• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blues_demitra38

Mike Modano Time

Rate this topic

No reason for Modano not to play in place of Hudler at this point, Hudler was invisible for 95% of the game last night, and when he was involved, he was making terrible defensive lapses (including the one that led to Boyle's goal).

No reason for Modano not to play in place of Hudler at this point, Hudler was invisible for 95% of the game last night, and when he was involved, he was making terrible defensive lapses (including the one that led to Boyle's goal).

I disagree. Hudler was making things happen. I get really nervous about putting in Modano, who said he doesn't have the fire for a playoff run, in crucial must-win games like this. The Sharks have such pressure that one lazy move or lost race to the puck could cost a game.

I disagree. Hudler was making things happen. I get really nervous about putting in Modano, who said he doesn't have the fire for a playoff run, in crucial must-win games like this. The Sharks have such pressure that one lazy move or lost race to the puck could cost a game.

Hudler's efforts have contributed 0 points to this series, he's setup no goals for a grand total of 0 assists. Modano is a better skater, has more experience, and his shot and ability to the play the point could help wake up the Wings incredibly sad powerplay efforts.

When I think of "lost race" and "lazy," I'm looking right at Hudler, not Modano.

Hudes is lost among the giants and Mo is the Sharks killer. Maybe Babs is saving the best for last? We will need the wheels out there on Sunday!

It's a two-edged sword if you look at it from the con or "lazy" side. Would Modano's frustrations (which I certainly understand) of not getting back in cause him to throw in the towel early and not try as hard in a game? If the game in Phoenix serves as an indication, probably not, but I don't think that's an unrealistic question to ask.

With Hudler, we all know of his offensive capabilities but he hasn't done much as the series has went on, and was on the ice near Boyle on one of those backdoor defensemen goals but absolutely no clue that he was around, playing the puck and not the body.

I'd love to see Modano play, but I fully support whatever the coaching staff does. I rarely like getting into the bench so-and-so game or hold grudges against players or stuff like that.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Question?.......by putting in Mo, would we be throwing in the towel? He's bigger than Hudes and faster......... better stick skills........ still a force to reckon with......I'm being sentimemntal and don't want Mo's career to end without playing another game,besides Franzen doesn't look 100% imo. Let him rest... we will need him in the long run...... it's time to get into the Sharks heads, they know Mo's history against them!

Edited by sinbin

Why not put Mike in? With each game possibly being the last game he will ever play, he will play with some heart and determination (I hope). Each of these games have come down to who has the stronger will to win. I find it a little disrespectful to end a players career as a healthy scratch. :dontgetit:

If Modano isn't in after Hudler's play last game I don't know what to think anymore. You've got one of the greatest players of all-time on the rotting on bench while you're looking down 1-3. I know he isn't the same player but come on. It's like sitting Stevie Y. Hudler was embarrassing on that Boyle goal.

Edited by Number19

Modano should be in, either for Hudler or Miller. Even Gator is doing something, despite drawing penalties every now and again. Miller's been a bit invisible, and while Hudler's been close, Mo deserves a shot.

I get that coaches can sometimes be stubborn in general, in any sport. You also got to wonder if Modano annoucing early that Modano was probably done after this season has anything with him to do not cracking the lineup over a few other reserves as well where he has more offensive potential. I'm not dogging Modano for coming out saying what he said, I don't think it was a pity party or cry for attention or being overly dramatic or whatever, just basically that he was probably going to hang them up after this season, nothing more or less.

If Franzen's ankle is as bad as it was as game 4 went on (and assuming Miller gets the nod over Hudler again), would stubborness or Modano's "talk" prevent him from getting in again.....

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Nah, Babcock couldn't care less if or where a role player is going to play next year... He wants to win every night, and will put out the lineup that he feels will get that win on that day.

I want to believe that, but did you see the pain Mule was in all game? I can't help but wonder. At 100%, sure, Franzen is better than Modano. On one leg, though?