• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grypho

Reasons why Wings are down 0-2

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

reasons?

the sharks are a better team than the red wings, and it's showing this playoff series even more so than last year.

what was all that talk about the wings being "better" this year? "healthier"? right?

...because they've looked worse than they did in any of the 5 games against SJ last year.

disappointing.

The Wings are ramping back up, and FAR, FAR from out of it. Anyone who counts them out at this point is a fool.

Soooo 95% of this forum's membership. It's the easy path to take, Grypho. You should know that if you were once a Wings fan. There is for sure a reason that you have to win 4 games for a series to be over. Not a whole lot told me we are going to be swept or even have a 5 gamer such as last year. If we can't take home ice here, it's about time to set up tee times.

Truly the most nauseating part of yesterday was the Thornton interview after:

Pang: "What have you changed about your game this postseason, Joe?"

Joey T: "Nothing, hehe"

Get the f*** outta here.....

Truly the most nauseating part of yesterday was the Thornton interview after:

Pang: "What have you changed about your game this postseason, Joe?"

Joey T: "Nothing, hehe"

Get the f*** outta here.....

What the hell do you think he's gonna say? "Uhm, good question Mr. Holy Jumpin's! Yeah I changed my mental approach. I used to be afraid of playoff pressure, but not anymore!"

The bottom line. Both games San Jose has outworked the Wings, drawing penalties and lucky bounces. They are doing the little things right. They are forechecking, backchecking, following-up on possible rebounds in the crease. This is a Sharks team that we Sharks fans have been waiting for YEARS to see.

I posted in a different thread that the Kings played the Sharks much more physically. Wore the Sharks down. I don't see a lot of physicality by the Wings yet. They need to be better.

Foot must stay on the pedal for the Sharks to win two more.

Guest stinky fish taco
During one four-minute double minor on Benn Ferriero for high-sticking, the Red Wings managed just one shot.

that speaks volumes right there.

I posted in a different thread that the Kings played the Sharks much more physically. Wore the Sharks down. I don't see a lot of physicality by the Wings yet. They need to be better.

Tough to be too physical on a team when most of the hits they were laying on the Yotes are now being called penalties. Roughing and boarding for clean checks... it's a sickness in the NHL but for FFS it's playoff hockey. I can't hold back anymore, we do have to play physical and we will come out a different team game 3. Well, we have to :lol:

That Howard guy that LGW loves to ***** about looked pretty good too

He gave up a bad goal in the 3rd period of each game. That's not exactly coming up big in the clutch.

Chances are we'd have lost anyway, but he can't give up questionable goals when Niemi is giving up nothing.

Still, he's been our best player and has looked much better than last year.

After careful thinking I've come to the conclusion that to win Wings should've scored more goals than Sharks.

At one point yesterday, Niemi had a shutout streak of almost 5 periods.

That ugly loser couldn't go 5 minutes without allowing a goal to LA.

I hope to see some offensive breakout on Wednesday, which leads to a blowout and Niemi being chased from his net.

Three possible reasons:

1. Sharks are a better team than Wings.

2. Wings are mailing it in. F for effort.

3. We are being out coached.

I think 3. 2 is related to 3 because a coach has to make sure his team is ready to go. And even if 1 was the case, sometimes better coaching can overcome #1. I hate to say it cuz Babcock is so revered here but maybe McLelland knows his Jedi Master's weakness. It's the padawan's time.

The Wings are back to what they did most of the season. They aren't playing the boards in either end. They just kind of hover around (very pylon-like) hoping to intercept a pass or block a shot. The opposition gets way too many shots on goal, and since the Wings can't control the puck in their own end, they can't clear it. When they do attempt to clear it, it's a weak-assed pass that usually ends up with yet another shot on J-Ho. Getting into the Ozone is a problem, too. All this means, imho, is that our boys are playing lazy and they suck. If they don't pull their heads out of their collective butts, they will be swinging clubs.

I should note that the Wings most certainly can turn this around. If not, Jack is going to tell them that they "smell".

Wings are playing with zero heart overall

They only care about the game when there is 10 minutes or so left

It makes me sick to hear that, because I think the Wings played with nothing but heart, and expended nothing but whatever fumes they had remaining in their tank at the end. I DO NOT BUY that ANY player on a team that work so ******* hard to get where they are "plays with no heart", even when they do poorly.

There were no energy reserves for the Wings players to have to pace in the last five minutes, so they sprinted with all they had left, to try to convert the finish into a forced overtime. And it was a MAGNIFICENT effort - which many fans took as a slap in the face, as if they somehow had ALL that energy to expend over 60 minutes of play. f***! How maddening that must be for them, how can nobody see that?

The last two games helped to ramp the Wings stamina back up some, and will no doubt pay dividends as the next three days of rest puts badly needed fuel back into their (now capacity increased) tanks. The Wings skated better in Game 2 (so said Babcock, so disagree with him, not me), but so did the Sharks. However, the Sharks were already near their peak capacity. For that reason, I fully expect the Wings will be able to skate MUCH better in Game 3, even relative to the Sharks.

