• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blues_demitra38

Mike Modano Time

Rate this topic

I do agree that Modano should be playing, he just adds more depth. When we signed him I said "come playoff time he will score some big goals for us I bet". Maybe not, Babs has really confused me on this. Must be more to the story...

He brings more to the table than any of Abdelkader/Eaves/Miller. Speed, a booming shot and a force on the power play. Why he is being benched, I have no idea. Get him back out there and let him fly.

He opened his mouth about retiring during at a crucial point of the season....Red Wing hockey is about team and not about me.....I want him in as well. The mule isn't ready......

I don't know what to do with Franzen...he's so damn unpredictable. One night he's doing every little thing right and lighting it up, and the next he's missing passes and floating around like a lost dog. He could be back to his old self on Sunday, or he might continue to play like tonight...you just can't tell.

12 years :cool:

Abdelkader had a good game overall, people are just blaming the OT goat, per usual. If anyone new gets inserted it has to be Draper. We need the PKing help, speed and faceoffs.

Don't know which game you were watching... but whenever I saw Abdelkader he was hitting people instead of making a play at the puck. If the Wings were a dump and chase team that would be ok, but puck possession teams play the puck then the body.

Don't know which game you were watching... but whenever I saw Abdelkader he was hitting people instead of making a play at the puck. If the Wings were a dump and chase team that would be ok, but puck possession teams play the puck then the body.

You sir, are correct.

On the losing goal, Abs was tied up with a Sharky so Ferrio took the puck out from between Abby's legs and threw it on net, right passed a dumbfounded, spectating, nonshotblocking, Jimmy Howard screening Brad Stuart.

How quickly people forget that certain players still have nagging injuries, specifically a forward who is still nursing an ankle from a previous series.

Then let him sit for a bit and play a healthy guy...until he is recovered and ready, he is a liability.

I'd be happy to at least try Modano on the third or fourth line, but please keep him away from the top 6.

However if it's extra speed we want, why not bring Mursak in for a game or two?

To be honest it's only our first playoff loss...making a change isn't critical right now, we can win with our current lineup.

'Enough is enough'.

After one loss. :lol:

Modano is virtually useless, Draper in, Miller out, simple.

Draper in, Eaves out! Miller is outworking Eaves IMO.

If anyone sits, it should be Bert, even though I love the guy...he was a liability last night. I hope he makes me eat my words!

Guest Crymson

How is one of you best face off guys sitting Draper.

How is Modano sitting over Miller or Eaves.

Draper is being sat because he's nominally less valuable than Miller and Eaves.

Modano is being sat because he's proven himself to be less valuable than Miller and Eaves.

abs eaves and miller are essential on the PK. cant sit them unless you substitute for draper. the only guy modano might replace is hudler.

Which means no Modano, as Huds has been on of the team's best forwards all playoff.

Mike Modano not playing is not a major reason the Red Wings lost Friday. If he plays I'm all for it, but it was their first loss in 5 tries in the playoffs Friday. Get a f**king grip people.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

as much as a Franzen fan that I am he look like he is playing hurt to me his facial expressions look like he is in pain and out of energy.

Is Modano a better option I dont know but I think he would have more jump.

When Draper plays you notice him more than Miller, I think Detroit could use his Character/leadership/swaggar at the very least during this series.

I'd like to see Mo and Drapes in. Bring 4 solid lines at San Jose with speed and skill.

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Modano

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filpula-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Draper

Miller

Abby

Lines are interchangeable, but Abby has taken bad penalties and done nothing on offence. Miller has been good on the PK, but every forward we have can PK save for Hudler and Bertuzzi. Mike's gotta shake things up, Datsyuk and Zetterberg doesnt work 5on5 anymore. And the amount of lose puck battles we loose because we're last getting to the puck is tiresome. Just do something differently, chane it up!

I'd like to see Mo and Drapes in. Bring 4 solid lines at San Jose with speed and skill.

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Modano

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filpula-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Draper

Miller

Abby

Lines are interchangeable, but Abby has taken bad penalties and done nothing on offence. Miller has been good on the PK, but every forward we have can PK save for Hudler and Bertuzzi. Mike's gotta shake things up, Datsyuk and Zetterberg doesnt work 5on5 anymore. And the amount of lose puck battles we loose because we're last getting to the puck is tiresome. Just do something differently, chane it up!

That top line would cause Datsyuk to die of fatigue.

I would also bring in Madonna and Draper, but at this point, it has nothing to do with line combos.

If more than half the team looks slow and unmotivated, it's kind of hard to think of line combos that would improve things.

Edited by GMRwings1983