• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

The Wings are ramping back up, and FAR, FAR from out of it. Anyone who counts them out at this point is a fool.

#42 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

Why is a shark fan trying to reassure Red Wing fans. Go enjoy your victory man.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#43 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

Because I am also a Wings fan. I was a Wings fan even before San Jose had a team.

My ultimate hockey dream is for the Wings to be in the Eastern Conference, so that a Stanley Cup Final between the two teams becomes a possibility. I HATE that two teams of this caliber have to meet in the stinking quarter and semi-finals.

I rooted HARD for Chicago to eliminate Vancouver, for no other reason than a WCF Wings/Sharks showdown as a possibility.

Edited by Grypho, 01 May 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#44 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

I was at the game today, and the Wings looked like SH!T. Plain and simple. A lot of that has to do with the Sharks being a good team. I thought the Wings got screwed in the first game by the refs, but today's game was just a loss. And it should have been a shut-out if the ref wouldn't have called a cheap penalty on the Sharks at the end of the game. The Red Wings need to stop playing like they're Mario Lemieux and start playing like Darren Helm. He looks like the only one trying out there. Ericsson and Rafalski have looked espeically poor the first 2 games. The Sharks are spending a lot of time in the Wings zone when those 2 are on the ice. Coach might want to shake it up a bit and remove one or both of them from the line-up for the rest of this series. Neither of them are making a positive impact.
  • Nev likes this

#45 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

That Howard guy that LGW loves to ***** about looked pretty good too
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

I was at the game today, and the Wings looked like SH!T. Plain and simple. A lot of that has to do with the Sharks being a good team. I thought the Wings got screwed in the first game by the refs, but today's game was just a loss. And it should have been a shut-out if the ref wouldn't have called a cheap penalty on the Sharks at the end of the game. The Red Wings need to stop playing like they're Mario Lemieux and start playing like Darren Helm. He looks like the only one trying out there. Ericsson and Rafalski have looked espeically poor the first 2 games. The Sharks are spending a lot of time in the Wings zone when those 2 are on the ice. Coach might want to shake it up a bit and remove one or both of them from the line-up for the rest of this series. Neither of them are making a positive impact.

so we got screwed in fist game, and then got outplayed in the second right? The series is 2-0, not 1-1.

And why do you call it a "cheap penalty"? I think that the main reason we are loosing is that refs allows a lot of interference from both teams instead of more clean hockey like we have in, for example, Was-Tampa series or had in Pho-Det one. This type of game is better suited for bigger teams and Sharks definitely are the bigger one. Sad that we have completely different hockey in 4 series going. More or less clean in Was-Tampa, Phi-Bos and clutch and grad stuff in Nash-Van and Det Sjs.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#47 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

Datsyuk was amazing yesterday - he was pretty much the only reason we were able to gain the SJ zone, by dangling through 3 Sharks. But even his line spent entire shifts in our zone unable to clear the puck.

But you are correct, SJ were just flat out better than us, they always seemed to have 2 men on the forecheck, then 4 men stood up at the blueline when we got the puck into the neutral zone.

Edited by Nev, 02 May 2011 - 03:25 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#48 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

This game wasn't actually lost in the first period but pretty close to it. I realize we were only down 1 but we could have been up 2 or 3 with those pp's. That was a big difference in the game.
naked is a state of mind

#49 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

The reason the Sharks are winning these games (aside from the fact they've outskated us 5 of the 7 periods we've played) is they're willing to just throw the puck at the net and crash... we did that against Phoenix, so I don't understand the regression... all I know is that if this doesn't drastically change for game 3, they'llbe golfing very soon...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#50 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

Recent history shows that this has been:

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#51 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

reasons?

the sharks are a better team than the red wings, and it's showing this playoff series even more so than last year.

what was all that talk about the wings being "better" this year? "healthier"? right?

...because they've looked worse than they did in any of the 5 games against SJ last year.

disappointing.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#52 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

The Wings are ramping back up, and FAR, FAR from out of it. Anyone who counts them out at this point is a fool.

Soooo 95% of this forum's membership. It's the easy path to take, Grypho. You should know that if you were once a Wings fan. There is for sure a reason that you have to win 4 games for a series to be over. Not a whole lot told me we are going to be swept or even have a 5 gamer such as last year. If we can't take home ice here, it's about time to set up tee times.

Truly the most nauseating part of yesterday was the Thornton interview after:

Pang: "What have you changed about your game this postseason, Joe?"
Joey T: "Nothing, hehe"

Get the f*** outta here.....
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#53 azshark

azshark

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

Truly the most nauseating part of yesterday was the Thornton interview after:

Pang: "What have you changed about your game this postseason, Joe?"
Joey T: "Nothing, hehe"

Get the f*** outta here.....

What the hell do you think he's gonna say? "Uhm, good question Mr. Holy Jumpin's! Yeah I changed my mental approach. I used to be afraid of playoff pressure, but not anymore!"

The bottom line. Both games San Jose has outworked the Wings, drawing penalties and lucky bounces. They are doing the little things right. They are forechecking, backchecking, following-up on possible rebounds in the crease. This is a Sharks team that we Sharks fans have been waiting for YEARS to see.

I posted in a different thread that the Kings played the Sharks much more physically. Wore the Sharks down. I don't see a lot of physicality by the Wings yet. They need to be better.

Foot must stay on the pedal for the Sharks to win two more.

#54 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

During one four-minute double minor on Benn Ferriero for high-sticking, the Red Wings managed just one shot.

that speaks volumes right there.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#55 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

I posted in a different thread that the Kings played the Sharks much more physically. Wore the Sharks down. I don't see a lot of physicality by the Wings yet. They need to be better.

Tough to be too physical on a team when most of the hits they were laying on the Yotes are now being called penalties. Roughing and boarding for clean checks... it's a sickness in the NHL but for FFS it's playoff hockey. I can't hold back anymore, we do have to play physical and we will come out a different team game 3. Well, we have to :lol:
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#56 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

That Howard guy that LGW loves to ***** about looked pretty good too

He gave up a bad goal in the 3rd period of each game. That's not exactly coming up big in the clutch.

Chances are we'd have lost anyway, but he can't give up questionable goals when Niemi is giving up nothing.

Still, he's been our best player and has looked much better than last year.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#57 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

After careful thinking I've come to the conclusion that to win Wings should've scored more goals than Sharks.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#58 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

After careful thinking I've come to the conclusion that to win Wings should've scored more goals than Sharks.

At one point yesterday, Niemi had a shutout streak of almost 5 periods.

That ugly loser couldn't go 5 minutes without allowing a goal to LA.

I hope to see some offensive breakout on Wednesday, which leads to a blowout and Niemi being chased from his net.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#59 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Three possible reasons:
1. Sharks are a better team than Wings.
2. Wings are mailing it in. F for effort.
3. We are being out coached.

I think 3. 2 is related to 3 because a coach has to make sure his team is ready to go. And even if 1 was the case, sometimes better coaching can overcome #1. I hate to say it cuz Babcock is so revered here but maybe McLelland knows his Jedi Master's weakness. It's the padawan's time.

#60 chuklz

chuklz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

Sharks in 5.