• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

I passed out during the second intermission the other night, so I have absolutely no idea how we lost or what the third period/OT was like. I have just read a few comments on this board since the loss and I am very confused. Wings have been playing some really good hockey that us fans have been greatly enjoying and after one loss, quite a few people already giving up on the team. Just makes me wonder wtf it was that I missed in one period and whatever OT it took.

I personally am not worried one bit, it's only one loss in the post season so far and I believe that we're taking today's game and heading back to Detroit with the series tied at 1.

If Howard plays like he did in game 1 and the wings team steps up the intensity I will not be worried. San Jose played about as well as they could and they still almost lost.

The wings played a great 1st period and then seemed to lose some intensity. It was weird, usually it's the opposite. I would fully expect a higher intensity game today, much more hitting, much more focus, much more offensive pressure.

5-2 wings today.

San Jose played like they typically do against us while we sat back and we still took them to OT. What gives me hope is remembering LA score a s***load against them - if our 2nd and 3rd line guys at least show up, there's no reason why we can't beat the sharks.

Playoff time really brings the trolls out. Did you create a LGW account just to complain in the GDT? Did you even watch the game on Friday? I can't imagine you did if you're willing to write them off at this point.

Well, obviously the team SUCKS if they can't win the cup by sweeping the entire playoffs. Duh! :hehe:

So psyched for this game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Wings are not doomed to utter failure because they lost game one of this series. In fact, I'm going to go way out on that limb and say that they have a better chance at winning this game than Rebecca Black has for a major record contract. I'll even go further out on that limb and say they have a better chance of winning the game than Donald Trump has for staying married to his current wife for 3 more years. I'm venturing out to a very tiny branch of said limb to say that the Wings have a better chance at winning this series than Don Cherry has the chance of being chosen as the Prime Minister of Canada (as the new leader of the NDP, predictably).

6-2 Wings.

It took you too long to set things up. San Jose had things up quicker than you. They dominated with their GDT. Sadly I don't see this GDT being able to top theirs, not today and definitely not if the series becomes 2-0 San Jose. God I hate the Sharks. I bet the refs help with their GDT threads. Their mod must work for Bettman. It's going to be a long game if this GDT doesn't get its act together. Maybe Matt can fire up our posters and we won't embarrass ourselves in front on the Shark posters.

I KNEW IT!!!!! :P

esteef

I am really surprised at how many Wings "fans" I have seen or talked to that think this series is already almost over. Even if they lose today it's not even close to being over. But, with that being said I think they will come out hard today and get the split. No predictions this game, it didn't work last time. I am also switching up my Franzen jersey for my classic Red Wings t-shirt.

Just win. :siren:

I am really surprised at how many Wings "fans" I have seen or talked to that think this series is already almost over. Even if they lose today it's not even close to being over. But, with that being said I think they will come out hard today and get the split. No predictions this game, it didn't work last time. I am also switching up my Franzen jersey for my classic Red Wings t-shirt.

Just win. :siren:

They say it's not a series until the home team loses.

Ahhh I can't wait for this game to start now. Ever since the final horn of game 1 I just wanted for the Wings to take down the Sharks big time whether they're getting help from the refs or not. If the Wings can tie the series up and head back to the Joe, it will be big! Here's to our top guns stepping up, also for the rest of the team to follow!

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Mule, Hudler, Helm)

Sharks 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

They say it's not a series until the home team loses.

Yea true but if we want to win the series we are going to have to take one at the tank obviously.

Also, I had a dream we won game 2 and I legitimately woke up thinking the series was tied and that I had watched the game already. Hopefully that's a good sign for the Wings and not just a bad sign that I need more hobbies.

It took you too long to set things up. San Jose had things up quicker than you. They dominated with their GDT. Sadly I don't see this GDT being able to top theirs, not today and definitely not if the series becomes 2-0 San Jose. God I hate the Sharks. I bet the refs help with their GDT threads. Their mod must work for Bettman. It's going to be a long game if this GDT doesn't get its act together. Maybe Matt can fire up our posters and we won't embarrass ourselves in front on the Shark posters.

:D:clap:

+1, that was hilarious.

Predicting specific outcomes is not my thing, and while I'm obviously pulling for the Sharks, I do favor the Wings chances in this game.

If the Sharks lose this game, the foundation for that loss will have been laid firmly in the first period. As such, I fully expect the Wings to exit the starting gate with sparks flying from their skates, doing everything humanly possible to turn the Sharks offense into a spastic, panicked, and disoriented defense - peppering Niemi, as early and often as possible, for an early score and maximum offensive momentum. That's my biggest dread, and if it reflects on the score board, the thing that will definitely take much of the crowd out of the game.

I'm not superstitious, so if it's any consolation to anyone, I'll be the Sharks fan that touches the octopus. :octo:

Guest Save The Octopus

Please, no OT today, unless absolutely necessary. I cannot take the stress.