• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#61 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

It took you too long to set things up. San Jose had things up quicker than you. They dominated with their GDT. Sadly I don't see this GDT being able to top theirs, not today and definitely not if the series becomes 2-0 San Jose. God I hate the Sharks. I bet the refs help with their GDT threads. Their mod must work for Bettman. It's going to be a long game if this GDT doesn't get its act together. Maybe Matt can fire up our posters and we won't embarrass ourselves in front on the Shark posters.

I KNEW IT!!!!! :P

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#62 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

Here's hoping Wings get 10 PP today to Sharks 1 :)

#63 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

4-2 Wings.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#64 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

I am really surprised at how many Wings "fans" I have seen or talked to that think this series is already almost over. Even if they lose today it's not even close to being over. But, with that being said I think they will come out hard today and get the split. No predictions this game, it didn't work last time. I am also switching up my Franzen jersey for my classic Red Wings t-shirt.

Just win. :siren:

#65 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

I am really surprised at how many Wings "fans" I have seen or talked to that think this series is already almost over. Even if they lose today it's not even close to being over. But, with that being said I think they will come out hard today and get the split. No predictions this game, it didn't work last time. I am also switching up my Franzen jersey for my classic Red Wings t-shirt.

Just win. :siren:

They say it's not a series until the home team loses.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#66 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Ahhh I can't wait for this game to start now. Ever since the final horn of game 1 I just wanted for the Wings to take down the Sharks big time whether they're getting help from the refs or not. If the Wings can tie the series up and head back to the Joe, it will be big! Here's to our top guns stepping up, also for the rest of the team to follow!

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Mule, Hudler, Helm)
Sharks 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

#67 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

So pumped! I missed game one so I haven't seen Wings playing live for long time.

Let's go Red Wings!!! :clap:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#68 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

They say it's not a series until the home team loses.

Yea true but if we want to win the series we are going to have to take one at the tank obviously.

Also, I had a dream we won game 2 and I legitimately woke up thinking the series was tied and that I had watched the game already. Hopefully that's a good sign for the Wings and not just a bad sign that I need more hobbies.

#69 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

It took you too long to set things up. San Jose had things up quicker than you. They dominated with their GDT. Sadly I don't see this GDT being able to top theirs, not today and definitely not if the series becomes 2-0 San Jose. God I hate the Sharks. I bet the refs help with their GDT threads. Their mod must work for Bettman. It's going to be a long game if this GDT doesn't get its act together. Maybe Matt can fire up our posters and we won't embarrass ourselves in front on the Shark posters.

:D :clap:

+1, that was hilarious.

Predicting specific outcomes is not my thing, and while I'm obviously pulling for the Sharks, I do favor the Wings chances in this game.

If the Sharks lose this game, the foundation for that loss will have been laid firmly in the first period. As such, I fully expect the Wings to exit the starting gate with sparks flying from their skates, doing everything humanly possible to turn the Sharks offense into a spastic, panicked, and disoriented defense - peppering Niemi, as early and often as possible, for an early score and maximum offensive momentum. That's my biggest dread, and if it reflects on the score board, the thing that will definitely take much of the crowd out of the game.

I'm not superstitious, so if it's any consolation to anyone, I'll be the Sharks fan that touches the octopus. :octo:

#70 Save The Octopus

Save The Octopus

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

Please, no OT today, unless absolutely necessary. I cannot take the stress.

#71 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

I'm not superstitious, so if it's any consolation to anyone, I'll be the Sharks fan that touches the octopus. :octo:

Please do :D
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#72 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Do I wear the Dats Jersey or Z Jersey? Decisions Decisions. I'll go Z.

Edited by Jericho613, 01 May 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#73 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Do I wear the Dats Jersey or Z Jersey

Go with Z
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#74 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Go with Z

Yeah good call

#75 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Please, no OT today, unless absolutely necessary. I cannot take the stress.

They will probably lose in regulation or if it does go to OT they should just forfeit the game as we all know what the result will be.

#76 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Wings had a near perfect game one and everyone is freaking out. We weathered the storm of a long lay off and almost pulled off a win on the road. Who cares if we got dominated on the stat sheet? Truth is, we brought the Sharks to OT in their home arena while playing short handed the entire second, third, and OT. We just need to steal one of the next two in San Jose and we have the series won because I don't see San Jose winning in Detroit. I mean, look at all the line matching Babcock had to try and do FFS.

Go Wings and F off haters, go be a Vancouver fan if youre going to be a fair-weather ****** :)

I thought they played a good game too, but after reading all the negative ninny/nancy posts I figured what the hell do I know?! :huh: And I thought I relied on them too much to give me a life! :hehe:

I firmly believe they will not only play well (again) today, but they will win. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#78 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

Cue the May 1st Sharks hibernation comic...
  • Nev likes this

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

I wonder how many times I'll have to mute the tv today.

#80 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

Looks like Dave Strader calling the Wings game today on NBC...

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image