38 replies to this topic

#1 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Babs:

The only mistake Babs made was to put Z and Dats in the same line. If you want to beat the Skarks you have to bring on the ice at least 3 balanced lines (remember the Skarks’ lineup).
Here my combination:
Franzen-D-Huds
Homer-Z-Cleary
Abdelkader-Flip-Berts
Helm-Draper-Eaves

Defense+Howie:

They gave us the opportunity to win the game

Forwards:

Lack of grit, net presence… It is mainly due to the fact explained above.

“Rusty factor”:

I’d prefer talking of what really happened on the ice instead of what could have been happened… Don’t you?

For next games:

Change the line and stop taking f****** penalties. If we play well nobody can stop us. Let’s hope for an improvement.

#2 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:06 AM

Anything to get their energy up. All of them. Does Red Bull really give you Wings? Fine. Drink it.

Coffee? Electroshock? How about a little adrenaline for each player?

Posted Image

#3 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

Hope you're right.

Bast solution: Red Bull + shuffle lines

LGW

#4 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

i was surprised that he rolled z and d... but probably just to get z back into the game and take pressure off of him so he's not completely hounded the whole time after not playing for a few weeks..

i imagine that they will eventually be split up.

#5 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

Quicker outlet passes to beat their forechecking. Bada bing bada boom.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#6 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

What we need to do is go into the 3rd period behind a goal. Penalties never get called against teams behind.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#7 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

What we need to do is go into the 3rd period behind a goal. Penalties never get called against teams behind.

Sadly true.
Plus the Wings only play really well when they are behind.

#8 sinbin

sinbin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

Play 60 mins., fore-check, fore-check, fore-check..... break up the Euro twins, add speed to every line......SJ is big & slow..... they dump & pulverize you! they' ll wear you down. think about it....5 OT wins?!
Don't be fooled by what you see......

#9 ACE

ACE

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

We need to get more than one forward going!Pavel was great again but after that wow not much production Hank looked understandably rust,But we had alot of forwards look bad Cleary,Bert,Franzen combined for one shot and we had five forwards with no shots.Hopfuly it was just the long lay off and all four lines contribute Sunday or this could be a short series!

#10 flying/wings/n'iraq

flying/wings/n'iraq

Draftee

• HoF Booster
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:02 AM

You know what makes the sound"POP"..... The red wings pulling there heads out of there ass's and actually wake up and realize there in the middle of a damn hockey game. Thats the only way they are going to win. Now it all wasn't the wings as we know... there was a lot of garbage calls on the refs, and did you see that butt ugly goal that ferrrie score. That is websters definition of a garbage goal. I mean not only did it deflect off of stuarts stick but then howard was just a day late and a dollar short on what looked like a pretty average shot on goal, besides the deflection it was straight on and howard had all day to the point his head was turned looking at the back of the net before the puck made contact with his pads. Other than that howard put together a pretty decent run last night

#11 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

What to do to beat the Sharks? Ice an entire team that wants to play 60 minute games to win! Last night felt like a flashback watching last years lifeless, slow, injured, weak, excuse, excuse and excuse team play a bigger, better and hungrier Sharks team.... embarrassing. Datsyuk, Howard and our 4th line were the only one's who came to play the whole game. If things don't change tomorrow it could be another sad ending. How can you blame rust? Its not like they had a year off and never touched the ice? Or Line combo's? We can roll 4 strong lines if everyone plays and can match anyone in everything but heart and desire apparently. Shape up boys, its do or die every game now!

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

How about not putting Rafalski and Ericsson on the same pairing?

Each time those fools were in their own zone, bad things seemed to happen.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

They just need to keep playing the way they are playing. Split up D and Z. Put Abby on the wing. A little less pushing the puck and a little more puck control. Wings positioning seemed a little behind. They were reaching a lot. The Wings were dictating the play much more than the Sharks but the Sharks were a much better reactionary team and that was the difference imo. They seemed more poised to capitalize on mistakes than us.

No offense to Hudler but I wouldn't mind seeing Modano out against the Sharks. If anything just to give them a different look than last playoffs.

Edited by Broken 16, 30 April 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

You know, the Kings had a pretty easy time scoring against San Jose, and it's not because of LA's immense talent.

We need to put more pucks on that ugly idiot Niemi, and he'll give up some softies. More guys crashing the net, more screens, etc.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 Weaksauce

Weaksauce

I love cup.

• 40 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

You know what makes the sound"POP"..... The red wings pulling there heads out of there ass's and actually wake up and realize there in the middle of a damn hockey game. Thats the only way they are going to win. Now it all wasn't the wings as we know... there was a lot of garbage calls on the refs, and did you see that butt ugly goal that ferrrie score. That is websters definition of a garbage goal. I mean not only did it deflect off of stuarts stick but then howard was just a day late and a dollar short on what looked like a pretty average shot on goal, besides the deflection it was straight on and howard had all day to the point his head was turned looking at the back of the net before the puck made contact with his pads. Other than that howard put together a pretty decent run last night

From what I saw, it looked as though it deflected up off stuart's stick, then was popped down on kronwall's blade, which gives it that odd bounce down before 5 holing Howard.

#16 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

Stop turning the puck over.

Dive a lot.

#17 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Dive a lot.

WINNER!!! :thumbup:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#18 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Go into the third period down by a goal?

#19 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Forget it. It's over! We've NEVER been able to win a series after going down 1-0.

Edited by Crymson, 30 April 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#20 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

I dont think Z is strong enough to center his own line yet.

Wings need to get their forecheck on and hit some mother f***ers like they did in phoneix. thats how they won that series, they were very aggressive and finished all of their checks.