And some will say "they finally showed up", "they finally played with some heart this time". :::: GAG - VOMIT - SPIT ::::

Go do push-ups until I get tired, because if you can't do as many as I want you to do, a terrorist is going to shoot your mother. And when, finally, you cannot raise your body even an inch above the floor, I will kick you squarely in the face, then hard to the stomach, for not doing pushups 'with heart'.

It makes me sick to hear that, because I think the Wings played with nothing but heart, and expended nothing but whatever fumes they had remaining in their tank at the end. I DO NOT BUY that ANY player on a team that work so ******* hard to get where they are "plays with no heart", even when they do poorly.

There were no energy reserves for the Wings players to have to pace in the last five minutes, so they sprinted with all they had left, to try to convert the finish into a forced overtime. And it was a MAGNIFICENT effort - which many fans took as a slap in the face, as if they somehow had ALL that energy to expend over 60 minutes of play. f***! How maddening that must be for them, how can nobody see that?

The last two games helped to ramp the Wings stamina back up some, and will no doubt pay dividends as the next three days of rest puts badly needed fuel back into their (now capacity increased) tanks. The Wings skated better in Game 2 (so said Babcock, so disagree with him, not me), but so did the Sharks. However, the Sharks were already near their peak capacity. For that reason, I fully expect the Wings will be able to skate MUCH better in Game 3, even relative to the Sharks.

And some will say "they finally showed up", "they finally played with some heart this time". :::: GAG - VOMIT - SPIT ::::

Go do push-ups until I get tired, because if you can't do as many as I want you to do, a terrorist is going to shoot your mother. And when, finally, you cannot raise your body even an inch above the floor, I will kick you squarely in the face, then hard to the stomach, for not doing pushups 'with heart'.

The Wings need to work harder and skate harder. Write as many paragraphs as you want to explain it, but that is what it is. If every athlete has heart just because they made pro (which makes no sense to me btw), then they should all know how to stay in somewhat shape over an 8 day stretch. The only reason they needed to sprint at the end was because they wasted all their energy being out of position and trying to retrieve passes out of their skates all game long, while chasing around a San Jose team that is supporting each other very well atm.

Days off don't make nearly the impact that you claim. Teams don't become extra gassed at the end of a game because they had an extra day off... they get gassed at the end of a game when they play with their heads up their asses all game long and have to keep turning and reaching all game long.

Edited by Broken 16

Teams don't become extra gassed at the end of a game because they had an extra day off...

Make that nine.

But...just to show you that I can poke fun at myself...

wingsfitness.jpg

They look slower than San Jose, aren't working as hard, making the little sacrifices, San Jose seems to be controlling more of the play and the Wings don't seem to get equal time in their offensive zone. Whether that will change or not coming back to JLA, I don't know. But maybe Babcock has to pull something different out of his sleeve. Methinks they know what we're going to do before we do it.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Pay attention to Rafalski-Ericsson pairing. These guys are a big part of the problem. The refs jobbed us in game one, and we just got beat in game 2. It's 2-0 Sharks, and the Red Wings are now at home for 2 games. Hopefully, it will be 2-2 in a few days, and we'll all be talking about what we need to do to take game 5. I don't think it's time to throw in the towel, but Ericsson-Rafalski should be playing sparingly and for very SHORT shifts. It seems like they're getting caught out there with dead legs and pushed around as well. This is unacceptable come playoff time. The defensemen have to be strong on the puck, and this pairing just isn't strong (or fast). I'm surprised that the adjustment wasn't made in game 2, but hopefully it will be by tomorrow.

in this video we have Will representing realistic red wings fans who aren't blinded by their love for the team and can admit the truth when they see it.

we also have Carlton who represents the optimistic homer fans who think being a "true fan" means you can't criticise the team at all and you most definitely cannot admit that they just aren't as good as they used to be.

lastly, the clown represents the red wings and "ernie" is our chance of winning the stanley cup this year.

You have issues.

Back to hockey the Wings did not play with heart. Only one line had any real consistent presents in the offensive zone and the only reason why they were able to look dominate in the last 10 minutes or so was because SJ started to sit back. Detroit got outplayed for most of the game and looked like they could not even keep up with SJ even after having so much rest. If anything they should looked gassed at the end, not from the start all the way well into the 3rd period. Our second line ZERO HEART, 3rd line ZERO HEART, surprisingly the 4th line ZERO HEART. They might of showed up for the PHX series but they have not showed up this series.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Honestly you can blame this and that. But when it comes down to it we just can't beat the Sharks. Our team isn't built to beat Sharks. The last 2 seasons stats against the Sharks probably show that. Also they're big guns are getting it done against us when our big guns aren't doing much of anything. It would also help if some of our 3rd to 4th line guys could finish/score. But whatever thats hockey.

I think our team as played pretty good it's just unfortunate we are done 2-0. Both games were close and I think we were the better team in game 1. We need to take both games at the Joe or this series is over. :(

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)