• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

What to do to beat the sharks

Rate this topic

Babs:

The only mistake Babs made was to put Z and Dats in the same line. If you want to beat the Skarks you have to bring on the ice at least 3 balanced lines (remember the Skarks’ lineup).

Here my combination:

Franzen-D-Huds

Homer-Z-Cleary

Abdelkader-Flip-Berts

Helm-Draper-Eaves

Defense+Howie:

They gave us the opportunity to win the game

Forwards:

Lack of grit, net presence… It is mainly due to the fact explained above.

“Rusty factor”:

I’d prefer talking of what really happened on the ice instead of what could have been happened… Don’t you?

For next games:

Change the line and stop taking f****** penalties. If we play well nobody can stop us. Let’s hope for an improvement.

i was surprised that he rolled z and d... but probably just to get z back into the game and take pressure off of him so he's not completely hounded the whole time after not playing for a few weeks..

i imagine that they will eventually be split up.

What we need to do is go into the 3rd period behind a goal. Penalties never get called against teams behind.

Sadly true.

Plus the Wings only play really well when they are behind.

Play 60 mins., fore-check, fore-check, fore-check..... break up the Euro twins, add speed to every line......SJ is big & slow..... they dump & pulverize you! they' ll wear you down. think about it....5 OT wins?!

We need to get more than one forward going!Pavel was great again but after that wow not much production Hank looked understandably rust,But we had alot of forwards look bad Cleary,Bert,Franzen combined for one shot and we had five forwards with no shots.Hopfuly it was just the long lay off and all four lines contribute Sunday or this could be a short series!

You know what makes the sound"POP"..... The red wings pulling there heads out of there ass's and actually wake up and realize there in the middle of a damn hockey game. Thats the only way they are going to win. Now it all wasn't the wings as we know... there was a lot of garbage calls on the refs, and did you see that butt ugly goal that ferrrie score. That is websters definition of a garbage goal. I mean not only did it deflect off of stuarts stick but then howard was just a day late and a dollar short on what looked like a pretty average shot on goal, besides the deflection it was straight on and howard had all day to the point his head was turned looking at the back of the net before the puck made contact with his pads. Other than that howard put together a pretty decent run last night

What to do to beat the Sharks? Ice an entire team that wants to play 60 minute games to win! Last night felt like a flashback watching last years lifeless, slow, injured, weak, excuse, excuse and excuse team play a bigger, better and hungrier Sharks team.... embarrassing. Datsyuk, Howard and our 4th line were the only one's who came to play the whole game. If things don't change tomorrow it could be another sad ending. How can you blame rust? Its not like they had a year off and never touched the ice? Or Line combo's? We can roll 4 strong lines if everyone plays and can match anyone in everything but heart and desire apparently. Shape up boys, its do or die every game now!

They just need to keep playing the way they are playing. Split up D and Z. Put Abby on the wing. A little less pushing the puck and a little more puck control. Wings positioning seemed a little behind. They were reaching a lot. The Wings were dictating the play much more than the Sharks but the Sharks were a much better reactionary team and that was the difference imo. They seemed more poised to capitalize on mistakes than us.

No offense to Hudler but I wouldn't mind seeing Modano out against the Sharks. If anything just to give them a different look than last playoffs.

Edited by Broken 16

You know, the Kings had a pretty easy time scoring against San Jose, and it's not because of LA's immense talent.

We need to put more pucks on that ugly idiot Niemi, and he'll give up some softies. More guys crashing the net, more screens, etc.

You know what makes the sound"POP"..... The red wings pulling there heads out of there ass's and actually wake up and realize there in the middle of a damn hockey game. Thats the only way they are going to win. Now it all wasn't the wings as we know... there was a lot of garbage calls on the refs, and did you see that butt ugly goal that ferrrie score. That is websters definition of a garbage goal. I mean not only did it deflect off of stuarts stick but then howard was just a day late and a dollar short on what looked like a pretty average shot on goal, besides the deflection it was straight on and howard had all day to the point his head was turned looking at the back of the net before the puck made contact with his pads. Other than that howard put together a pretty decent run last night

From what I saw, it looked as though it deflected up off stuart's stick, then was popped down on kronwall's blade, which gives it that odd bounce down before 5 holing Howard.

Guest Crymson

Forget it. It's over! We've NEVER been able to win a series after going down 1-0.

Edited by Crymson

I dont think Z is strong enough to center his own line yet.

Wings need to get their forecheck on and hit some mother f***ers like they did in phoneix. thats how they won that series, they were very aggressive and finished all of their checks.

The Wings aggression level was all but non-existent. No mojo! If I was a nutritionist for the Wings, I would order all the players to take a Zinc supplement, and eat nothing but foods high in Zinc, like oysters, liver, seafood, poultry, and nuts. Get those testosterone levels back up QUICK!

Guest mjtm77

They just need to keep playing the way they are playing. Split up D and Z. Put Abby on the wing. A little less pushing the puck and a little more puck control. Wings positioning seemed a little behind. They were reaching a lot. The Wings were dictating the play much more than the Sharks but the Sharks were a much better reactionary team and that was the difference imo. They seemed more poised to capitalize on mistakes than us.

No offense to Hudler but I wouldn't mind seeing Modano out against the Sharks. If anything just to give them a different look than last playoffs.

huh?

huh?

We lack break out quickness. Modano is one of the faster guys on the team, get him out there along with Draper over Miller and Hudler and maybe we can produce more offense. Nothing against Miller or Hudler, but I think we need more speed out there.

Pucks need to get deep and we have to fore check the hell out of them. Start hammering their defense and wear them down physically. Get pucks on Niemi like they did with Howard Shoot low from out far hope for rebounds. On the rare PP bury the puck. Have the same penalty killing that ya had in game 1 it was outstanding.

Edited by matt198913