• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Abdelkader

Rate this topic

This guy has gotten mixed reviews from day 1. Some love him, others hate. Personally, I've never been a fan. Sure, he knocks a guy down once in a while, something that (sadly) is a rarity for this team, but he's also a turn over machine and contributes very little to offense. He also can't seem to win ANY puck battles for the life of him. Yet, people will continue to defend him here cause he's the sole source of any "grit" this team has. Anyway, considering he's simply been god awful this series, what do you think? Sit for playoffs? Cut him in the off-season?

As I said in the GDT, we need to get rid of this guy.

He doesn't do anything that can't be replaced by guys that do it much better. He should be trying to hit everything with a Sharks jersey out there. Instead, the only physicality he's shown involves high sticking people.

Knee jerk much?

Yeah, hes taken a couple high sticks...

But the one last game should NOT have been a double. That was a display of dastardly ******* ***** ass bulls*** unsportsmanship conduct on that piece of s*** Wallin. Watch the replay. That ******* piece of s*** chomps down on his own lip several times until he draws his own blood, then runs to the ref, who of course calls a double minor on it. ******* disgraceful...

If Helm had a couple unproductive games in which he drew a couple penalites, you guys would be calling for him to be booted from the team too. Get a grip, eh?

Abdelkader has taken some stupid penalties, but I'm more concerned with our "second line" center or the guy that has supposed to fill that role for five years now and still hasn't. Filppula is useless offensively and the reason Datsyuk and Zetterberg almost have to be split up again.

No worries though. Fil will hit his potential next season according to his fan club and the Cubs will win the World Series.

Abdelkader has taken some stupid penalties, but I'm more concerned with our "second line" center or the guy that has supposed to fill that role for five years now and still hasn't. Filppula is useless offensively and the reason Datsyuk and Zetterberg almost have to be split up again.

No worries though. Fil will hit his potential next season according to his fan club and the Cubs will win the World Series.

Yeah sometimes I even forget he is on the ice :(

I'm more concerned with our "second line" center or the guy that has supposed to fill that role for five years now and still hasn't. Filppula is useless offensively and the reason Datsyuk and Zetterberg almost have to be split up again

THIS is a good ******* point people should be worried about too. But for some reason Fil is beloved and all his f*** ups and bad play must be blamed on someone else. s***, even ridiculously overpaid per 2 year old contract Hudler consistently impresses me a ******* HELL of a lot more that the (for whatever ******* reason) beloved Fillpula.

Edit:

(actually, that not fair, Hudler has picked it up the second half of the season, I still think he is overpaid though)

Edited by sleepwalker

The Abdelkader hate is mind-boggling. The guy took a couple of bad penalties, move on. He's done nothing else egregious. No one really got anything going today. The thing that scares me more is that Helm has been subdued of late.

Abdelkader is young, has been clutch (09 finals anyone?), and is willing to scrap.

The more time he gets in the NHL, the better he can be for the team. Perhaps we should get a veteran grit depth player to give him some perspective? No I don't believe having May on the team half the season was enough to work him. I would rather have a contributor to more than just fighting.

So because the second line cannot score, the BFF line cannot score, and the third line cannot score (with or without Abby), Abby is the scapegoat? He has taken some bad penalties, but I don't see how he hurt us today (his penalty did in OT, but Z got a similar penalty today and won't be criticized).

Uh, Fil is tied with Homer for second most points on the team in the playoffs, bro.

You might want to pick on someone that's actually sucking, like Franzen or Abdelkader (who's -3).

Some people... :rolleyes:

As I said in the GDT, we need to get rid of this guy.

He doesn't do anything that can't be replaced by guys that do it much better. He should be trying to hit everything with a Sharks jersey out there. Instead, the only physicality he's shown involves high sticking people.

I agree 100%.

I haven't done the forum thing before during the playoffs, but seriously...

Is this the normal idiocy that goes on? Like if another player was in the same boat it'd be:

"Oh, Datsyuk took a couple penalties and hasn't scored yet this round! GrrRRRRRr!!!! He totally f***in sucks!!ONE1!!! Kick him off the team IMMEDIATELY!!! Hes a BUM!!!1!!11"

Ridiculous.

Like I said before, get a grip guys...

I guess someones always gotta be the scapegoat though....such is life.

Guest Crymson

This guy has gotten mixed reviews from day 1. Some love him, others hate. Personally, I've never been a fan. Sure, he knocks a guy down once in a while, something that (sadly) is a rarity for this team, but he's also a turn over machine and contributes very little to offense. He also can't seem to win ANY puck battles for the life of him. Yet, people will continue to defend him here cause he's the sole source of any "grit" this team has. Anyway, considering he's simply been god awful this series, what do you think? Sit for playoffs? Cut him in the off-season?

My response will be to laugh at you for your all-too-typical knee-jerk response to his play over the last whopping two games. How many times have we seen this from you? Your reaction to Holland's decisions at the 2008 trade deadline comes to mind.

Edited by Crymson

The penalties he's taken have nothing to do with my reservations about him. I mean, he was great against Nashville a while ago, because of two things - a combination of good physical forechecking and offensive production, ie, 2 goals. It's easy to look great with 2 goals to your name.

I wish Abs was used as a bonafide fourth-liner. I want him to attempt to emulate Dallas Drake '08. I know that might be difficult, but I think he could do it.

I actually think Babcock has too great a manlove for him at this moment in time. He is really lacking in offensive skill, and I think Babs puts him in positions that are elevated to his ability. He's been playing him center half the time and presumably he's expected to put up some decent offense (Surely center on 2nd or 3rd lines with the Wings would mean as much?) But he's looked far better as a winger, IMO.

IMO, he should be with Helm and Eaves on a line and told to hit, hit, hit, and deal with whatever transpires from that physical game. Be it scoring chances or rough stuff.

In his defense, I don't think Helm has been much better than him the last two games (the penalties apart) and that's a big worry (considering our 'top' 2 lines)

I wouldn't scratch Abdelkader. I'd play him 4th line, and expect him to hit like blazes. Miller's been even more invisible this series, so I'd probably give Modano a chance and hope for the best.