• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

I usually hate the negative nancies who predict doom and gloom, but this game was all the Wings fault. Terrible passes. It seemed like everything was intercepted, or bounced over a stick, and every single time they ground their way into the Sharks zone, they took one shot, had it blocked, and then spent five more minutes in their zone.

I'm not going to lie, the Sharks have dominated and are scary the way they can seemingly be everywhere at once. Detroit simply had no room.

I never root against the Wings are expect them to lose, but San Jose thus far has been a better team. Detroit's only hope is to use last change to their advantage to tear apart Niemi at home. If they can even the series at home they might stand a chance at carrying momentum into the Shark tank.

At any rate, I don't see the Wings winning in less than 7. Sadly, if the Wings continue to lack intensity, miss out on lucky breaks, and just constantly have the worst possible things happen to them there's a danger they get swept.

At any rate, there are way too many factors that need to align in order for the Wings to win for me to be completely calm about this deficit.

What bugs me is that the Kings can give the Sharks so much trouble, but the Wings' offense, solid defense and Howard playing out of his mind is not enough to win at least one game on the road?

D and Z need to be split up. I want to see Datsyuk beast mode again and when he plays with Z he tends to be too cute trying to get the puck to him. Datsyuk finished the game with 2 shots!!! I remember last series in one game Datsyuk had 7 shots and he finished the game with 4 points that game, we need to see that Datsyuk more, and put Mule with him they were playing well together in the last series. Flip can go play for the Griffins, so to can Abby who started this whole mess by not keeping his stick on the ice.

:D

Well, we all know how important those little things are.

During the long break in between rounds, the Wings forgot to pay the DTE bill and the Switch that was turned on in the first round lost power. Mr. I better bring his account out of the rears and hope that it isn't the real DTE servicing his electricity because the power won't be back on in time to flip the switch in game 3...

Once again the final score is not what we saw on the ice. The red wings for the 2nd time were outplayed by the skarks. No way! The only line that can hurt the sharks is the first one. This is mainly due the fact that we don't have a good (that can make the difference) 2nd line center (Flip???? OMG).

Hope that if we lose this series, Holland will make some changes and stopping thinking that flip is a great player or that he needs time to step up. Sorry but this is unacceptable.

For next year: 2nd line center (Marleau, Kessler ...), get rid of: Flip, Miller, Draper (sorry), Ozzy Lids: new contract, but for far less than his actual salary, if not possible... bye bye

Sometimas if you wanna improve, you have to make changes.

To be honest guys, I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

I hate the refs, I hate the diving sharks ,but most importantly, I hate the way this wings team decides to take nights off. It's either the wings are 'off' or the sharks are just that much better. Either way, I am just tired of the NHL in general.

I'll see you all Wednesday.

I'm so f***in frustrated.

Other than being tired of the NHL in general, this is exactly how I feel. I can't even ***** about anything after this loss because the whole thing was a train wreck. They finally got a decently-reffed game in San Jose and responded by playing like the Oilers.

Once again the final score is not what we saw on the ice. The red wings for the 2nd time were outplayed by the skarks. No way! The only line that can hurt the sharks is the first one. This is mainly due the fact that we don't have a good (that can make the difference) 2nd line center (Flip???? OMG).

Hope that if we lose this series, Holland will make some changes and stopping thinking that flip is a great player or that he needs time to step up. Sorry but this is unacceptable.

For next year: 2nd line center (Marleau, Kessler ...), get rid of: Flip, Miller, Draper (sorry), Ozzy Lids: new contract, but for far less than his actual salary, if not possible... bye bye

The word "change" lost all meaning after Obama....

Worse.

He needs to be let go in the offseason. There are plenty of physical players out there who makes his money, actually fight, and also have no offensive upside of any kind.

In a physical series like this, he should be bringing it on San Jose's candy asses.

I'm done with this man.

You know who would have been awesome? Chris Neil. Man o man did I want him here and he would have provided EXACTLY what Abdelkader provides in grit plus 100x more. But, alas, golf isn't gonna play itself.

