• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blues_demitra38

Mike Modano Time

Rate this topic

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but I would have kept Z out if I was Babcock. The Wings were undefeated with the line-up they were rolling. Why change until something goes wrong?

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but I would have kept Z out if I was Babcock. The Wings were undefeated with the line-up they were rolling. Why change until something goes wrong?

Uh, because the Sharks—as we saw tonight—are not the Winnipeg Jetyotes?

Seriously, this takes the cake for "dumb posts made after a loss."

He supposedly did... I don't recall actually seeing him out there though. Slip Bert into Franzen's spot, bring Helm up to the third line with Mo and Cleary, and then swap in Drapes for Abby.

I'd pretty much roll:

ZDH

Bert/Fil/Hudler

Cleary/Mo/Miller

Draper/Helm/Eaves

Frankly I like rewarding effort and smart play, and Franzen and Abdelkader didn't show me crap tonight.

Modano isn't better. Unfortunately.

A pylon would have been better than Franzen tonight. At least we'd see it and it couldn't give the puck away trying stupid passes in the offensive zone.

Modano would be playing third line minutes as well, allowing Bertuzzi to play second line minutes with Filppula and Hudler, who both looked great tonight despite how unnoticeable Franzen was.

I'd pretty much roll:

ZDH

Bert/Fil/Hudler

Cleary/Mo/Miller

Draper/Helm/Eaves

Frankly I like rewarding effort and smart play, and Franzen and Abdelkader didn't show me crap tonight.

I would rather Helm than Miller on the third line because it allows for Modano on the wing, where he is better suited anyway. It also makes that a quick, defensively capable third line that has scoring punch. Miller/Draper/Eaves is still a solid fourth line; slip Abby in for any of them if you like and it still works out well - hopefully he'll do better than tonight.

How quickly people forget that certain players still have nagging injuries, specifically a forward who is still nursing an ankle from a previous series.

How though did his play differ from most nights where he is healthy?

How though did his play differ from most nights where he is healthy?

He had two goals in three games last series.

But you are right, let's sit one of Detroit's top playoff performers on the whims of some irrational fans and the team's first loss of the playoffs. Silly me.

How quickly people forget that certain players still have nagging injuries, specifically a forward who is still nursing an ankle from a previous series.

That is infact the reason i would sit Franzen and enter Michigan Mike. I'd rather take my chances with an old rusty Mikey Mo with something to prove, than a great playoff scoring machine with a bad peg. You can't do s*** with a bad ankle. It's not his fault, it's just the way it is.

He had two goals in three games last series.

But you are right, let's sit one of Detroit's top playoff performers on the whims of some irrational fans and the team's first loss of the playoffs. Silly me.

He had a couple of good moments. He also made some massive errors; his first goal only made up for completely blowing coverage that directly led to a goal.

He scored 2 in 3 last series, but was maybe the team's 6th or 7th best forward. And so far against the Sharks he's looked even worse. He hasn't shown the ability to play defense in years, and his scoring is wildly inconsistent if he's not in "playoff beast" mode; which he is not right now.

I would rather Helm than Miller on the third line because it allows for Modano on the wing, where he is better suited anyway. It also makes that a quick, defensively capable third line that has scoring punch. Miller/Draper/Eaves is still a solid fourth line; slip Abby in for any of them if you like and it still works out well - hopefully he'll do better than tonight.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, I just think that at this point, Helm works better as a grinder with Eaves and Draper as opposed to fitting in with a better line like Cleary and Mo.

Honestly, I'd just like to see Abdelkader sitting and Bert getting a chance on the second line, I don't much care who sits or who comes in for them.

That is infact the reason i would sit Franzen and enter Michigan Mike. I'd rather take my chances with an old rusty Mikey Mo with something to prove, than a great playoff scoring machine with a bad peg. You can't do s*** with a bad ankle. It's not his fault, it's just the way it is.

Exactly. I'm not saying he's not injured, it's just that Franzen wasn't typical playoff-Franzen. He was more regular season-Franzen, and while you notice him every once in a while, playoff-Franzen gets noticed on every shift, it feels like.

I also noticed Bert a lot tonight, which is why I think he should get time on the second line.

More Like PLAY RED WINGS HOCKEY TIME

Yeah, agreed. If the team continues to play like that, it doesn't matter what line-up we roll...we will lose. On the other hand, I'd like to see what Modano can do for us, just for a game, maybe.

I don't know what to do with Franzen...he's so damn unpredictable. One night he's doing every little thing right and lighting it up, and the next he's missing passes and floating around like a lost dog. He could be back to his old self on Sunday, or he might continue to play like tonight...you just can't tell.

Guest Crymson

'Enough is enough'.

After one loss. :lol:

No kidding. It's good that nobody in any position of importance anywhere is as fickle as some of the posters here.