• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#1121 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

Believing in this team has become the real "dorky" thing to do... aww shucks.

Posted Image

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#1122 FabHckyBbe

FabHckyBbe

The Fabulous Hockey Babe

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Once again the final score is not what we saw on the ice. The red wings for the 2nd time were outplayed by the skarks. No way! The only line that can hurt the sharks is the first one. This is mainly due the fact that we don't have a good (that can make the difference) 2nd line center (Flip???? OMG).

Hope that if we lose this series, Holland will make some changes and stopping thinking that flip is a great player or that he needs time to step up. Sorry but this is unacceptable.

For next year: 2nd line center (Marleau, Kessler ...), get rid of: Flip, Miller, Draper (sorry), Ozzy Lids: new contract, but for far less than his actual salary, if not possible... bye bye

Sometimas if you wanna improve, you have to make changes.

When you stated that you need a second line center (Marleau, Kessler) -- did you mean players of that ilk, or were you thinking of somehow acquiring one or more of those actual players? Because I gotta tell you to scratch Marleau off your wish list -- GM Doug Wilson is so in love with Patty Marleau that he will never ever trade him away or fail to sign him to contract extensions once they expre. Further, Patty loves the area and and has taken a hometown discount to stay on more than one occasion. And the real kicker is that Patty's wife wears the pants in the family (she doesn't even allow him to order what he wants at the local Peets Coffee), and is a local girl from SJ and will never allow him to leave the area. For better or worse, Patty Marleau will be the first SJ player to play his entire career in San Jose and get his number retired by us.
Sharks Chicks Rule!
~The Babe

~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~

The FeederForums on LGS

#1123 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,844 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

When you stated that you need a second line center (Marleau, Kessler) -- did you mean players of that ilk, or were you thinking of somehow acquiring one or more of those actual players? Because I gotta tell you to scratch Marleau off your wish list -- GM Doug Wilson is so in love with Patty Marleau that he will never ever trade him away or fail to sign him to contract extensions once they expre. Further, Patty loves the area and and has taken a hometown discount to stay on more than one occasion. And the real kicker is that Patty's wife wears the pants in the family (she doesn't even allow him to order what he wants at the local Peets Coffee), and is a local girl from SJ and will never allow him to leave the area. For better or worse, Patty Marleau will be the first SJ player to play his entire career in San Jose and get his number retired by us.

Not to mention, Marleau has often been invisible in the playoffs.

I've hardly seen him in this series.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1124 FabHckyBbe

FabHckyBbe

The Fabulous Hockey Babe

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

Not to mention, Marleau has often been invisible in the playoffs.

I've hardly seen him in this series.

Yes, I know. It's been a bone of contention over at LGS. We're hoping he pulls his head out, soon, but he can go hot/cold in the playoffs. Kind of a streaky guy. We'll see which Patty shows up for game 3, I guess.
Sharks Chicks Rule!
~The Babe

~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~

The FeederForums on LGS

#1125 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Win the next one.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#1126 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

Tough decisions because the expectations are to win a cup. I would be open to trades, and trying to get a big Free Agent signing. We need some newf****** blood on this team. Not some of this Modano bulls***.

Pascal Dupuis and Maxime Talbot are both UFA's in the off season, and they are both better than Hudler/Filppula. ...just sayin...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#1127 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

This team needs more fan support. I find your lack of faith disturbing, LGW.

I'll eat my crow if we go down 3-0, but I think what a lot of people fail to see is that one good game on Wednesday and we're suddenly only down 2-1.

We win again in game 4 and it's best of 3. Do I think we can win? Of course. If we play like we care, then we're even more dangerous than the almighty Sharks seem to look to everyone. I know it's hard to believe after we played like we did in games 1 and 2, but hell, if any team in the NHL can overcome a 2-0 deficit, it's the Red Wings.

Easy Vader... I hope beyond all hope that they win both games here.

Edited by LeftWinger, 02 May 2011 - 03:43 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#1128 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

The Sharks are a better team than we are. There's no shame in saying that. We should have won at least one of those games in SJ, but we didn't, so we move on to the games in Detroit and win those there.

Assigning blame after the fact makes no sense. The team wins or the team loses. The team lost. Get over it and move on to Game 3.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor