• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Have you ever seen.....

Rate this topic

The Wings can’t blame the officiating. They got twice as many penalty minutes as the Sharks, 16-8, but that’s what happens when you’re constantly chasing the puck as the Wings were. They’re lucky the Sharks didn’t devour them whole considering how they dominated the puck, particularly in the second and third periods.[/b]

It pisses me off that we need some ******* Sharks fan to point out the obvious because the LGW faithful are too busy whining about the calls.

It pisses me off that we need some ******* Sharks fan to point out the obvious because the LGW faithful are too busy whining about the calls.

I got news for you buddy most of us are just pointing out the facts. If you don't like the truth thats your problem. Someone asked about penalty minutes and I gave in depth stat report. You cannot make up that a team received twice as many penalty minutes and 5 x as many 5 on 3's. These are cold hard facts that happened in a playoff series. The whole point is the Red Wings are the least penalized team in the regular season and how in the world can they be the most penalized in the playoffs. It does not add up. It's maddening hockey to watch. One team is clearly embellishing calls not always but maybe 25-30% of the time. The other I did not see any embellishment in. The point is we are frustrated and tired of watching this crap. I quite frankly will not watch it 2 years in a row again.

What did the Wings get misconducts for in Game 4??? It was mostly the Sharks that were starting crap.

Draper 10 minutes for being a punching bag most likely.

LOL, You referenced the words of Drew Sharp from the Detroit Free Press. Those were not my words.

Whiners = Homers.

Doesn't matter. Wings got seriously outplayed all but the first period

But it does matter, whether or not we played well is not the issue, if this goes on when we scrap the rust off and out play the Sharks your going to get the same results...........you might as well watch wrestling

Guest Grayne Wetzky

The reffing was totally subpar, which is actually par for the course in the NHL. Nobody seems to know what a penalty is or what is not and yes, it's pathetic. Atleast it wasn't as bad as the "clipping" call on Albert's beautiful textbook hipcheck on Tootoo..

Agreed.

No the Wings wer not going to win that game if the refs swallowed their whistles. It was only a matter of time until Jimmy cracked because no one can withstand a barrage like that when your team is not giving the effort to help.

WRONG. The Wings could have EASILY withstood another 9 minutes of "barrage" the same way they withstood the whole 16 minutes of the 2nd period where the Sharks outplayed them 5 on 5. In fact, they Wings had finally settled down and looked really good for the last part of the 2nd period and the 1st half of the third. If the referees would have called real penalties instead of CRAP, we're probably looking at a 2-0 victory for the Wings and Howard's best game as a Wing so far.

The first goal was a "direct result" of Kronwall coasting in backward letting Pavelski skate right the f*** around him for a clean shot at the rebound.

THEY WERE SHORT-HANDED, FOOL. That goal was a fluke. High rebound and a puck batted out of mid-air. Blaming Kronwall for that is ridiculous.

The winning goal was a direct result of abdelkader not being sure about what to do or where to go, so Ferrio skates over, takes the puck out from between Abby's legs and fires it on net. Stuart is so lethargic he skates aroound like a dumbass and doesn't even try to block Ferrio's shot. Instead he screens Jimmy's angle and spectates as the rookie gets his first ever playoff goal.

AGAIN, YOU'RE A FOOL. The Wings had been short-handed for 4 straight minutes as a result of the 6th ******* power play to the Sharks (Red Wings only got 2), and the 4th in the 3rd and Overtime Periods (Red Wings got ZERO). All of the players on the ice were tired and couldn't clear the puck, get a whistle, or get off. That's what tends to happen when the other team has 4 straight minutes of power play time.

Both SJ goals were a direct result of a SJ player beating a Detroit player due to lack of effort by the Detroit player.

Are you going to admit that both goals were a result of penalties called on Detroit? One of them was on the power play, so it'll be impossible for you not to make the connection that San Jose benefitted by being a man-up on the first goal. But can you connect the dots that the 4 minute power play that San Jose got in overtime hurt the Wings, as well, due to the goal being scored right after it expired with a bunch of Detroit players who were gassed still on the ice?

Yet, you guys don't want to discuss that; you'd rather talk about Buttman and conspiracy theories.

Who is talking conspiracy? Nobody. IF you had a set of eyes, knew anything about hockey, and watched the game last night, then you knew that the referees decided that game and not the players. I don't think there are many Red Wing fans or fans of other teams besides the Sharks who would argue that the refs didn't do anything abnormal.

Edit: see for yourselves. (click the video camera icon next to each SJ goal)

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2010030241

I'm huge Abby and Kronner fans, but I certainly hope Babs rips them a new one for those highlights. We as Red Wing fans need to take ownership of our team's mistakes and not cry about the refs like Pittsburgh and Vancouver fans do. Instead of this thread, there should be a 5 page thread about the mistakes Detroit made allowing SJ to hang around and win. Then late in the 5th page of the thread someone could mention that the reffing calls really didn't help either, and some else reply, "no, they really didn't" and that should be it. Quit bitching about the calls and fan up.

