• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian Red Wing

IIHF WC 2011

Rate this topic

Might be a bad search, but I was not able to find a thread about the WC 2011.

Just felt I -had- to make a thread as NORWAY beat big brother SWEDEN 5-4 SO last night :)

Sweden with 9 NHL-players in the team - Norway with zero (as Zuccarello (NYR) was injured and Holos (COL) didnt make the game in time to play). And KHL-champion Patrick Thoresen said no thanks to play the WC for Norway this year.

But hey, who cares. NORWAY BEAT SWEDEN - In HOCKEY!

Huuuge! The players celebrated like they won the whole WC. Couldnt fint a video with english speak, but here are some highlights with finnish commentators:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCvHPjwwPfI&feature=player_embedded

Edit: Who do you guys think will win it this year? My bet is Canada.

Edited by Norwegian Red Wing

What did Sweden's team look like?

Well, good enough to beat Norway with several goals if they had just kept played hockey ;)

Players like Loui Eriksson (Dallas), Backlund (Calgary), Ekman Larsson (Phoenix), Tedenby (NJ), Berglund (St.Louis), Pajaarvi (Edmonton)

Here is Team Sweden: LINK

Stats from the game can be seen HERE

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

.mathias olimb plays for rockford ice hogs which is blackhawks ahl affiliate..i hope to see him in the NHL someday.

he is the current team leader in points in my NHL Be a GM mode in NHL 11 :lol::hehe:

Well.. a very average Team Canada and a VERY average Team USA both eliminated.. no Red Wings to watch on Sweden or Russia.. they might as well call off the rest of the tournament now.. :ph34r:

By the way, I cant think of any off the top of my head, aside from Miller who I believe is injured, but were Conks and Montoya really the best US goalies available?.. Not that Canada was that much stronger with Reimer/Bernier..

Huge congratulations to Finland for demolishing the Swedes in the final.

6-1. Hell yeah. Torilla tavataan!

Thank you!

:siren: :siren: :siren:

I'm a bit drunk right now, I did believe we had a good chance to win but after so many finals losses... I didn't dare start celebrating until 4-1.

Suomi Finland Perkele!

Edited by Cevari

Haha I'm so happy for all you Finns right now. I'm super pumped, so I imagine you all are super super super pumped :lol:

And I'm with you Cevari. Pesonen's goal (which was awesome) made me relax, but I didn't "feel" like it was over until Pyörälä scored.

Ihanaa Leijonat, Ihanaa!

Edited by SeeinRed