D and Z need to be split up. I want to see Datsyuk beast mode again and when he plays with Z he tends to be too cute trying to get the puck to him. Datsyuk finished the game with 2 shots!!! I remember last series in one game Datsyuk had 7 shots and he finished the game with 4 points that game, we need to see that Datsyuk more, and put Mule with him they were playing well together in the last series. Flip can go play for the Griffins, so to can Abby who started this whole mess by not keeping his stick on the ice.

While i agree with you, dont be such a drama queen. I don't think Abbey single handedly broke the very spirit of the Red Wings and extinguished the firing in their soul. Don't forget, the OT goal was scored after the penalty was over. If anything the frustration should have inspired them to play harder, but somehow it didnt today.

Hopefully the last 5 minutes of this game is an indication that the Wings are out for blood and will man the f*** up!

...yes, so we can be down 0-2 still. The way the Wings are playing 5-10 mins a game, it wouldn't matter who they played. The Florida Panthers would be up 2-0 to the Wings right now...

No, we'd beat Trashville.

They don't have San Jose's talent, and we'd begin the series at home.

It's May, so I can restart me quota.... You left out Hudler's piece o' s*** ass...

As usual, the Wings can't handle an extended break off...they can't shake off the rust. I guess that happens more when you have an older team.

No way. If we play too many games we are tired, if we play less... we are rusty. No excuses, skarks are actually better than the wings and they deserve the 2-0 leads.

I'm really disappointed in everyone not named Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Howard or Zetterberg. Okay Kronwall and Stuart too.

Where is Filppula? He was invisible against Phoenix and is nowhere to be found against San Jose. I've been a defender of him but now I'm just amazed by how much NOTHING he is doing.

Franzen is probably not 100%, but he's been lazing around the entire season and other than a glimpse here and there he hasn't been much in the playoffs. Where is the Mule, the guy who took the puck, deked the defense before running over their goaltender as he was scoring a goal? Remember that guy? I freakin LOVED that guy!

I'm not giving up on this series, but this team needs a jumpstart. Throw Modano in there, change up the lines, someone YELL at them, do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, because THIS, what they're doing right NOW, is NOT working.

2-0 is nothing. But the next game is a must win. Must. Win.

It's May, so I can restart me quota.... You left out Hudler's piece o' s*** ass...

AH sorry. Huds and flip: a little bit less of 6 M salary!!!! Are you kidding???

While i agree with you, dont be such a drama queen. I don't think Abbey single handedly broke the very spirit of the Red Wings and extinguished the firing in their soul. Don't forget, the OT goal was scored after the penalty was over. If anything the frustration should have inspired them to play harder, but somehow it didnt today.

Hopefully the last 5 minutes of this game is an indication that the Wings are out for blood and will man the f*** up!

I meant game 1 and Game 2, he took a high stick penalty in the first period and they scored on that PP. Wings never had a chance to get going and didn't seem to care at all.

I think it's my duty (with Mindfly gone), to mention that Howard's soft goal was the game winner tonight.

Carey Price stops that s*** every time. ;)

Don't make me laugh, Im trying to be pissed off here.

I think it's my duty (with Mindfly gone), to mention that Howard's soft goal was the game winner tonight.

Carey Price stops that s*** every time. ;)

Yah what happened there? Idk if it was a soft goal. How exactly did the puck fly into the air and get behind Howie's shoulder? I genuinely don't know if you could paint me a picture, please

I'm really disappointed in everyone not named Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Howard or Zetterberg. Okay Kronwall and Stuart too.

Where is Filppula? He was invisible against Phoenix and is nowhere to be found against San Jose. I've been a defender of him but now I'm just amazed by how much NOTHING he is doing.

Franzen is probably not 100%, but he's been lazing around the entire season and other than a glimpse here and there he hasn't been much in the playoffs. Where is the Mule, the guy who took the puck, deked the defense before running over their goaltender as he was scoring a goal? Remember that guy? I freakin LOVED that guy!

I'm not giving up on this series, but this team needs a jumpstart. Throw Modano in there, change up the lines, someone YELL at them, do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, because THIS, what they're doing right NOW, is NOT working.

2-0 is nothing. But the next game is a must win. Must. Win.

I agree with the latter half of that statement but not the start of it. He was one of the best players in the pheonix series