The Red Wings were SHUTTING OUT one of the best teams in the league until the refs got penalty happy in the 3rd and overtime. Why do I want to rip my team a new ******* for playing shut-out hockey? Because they allowed a bunch of perimeter shots to hit Howard's chest and get covered up? You must be a new fan. It's clear that you didn't go through any of the seasons where Detroit shot pucks 50 times per game at Giguere and only scored one goal because the shots were all coming from the boards and 50 ft away.

what about late in the first or early in the 2nd when abdelkader got drilled from behind into the boards? i don't remember who did it to him, but it was about 10 times worse than what bertuzzi actually did.

I'm not going to say that it would have changed the game if that blatant boarding and interference was called, but how do they call boarding on Bert and not this hit directly to Abby's numbers?

NotBoarding1.jpg

NotBoarding2.jpg

NotBoarding3.jpg

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I got news for you buddy most of us are just pointing out the facts. If you don't like the truth thats your problem. Someone asked about penalty minutes and I gave in depth stat report. You cannot make up that a team received twice as many penalty minutes and 5 x as many 5 on 3's. These are cold hard facts that happened in a playoff series. The whole point is the Red Wings are the least penalized team in the regular season and how in the world can they be the most penalized in the playoffs. It does not add up. It's maddening hockey to watch. One team is clearly embellishing calls not always but maybe 25-30% of the time. The other I did not see any embellishment in. The point is we are frustrated and tired of watching this crap. I quite frankly will not watch it 2 years in a row again.

Draper 10 minutes for being a punching bag most likely.

Too Logical. Looking at FACTS? Come on.

According to T.Low, If you complain about officiating, you're not a true fan. Criticize the players and blame the coach first, even though they played SHUT-OUT hockey for 50 minutes last night until the refs took over.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20113ALLAAAAll&sort=avgPenaltyMinutesPerGame&viewName=penalties

Throw out the majors and misconducts, because those skew the stats hard. Before last night, San Jose has 25 minors in 6 games or roughly 4 penalties a game. Detroit has 22 minors in 4 games, or roughly 6 penalties per game. Last night - 6 power plays for the Sharks, including a double-minor and 4 of them coming late. 2 power plays for the Red Wings.

Now lets look at the regular season:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLAAAAll&sort=avgPenaltyMinutesPerGame&viewName=penalties

Detroit is the 4th least penalized team in the league.

So we can make a couple of arguments here. 1) The Red Wings play gets dirtier as the playoffs start and progress. I think there is some truth to this. As the opponents get tougher, the Red Wings seem to take a few more calls than they normally would, which I think most would agree should be expected. 2) The Red Wings are getting screwed for whatever reason (conspiracy, bettman, octopus throwing, etc. etc. etc.). I think there's truth to this, as well. To me, it doesn't matter why the Wings are getting screwed. I'm just not going to pretend like it's a figment of my imagination and something else is causing it. It couldn't get any more obvious than last night.

Maybe if you shout a little louder and call me fool a couple more times you'll get your point across a ittle more clearly. :blink:

What does being shorthanded have to do with Kronner floating with Pavelski toward the net instead of moving his feet busting his ass, and therefore not being able to shut him down. Regardless of the nature of the rebound, he was obviously going to the net to get a rebound and he got one. It's elementary hockey and Kronner blew it.

The shark's PP was 1 for 12 or some silly number before they got to try it on a lolly gagging Red Wing team.

Ahh but if you look at the other threads in here the Kings have the best defense in the league :D

Goals Against and Penalty Kill, YEP, the Kings were indeed one of the best in the league in defense. They also played in, by far, the toughest division (Pacific) in the NHL this year.

I agree that they missed the call on Clowe. But, the call on Pavelski, still has me wondering. Roughing? Pavelski? Huh?

Goals Against and Penalty Kill, YEP, the Kings were indeed one of the best in the league in defense. They also played in, by far, the toughest division (Pacific) in the NHL this year.

I agree that they missed the call on Clowe. But, the call on Pavelski, still has me wondering. Roughing? Pavelski? Huh?

pavelski punched someone in the face.

Through years of miserable postseason appearances, a team must resort to something.... of course sharks going to keep doing what they excel in, diving and ******* up in the playoffs.

And Wallin biting his lip to draw blood for the double minor? TSN actually had him on camera very clearly doing it. I mean, come on Walkom, you're not that clueless, are you?

Yeah, that was ******* disgraceful. The camera panned to him afeterward and he was laughing and pointing at the ref joking no doubt about how much of an idiot he was for falling for it. The way they dive all the timedrawing BS penalties is ******* pathetic, but biting your lip to draw a double minor is just shameful

if you watched the replay, pavelski punched filppula (i think that's who it was) after he was hit by howard.

That's true, which made me think afterward that it was the reason for the call, but the official penalty was for roughing on Howard.

Yeah, that was ******* disgraceful. The camera panned to him afeterward and he was laughing and pointing at the ref joking no doubt about how much of an idiot he was for falling for it. The way they dive all the timedrawing BS penalties is ******* pathetic, but biting your lip to draw a double minor is just shameful

Holy s***! I didn't want to believe he actully did it, but when the camera did show him I told my buddy "look at that f***** butting his lip to get the double minor!" no wonder.