• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blues_demitra38

Mike Modano Time

Rate this topic

Mike Modano is a Sharks killer.

He has produced big time numbers over the years competing against SJ in the Pacific Division.

At HP Pavilion, Modano has averaged almost a point per game. In 38 career games, Modano has been good for 36 points going into this season.

Mike Modano is a Sharks killer.

He has produced big time numbers over the years competing against SJ in the Pacific Division.

At HP Pavilion, Modano has averaged almost a point per game. In 38 career games, Modano has been good for 36 points going into this season.

Modano was also a 96 overall in my NHL 2000 video game.

Problem is, this isn't the year 2000, and Modano hasn't killed anything this season. If they dress him, it won't be because he "was" some great Sharks killer, but because we need to shake things up.

No one is expecting him to score a point per game right now.

Modano was also a 96 overall in my NHL 2000 video game.

Problem is, this isn't the year 2000, and Modano hasn't killed anything this season. If they dress him, it won't be because he "was" some great Sharks killer, but because we need to shake things up.

No one is expecting him to score a point per game right now.

Funny thing is, as Red Wings fans and not Stars fans, you really don't know how big a Sharks killer Modano truly is. Whether it be 2000, 2011, or 2021 - if he plays on a third line and gets power play time he is going to knock one in - he's just that confident against us. I unfortunately guarantee it.

If the Red Wings lose tonight I will blame it solely on Mike Babcock's refusal to insert Mike Modano in the lineup.

Bit of an over-reaction, eh?

I'd like to see Modano in, really just to show the guys that underperformance = get benched and replaced by someone else. Shake things up a bit.

Mo played great during his one game. He didnt really have heart during the regular season, but these are the playoffs. I think I would rather have Modano in over Miller, Hudler, and Abdelkader right now but that could just be my Modano man crush speaking.

In all seriousness, is there an explanation why Mike isn't in the lineup? His appearance in the Phoenix series was very promising as he showed speed, skill and playmaking ability. Down 2-0 in a must win game and in need of a shakeup, why NOT put him in for an under-performing player? Forget that he is a future Hall of Famer and deserves better than this, can anybody explain his benching from a hockey decision standpoint?

In all seriousness, is there an explanation why Mike isn't in the lineup? His appearance in the Phoenix series was very promising as he showed speed, skill and playmaking ability. Down 2-0 in a must win game and in need of a shakeup, why NOT put him in for an under-performing player? Forget that he is a future Hall of Famer and deserves better than this, can anybody explain his benching from a hockey decision standpoint?

He's benched for the same reason Hudler and Flip are on a line together and Rafalski and Ericsson are a d-pairing.

...Ladies and gentlemen, Mike Babcock has been drugged.

They got nothing to lose now, might as well give him a shot, the 3rd line or Flipper and Hudler hasn't made much of a dent at all this series, get Modano in for Hudler perhaps. And for people who says Modano is lazy or before Hudler's biggest fan yells at me with Hudler doing well or whatever, I get it. Again, Modano played solid in his one playoff game so far, they are all but done, might as well give it a shot even if he just plays 8-10 minutes.

They got nothing to lose now, might as well give him a shot, the 3rd line or Flipper and Hudler hasn't made much of a dent at all this series, get Modano in for Hudler perhaps. And for people who says Modano is lazy or before Hudler's biggest fan yells at me with Hudler doing well or whatever, I get it. Again, Modano played solid in his one playoff game so far, they are all but done, might as well give it a shot even if he just plays 8-10 minutes.

At this point there's really no reason not to

With this possibly being the final game of Modano's career, he has to be given a fighting chance. Bench Hudler and put Mo in.

I posted something similar in another thread - that with this being potentially the last game of the year they absolutely should put Modano in the line up. However, I don't particularly think it should be at Hudler's expense as he played well last night.

Regardless, Modano has to play in Game 4. No matter how they view the series, the Wings organization should do right by Modano and play him in what could easily be his last NHL game and last game at the Joe. If the Wings do in fact lose we should be given the chance to give Modano a proper send off in what will almost for sure be his inevitable retirement this summer. It would be a classy move and at least put a silver lining on an otherwise disappointing series. I say send him out in the right way. Give him the respect he deserves for coming to Detroit and trying to accomplish something (even though it just didn't work out)