• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blues_demitra38

Mike Modano Time

Rate this topic

I heard Mike Babcock hates American players. Sorry Modano, looks like you don't get to suit up.

yet, Drew Miller gets in....and Howard is still starting...as is Abdelkader and Rafalski...but I heard the same thing, maybe it was just Chelios he hated...

yet, Drew Miller gets in....and Howard is still starting...as is Abdelkader and Rafalski...but I heard the same thing, maybe it was just Chelios he hated...

Looks like Jeremy Roenick isn't a credible source after all. :lol:

PLEASE let Mikey play, Babs. The last time I said this I felt kind of bad because we weren't sure how injured Mule was, but now I just say it out of mercy. Give the guy a break! I know he doesn't really want one, but it's pretty obvious now that he needs one.

According to Babs it won't be Hudler:

The Wings may play Game 6 without forward Johan Franzen, who reinjured his ankle during Sunday’s game and didn’t play at all in the third period. The Wings expect to have a better handle on Franzen’s health Tuesday morning. Mike Modano is on standby if Franzen can’t play.

“I'm not going to worry about that much,” Babcock said. “We'll see what happens. If he's not ready to go, we'll put Modano in.”

Hudler's efforts have contributed 0 points to this series, he's setup no goals for a grand total of 0 assists. Modano is a better skater, has more experience, and his shot and ability to the play the point could help wake up the Wings incredibly sad powerplay efforts.

When I think of "lost race" and "lazy," I'm looking right at Hudler, not Modano.

I agree. Huds adds nothing against the Sharks - he gets tossed around like a ragdoll. The cliche 'defensive liability' applies in his case. Modano has done little true, but I would put him back in over Huds. Jiri Hudler is this year's Jason Williams.

Question?.......by putting in Mo, would we be throwing in the towel? He's bigger than Hudes and faster......... better stick skills........

He's bigger and faster, but does NOT have better stick skills. Nor is he better at anything else.

If Modano isn't in after Hudler's play last game I don't know what to think anymore. You've got one of the greatest players of all-time on the rotting on bench while you're looking down 1-3. I know he isn't the same player but come on. It's like sitting Stevie Y. Hudler was embarrassing on that Boyle goal.

Hudler played the Boyle goal the exact same way Helm did the previous game. Babcock sat Hudler in Game 5 for that one Game 4 mistake, even though he was one of the few Wings creating offensive opportunities that game, and has been one of the most effective offensive players in terms of creating opportunities for himself and his linemates. Why did Helm not face the same treatment regarding his mistake defensively, which was identical to Hudler's in every way? Helm is supposed to be the next Draper, the best defender on the team after Z and Dats. Where's his "message" that he screwed up?

If he doesn't, then it's official imo. Mike Babcock hates Mike Modano. :ph34r:

Modano is the worst defensive forward on the team, with the possible exception of Holmstrom. His offensive skills place him outside the team's top nine; perhaps even without Franzen. He is the team's least physical forward. What possible justification is there for him to be in the lineup? You want him to play the point on the PP? I'd rather just play Rafalski the full 2 minutes.

Ultimately, if Babcock's only lineup chance is to bring in Modano for Franzen, I wouldn't be shocked. He has never liked Hudler despite Hudler's skills, simply because Hudler is a small player and he's not fast. Guys like that aren't Babcock's "ideal" player type. Modano will probably play with Datsyuk and have no effect on the game, just like in the Phoenix game, but he might get an assist simply from being on Dats' line and happening to have given Dats the puck ages before the goal.

I guess we'll see what happens.

What's wrong with getting assists on Dats' goals? That would be good. And Huds (10G, 27A) and Flip (16G, 23A) piled up most of their points this way, on other people's goals.