• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

QUICK! Get Darren McCarty back on the roaster :siren:

I am not calling out Bertuzzi what-so-ever, I have no issues with him, I was simply referencing the possibility of kizmit. In regards to McCarty, I thought it was a joke to bring him back in 2008. He had ZERO bearing on the team winning the Cup...

I am not calling out Bertuzzi what-so-ever, I have no issues with him, I was simply referencing the possibility of kizmit. In regards to McCarty, I thought it was a joke to bring him back in 2008. He had ZERO bearing on the team winning the Cup...

I wouldn't say he had zero impact, he contributed a few points along with physical play and good veteran leadership.

I hope the Wings can get their heads out of their asses. and wake up... enough with saying bring in Drapes that's absurd,,,.... Time to let go of the past. This team needs a serious wake up call....

One more thing....Howard is not to blame for this... he's playing his heart out.

We will lose this series 4-1, just like last year. Except this year we will win game 3 and lose 4. I expect that some change is made this off season. I have never seen the Wings so outmatched against any team. The Sharks are a terrible match up for the Wings.

I'll add this, because I really believe it at this point. Because both games were so close DESPITE the Wings slower performance, had the Wings been physically at 100% (no rust) I strongly believe they would have easily taken (not just stolen by an equal margin, but solidly earned by a wide margin) both games, and would be up 2-0 in this series.

They only had basically a day and a half to rest before Game 2. They get three days rest now, with a home game coming up, and a Wings team that GUARANTEED takes absolutely nothing for granted at this point. I fully expect to see a different Wings team on the ice.

So you are saying in game 1 the wings are too well-rested which makes them a bit rusty in game 1. and now for game 2 we don't have enouf rest???????? This is just non-sense, and stop making excuses. Let's face it, we were clearly outplayed in game 1 (just look at the SOG difference). Howard kept us in the game. Game 2 seems pretty even if you only look at the stat, but to me, the sharks look way more dangerous when they are attacking in our zone and much more solid on defense. Again, howard kept us in the game. I do hope coming back home will give the wings a boost and elevate their play. But, I think the age factor is showing in this series. We do have an disadvantage when we face teams that are younger and more physical (Helm and abdelkader cannot do it all by themselves). The only way we can beat the sharks is to stick with what we can do best...quick and perfect puck movement. and this is not easy to do because the sharks are also quick in pressuring our guys and forcing us to make mistakes. but yes, i hope the wings will elevate their play in the upcoming games.

I really hope we can win on home ice. Something has to change though, so little intensity with our offense. Howard has been as good as we could ask for.

I don't think we have deserved either game. I hate to say it but I'm beginning to think the Sharks are just a better team than us at this stage. I know the margin has been close but the Sharks seem to be playing at such a higher pace than the wings. I feel like I'm watching a 60 minute penalty kill at times. I'm not usually so negative on this team but it's what I'm seeing out there right now..am I wrong? I hope so.

You guaranteed... Peddler of false hope is what you are.

:crybaby:

Obama?

"Konnan" is worse.

It's true, I am far worse. But this time I actually mean it :D

With Draper and Modano in the line-up and Hudler and Miller out, we will have more speed. Why the Draper - Helm - Eaves line was ever disassembled is beyond me.

I really hope we can win on home ice. Something has to change though, so little intensity with our offense. Howard has been as good as we could ask for.

I don't think we have deserved either game. I hate to say it but I'm beginning to think the Sharks are just a better team than us at this stage. I know the margin has been close but the Sharks seem to be playing at such a higher pace than the wings. I feel like I'm watching a 60 minute penalty kill at times. I'm not usually so negative on this team but it's what I'm seeing out there right now..am I wrong? I hope so.

I agree with you about the 60-minute penalty kill. It's the reality. But I still believe we have what it takes to beat SJ. Hope the wings will elevate their play to another level.

It's true, I am far worse. But this time I actually mean it :D

With Draper and Modano in the line-up and Hudler and Miller out, we will have more speed. Why the Draper - Helm - Eaves line was ever disassembled is beyond me.

I doubt you're even from America. :ph34r:

I agree with you about the 60-minute penalty kill. It's the reality. But I still believe we have what it takes to beat SJ. Hope the wings will elevate their play to another level.

What level are you talking about? Does anyone else but me see the huge amount of struggle the Wings are going through against the Sharks. We CAN NOT MATCH UP AGAINST THE SHARKS. This series is a rinse and repeat of last year.

[/b]

What level are you talking about? Does anyone else but me see the huge amount of struggle the Wings are going through against the Sharks. We CAN NOT MATCH UP AGAINST THE SHARKS. This series is a rinse and repeat of last year.

This is my worry. We have obviously seen this team play much better than they are right now, but say what you will about the reffing, we have been soundly outplayed in the last 2 series with SJS

:thumbup: Seems like all the fans are on board, now hopefully Mike loads up his laptop and listens to us :ph34r:

o.O hahaha, dude you're way over analyzing what I said. It was a "break the curse" reference :P

I would feel fairly confident about the Wings playing any other team in the playoffs, but the Sharks provide a huge problem for us. It doesn't help that their ******* head coach knows a majority of our players and our system like the back of his hand. Think about what he tells his team at practice and in the locker room. I think this is the end of the road here, because I thought the Wings tried hard and played a damn good game, they are just outmatched and out coached (because TMAC knows all of Babcock's secrets).

Didn't see the game, but it's not over yet. I have confidence that they can take both games at home. Teams come back after being down 2-0 all the time. If they lose one at home, then it's over. Gotta keep the faith until then...