• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#981 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

Once again the final score is not what we saw on the ice. The red wings for the 2nd time were outplayed by the skarks. No way! The only line that can hurt the sharks is the first one. This is mainly due the fact that we don't have a good (that can make the difference) 2nd line center (Flip???? OMG).

Hope that if we lose this series, Holland will make some changes and stopping thinking that flip is a great player or that he needs time to step up. Sorry but this is unacceptable.

For next year: 2nd line center (Marleau, Kessler ...), get rid of: Flip, Miller, Draper (sorry), Ozzy Lids: new contract, but for far less than his actual salary, if not possible... bye bye

Sometimas if you wanna improve, you have to make changes.

The word "change" lost all meaning after Obama....

#982 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

I don't see them winning 4 out of the next 5 games.

#983 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

If only Chicago won...

...yes, so we can be down 0-2 still. The way the Wings are playing 5-10 mins a game, it wouldn't matter who they played. The Florida Panthers would be up 2-0 to the Wings right now...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#984 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Worse.

He needs to be let go in the offseason. There are plenty of physical players out there who makes his money, actually fight, and also have no offensive upside of any kind.

In a physical series like this, he should be bringing it on San Jose's candy asses.

I'm done with this man.

You know who would have been awesome? Chris Neil. Man o man did I want him here and he would have provided EXACTLY what Abdelkader provides in grit plus 100x more. But, alas, golf isn't gonna play itself.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#985 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

D and Z need to be split up. I want to see Datsyuk beast mode again and when he plays with Z he tends to be too cute trying to get the puck to him. Datsyuk finished the game with 2 shots!!! I remember last series in one game Datsyuk had 7 shots and he finished the game with 4 points that game, we need to see that Datsyuk more, and put Mule with him they were playing well together in the last series. Flip can go play for the Griffins, so to can Abby who started this whole mess by not keeping his stick on the ice.

While i agree with you, dont be such a drama queen. I don't think Abbey single handedly broke the very spirit of the Red Wings and extinguished the firing in their soul. Don't forget, the OT goal was scored after the penalty was over. If anything the frustration should have inspired them to play harder, but somehow it didnt today.
Hopefully the last 5 minutes of this game is an indication that the Wings are out for blood and will man the f*** up!

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#986 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

...yes, so we can be down 0-2 still. The way the Wings are playing 5-10 mins a game, it wouldn't matter who they played. The Florida Panthers would be up 2-0 to the Wings right now...

No, we'd beat Trashville.

They don't have San Jose's talent, and we'd begin the series at home.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#987 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

Once again the final score is not what we saw on the ice. The red wings for the 2nd time were outplayed by the skarks. No way! The only line that can hurt the sharks is the first one. This is mainly due the fact that we don't have a good (that can make the difference) 2nd line center (Flip???? OMG).

Hope that if we lose this series, Holland will make some changes and stopping thinking that flip is a great player or that he needs time to step up. Sorry but this is unacceptable.

For next year: 2nd line center (Marleau, Kessler ...), get rid of: Flip, Miller, Draper (sorry), Ozzy Lids: new contract, but for far less than his actual salary, if not possible... bye bye

Sometimas if you wanna improve, you have to make changes.

It's May, so I can restart me quota.... You left out Hudler's piece o' s*** ass...

www.thinkdunes.com

#988 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

As usual, the Wings can't handle an extended break off...they can't shake off the rust. I guess that happens more when you have an older team.

No way. If we play too many games we are tired, if we play less... we are rusty. No excuses, skarks are actually better than the wings and they deserve the 2-0 leads.

#989 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

I'm really disappointed in everyone not named Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Howard or Zetterberg. Okay Kronwall and Stuart too.

Where is Filppula? He was invisible against Phoenix and is nowhere to be found against San Jose. I've been a defender of him but now I'm just amazed by how much NOTHING he is doing.

Franzen is probably not 100%, but he's been lazing around the entire season and other than a glimpse here and there he hasn't been much in the playoffs. Where is the Mule, the guy who took the puck, deked the defense before running over their goaltender as he was scoring a goal? Remember that guy? I freakin LOVED that guy!

I'm not giving up on this series, but this team needs a jumpstart. Throw Modano in there, change up the lines, someone YELL at them, do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, because THIS, what they're doing right NOW, is NOT working.

2-0 is nothing. But the next game is a must win. Must. Win.

#990 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

The word "change" lost all meaning after Obama....

...not unless Change means a Naturalized U.S. citizen can occupy the White House... I'm just saying...that would be change...

www.thinkdunes.com

#991 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

It's May, so I can restart me quota.... You left out Hudler's piece o' s*** ass...

AH sorry. Huds and flip: a little bit less of 6 M salary!!!! Are you kidding???

#992 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

I think it's my duty (with Mindfly gone), to mention that Howard's soft goal was the game winner tonight.

Carey Price stops that s*** every time. ;)
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#993 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Damn ... where are the goals that came in bunches in round 1? Okay, Boston fought back from 0-2 ... they did it losing 2 at home so we can still do this. Flip the switch boys.

#994 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Is Brad May still an option? Cause he's like Abbey, but yah know...does his job. They both don't score, but at least May could take a guy out of the game and start some fights

#995 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

While i agree with you, dont be such a drama queen. I don't think Abbey single handedly broke the very spirit of the Red Wings and extinguished the firing in their soul. Don't forget, the OT goal was scored after the penalty was over. If anything the frustration should have inspired them to play harder, but somehow it didnt today.
Hopefully the last 5 minutes of this game is an indication that the Wings are out for blood and will man the f*** up!

I meant game 1 and Game 2, he took a high stick penalty in the first period and they scored on that PP. Wings never had a chance to get going and didn't seem to care at all.

#996 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

I think it's my duty (with Mindfly gone), to mention that Howard's soft goal was the game winner tonight.

Don't make me laugh, Im trying to be pissed off here.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#997 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Uh-huh. I've defended Hudler in the past, but frankly, I pretty much forgot he existed in these last two games.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#998 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

AH sorry. Huds and flip: a little bit less of 6 M salary!!!! Are you kidding???

I guess some folks will always argue their potential, but no way is salary being earned...

www.thinkdunes.com

#999 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

Yah what happened there? Idk if it was a soft goal. How exactly did the puck fly into the air and get behind Howie's shoulder? I genuinely don't know if you could paint me a picture, please

#1000 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'm really disappointed in everyone not named Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Howard or Zetterberg. Okay Kronwall and Stuart too.

Where is Filppula? He was invisible against Phoenix and is nowhere to be found against San Jose. I've been a defender of him but now I'm just amazed by how much NOTHING he is doing.

Franzen is probably not 100%, but he's been lazing around the entire season and other than a glimpse here and there he hasn't been much in the playoffs. Where is the Mule, the guy who took the puck, deked the defense before running over their goaltender as he was scoring a goal? Remember that guy? I freakin LOVED that guy!

I'm not giving up on this series, but this team needs a jumpstart. Throw Modano in there, change up the lines, someone YELL at them, do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, because THIS, what they're doing right NOW, is NOT working.

2-0 is nothing. But the next game is a must win. Must. Win.

I agree with the latter half of that statement but not the start of it. He was one of the best players in the pheonix series