• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

Hilarious. Excellent use of parody. For a minute I actually thought you really believed it and felt this way.

Whatever. If you're a Sharks fan stay on your own board. There's no point for you to come over here.

Edit: You should be more worried about getting past the Conference Finals for once.

Edited by Barrie

Need to sign motivated players. Players like Dallas Drake.

Howie needs to put on some lighter pads and play offense, he's one of the few on the ice who not only has a lot of passion, but also has the maturity of a veteran (Lidstrom veteran maturity, not Homer)

Franzen had a point in ever game last postseason.

But hey, I guess if the entire team is struggling to produce offense we have to go after an injured Franzen.

DAMN YOU LGW LOGIC!

people should be going after shane doan for the hit on franzen

someone earlier reminded us about Vancouver in 2002 when the Wings were down 0-2. Thats true, and it could happen again, but there are a few things that are different:

1. Steve Yzerman

2. Brenden Shanahan

3. Sergei Fedorov

4. Brett Hull

5. Luc Robitaille

6. Dominic Hasek

7. Igor Larinov

8. a 31 year old Nick Lidstrom

One need not look no further than this year's playoffs: the Bruins lost the first two games of their series, at home no less, and won that series.

To further optimize the optimism, if the Wings hold serve at home and win two straight, they have all the momentum and the pressure shifts on San Jose.

someone earlier reminded us about Vancouver in 2002 when the Wings were down 0-2. Thats true, and it could happen again, but there are a few things that are different:

1. Steve Yzerman

2. Brenden Shanahan

3. Sergei Fedorov

4. Brett Hull

5. Luc Robitaille

6. Dominic Hasek

7. Igor Larinov

8. a 31 year old Nick Lidstrom

Some food for thought:

1. Nicklas Lidstrom

2. Henrik Zetterberg

3. Pavel Datsyuk

6. Jimmy Howard playing like he's Dominik Hasek at times.

8. A 41 year old Nick Lidstrom that played like he was 31 in the regular season

Fill those three holes with Franzen playing like he did last series, Filp looking like a hockey player and not a figure skater, and maybe a combination of our defense playing a little better and the only difference I see is the opponent.

Now, that being said, those are some big gaps that we need to fix, along with a hungrier drive, but if we win game 3, we're suddenly only down by one game. I seem to remember last year that same exact situation happening and game 3 went into overtime (we gave up that lead, but I digress). Remember what happened there? Jason ******* Williams. That's the good news this year.

Chins up LGW faithful. We can't win them all. That goes for Cups as well. I don't believe from what I saw today and Friday that this is a Cup caliber team, but Jimmy Howard is playing like a Cup caliber goalie. We get out s*** together in front of him and get more quality shots at Niemi and this series could be different in a couple of days.

One need not look no further than this year's playoffs: the Bruins lost the first two games of their series, at home no less, and won that series.

To further optimize the optimism, if the Wings hold serve at home and win two straight, they have all the momentum and the pressure shifts on San Jose.

While that may give some fans hope; The fact that they haven't been playing very well diminishes that hope.

people should be going after shane doan for the hit on franzen

That was an unfortunate injury. It was an awkward play, not a dirty one.

Edited by Zonly1

I don't believe from what I saw today and Friday that this is a Cup caliber team, but Jimmy Howard is playing like a Cup caliber goalie.

I'm optimistic about the team and I think they can come back, but i would like to say one thing about this comment:

Robert Luongo

While that may give some fans hope; The fact that they haven't been playing very well diminishes that hope.

That was an unfortunate injury. It was an awkward play, not a dirty one.

And yet I still come back at you with this: Although outplayed in both games, the Red Wings were in each of them until the very end and very easily could have won both. How different would this forum look had the Wings both games in San Jose, all the while playing the same uncharacteristic style of play?

And yet I still come back at you with this: Although outplayed in both games, the Red Wings were in each of them until the very end and very easily could have won both. How different would this forum look had the Wings both games in San Jose, all the while playing the same uncharacteristic style of play?

You have a point. BUT..... If it were not for Howard, the game would have been 4-1 or 5-1. Just sayin..... The offense and defense were not there, goaltending was.

This.

I'll add this, because I really believe it at this point. Because both games were so close DESPITE the Wings slower performance, had the Wings been physically at 100% (no rust) I strongly believe they would have easily taken (not just stolen by an equal margin, but solidly earned by a wide margin) both games, and would be up 2-0 in this series.

They only had basically a day and a half to rest before Game 2. They get three days rest now, with a home game coming up, and a Wings team that GUARANTEED takes absolutely nothing for granted at this point. I fully expect to see a different Wings team on the ice.

As I stated earlier this week, the keys for the Sharks:

-D before O

-control (the best you can) the neutral zone

The Kings played SJ much more physical. Bigger bodies than Detroit.

SJ won their three games in LA. They play well on the road.

This series is FAR from over. The Sharks need to continue with D before O, make a presence in the neutral zone and get solid effort from Nemo. We need to steal one in Detroit.

Some food for thought:

1. Nicklas Lidstrom

2. Henrik Zetterberg

3. Pavel Datsyuk

6. Jimmy Howard playing like he's Dominik Hasek at times.

8. A 41 year old Nick Lidstrom that played like he was 31 in the regular season

Fill those three holes with Franzen playing like he did last series, Filp looking like a hockey player and not a figure skater, and maybe a combination of our defense playing a little better and the only difference I see is the opponent.

Now, that being said, those are some big gaps that we need to fix, along with a hungrier drive, but if we win game 3, we're suddenly only down by one game. I seem to remember last year that same exact situation happening and game 3 went into overtime (we gave up that lead, but I digress). Remember what happened there? Jason ******* Williams. That's the good news this year.

Chins up LGW faithful. We can't win them all. That goes for Cups as well. I don't believe from what I saw today and Friday that this is a Cup caliber team, but Jimmy Howard is playing like a Cup caliber goalie. We get out s*** together in front of him and get more quality shots at Niemi and this series could be different in a couple of days.

You mentioned Lidstrom twice. And sorry, but Lidstom is not the Lidstrom of ten years ago.

Maybe there IS a Steve Moore curse... :ninja:

The two years we didn't have Bertuzzi? Stanley Cup and a goal post away from possibly two in a row...

Three years we've had him? Out, out and the rest is still unwritten...

QUICK! Get Darren McCarty back on the roaster :siren: