• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Abdelkader

Rate this topic

Uh, Fil is tied with Homer for second most points on the team in the playoffs, bro.

You might want to pick on someone that's actually sucking, like Franzen or Abdelkader (who's -3).

Some people... :rolleyes:

Franzen is playing hurt so that's hardly fair. Besides, Fil accumulated those points against a Phoenix team with no talent whatsoever to match the Red Wings at forward. Now against more skilled opponents, it is pretty clear the only forwards on this team that can produce anything offensively through two games are Datsyuk and Zetterberg. And for someone "sucking" Franzen was the only one that generated any semblance of a scoring chance on that line today.

I wouldn't be opposed to Abdelkader sitting, but our best players to be the best players. Justin Abdelkader isn't going to make or break this series. Production or lack thereof from our top six forwards is.

As I said in the GDT, we need to get rid of this guy.

He doesn't do anything that can't be replaced by guys that do it much better. He should be trying to hit everything with a Sharks jersey out there. Instead, the only physicality he's shown involves high sticking people.

Your hate for Abby is pretty funny. Just because you came into this season expecting him to fight 10 times and be the next coming of Mccarty doesn't mean hes completely useless.

He has been used in roles he probably shouldnt have been but he did shut down Doan pretty well. When he is played on the wing and not given center responsibilities is whe nhe is playing physical and contributes on the scoreboard.

But yeah youre right, we should cut a 23 year old player who would normally be playing his rookie NHL season just htis season without ridiculous injuries last year.

Your hate for Abby is pretty funny. Just because you came into this season expecting him to fight 10 times and be the next coming of Mccarty doesn't mean hes completely useless.

He has been used in roles he probably shouldnt have been but he did shut down Doan pretty well. When he is played on the wing and not given center responsibilities is whe nhe is playing physical and contributes on the scoreboard.

But yeah youre right, we should cut a 23 year old player who would normally be playing his rookie NHL season just htis season without ridiculous injuries last year.

There are a few guys on this team who are irreplaceable.

He's not one of them. I don't see anything wrong with exploring other options.

And where did you get the idea that he shut down Doan? Or that a 23 year old forward should normally be playing his rookie season? :unsure:

I haven't done the forum thing before during the playoffs, but seriously...

Is this the normal idiocy that goes on? Like if another player was in the same boat it'd be:

"Oh, Datsyuk took a couple penalties and hasn't scored yet this round! GrrRRRRRr!!!! He totally f***in sucks!!ONE1!!! Kick him off the team IMMEDIATELY!!! Hes a BUM!!!1!!11"

Ridiculous.

Like I said before, get a grip guys...

I guess someones always gotta be the scapegoat though....such is life.

The thing is Abdelkader is not half as good as Datsyuk. In all honesty Abdelkader is hurting us more than helping us right now.

i normally would say give him some more time but at this point we dont have time, we're two games away from having an early vacation, i'm up for sittin him down the rest of the series and trying something new

There are a few guys on this team who are irreplaceable.

He's not one of them. I don't see anything wrong with exploring other options.

And where did you get the idea that he shut down Doan? Or that a 23 year old forward should normally be playing his rookie season? :unsure:

The fact that every single wings prospect spends til the age of 23 in the minors basically until his elc runs out. Very few guys dont spend less time than that in GR.

I never said he wasnt irreplaceable , but you said he is completely useless and that we should just cut him. That is far from true, he was still our biggest hitting forward this season and dropped the gloves from time to time. This is his first full year in the show and definitely shouldnt be just cut because hes useless (which is a pretty big exaggeration)

that line 2 has not generated any offense the whole playoffs. Why because of ABBY!!!

Bertuzzi 1 goal 2 assist

Cleary 1 goal 2 assist

ABDELKADER 6 GP 0 goals 0 assist PLUS/MINUS -3 12 PIM

6 games for a 2nd line?!?!?!

lol probably the most unproductive 2nd line in the playoffs

Put someone there who deserves it like helm he has dominated consistently regardless of who he plays with and even though he didn't score on that breakaway in game 2 at least he created an opportunity by himself on the PK.

Scratch hudler and miller

put abby on line 4 where he belongs so he can throw a big hit every now and then for momentum.

Edited by jeffrey

that line 2 has not generated any offense the whole playoffs. Why because of ABBY!!!

Bertuzzi 1 goal 2 assist

Cleary 1 goal 2 assist

ABDELKADER 6 GP 0 goals 0 assist PLUS/MINUS -3 12 PIM

6 games for a 2nd line?!?!?!

lol probably the most unproductive 2nd line in the playoffs

Put someone there who deserves it like helm he has dominated consistently regardless of who he plays with and even though he didn't score on that breakaway in game 2 at least he created an opportunity by himself on the PK.

Scratch hudler and miller

put abby on line 4 where he belongs so he can throw a big hit every now and then for momentum.

Pretty sure EVERYONE has played 6 games. Not sure how that has ANYTHING to do with anything.

Uh, Fil is tied with Homer for second most points on the team in the playoffs, bro.

You might want to pick on someone that's actually sucking, like Franzen or Abdelkader (who's -3).

Some people... :rolleyes:

What has he done against the Sharks ? Coyotes are not even close to the team the Sharks are, when Sharks size comes into effect Flip can't handle the second line role, hes not good enough. Imagine against Vancouver ? Kesler would absolutely eat him alive.

Can someone remind me of the great play of Mule, Miller, or Eaves this series? Abby is the scapegoat here for a list of players who aren't showing up.

I agree. Abby hasn't played great but the reason he is the scapegoat is because of the high sticking penalties primarily rather than his lack of offense. I know the high stick penalties were back but they accidentally happen to all players. Neither was as dumb a penalty as Raffy's delay of game. Sometimes it just happens.

What would this site do if they couldn't blamde someone??

This is a joke, guys. These threads come out once most of the team is playing weak and when they are all firing like last round, nobody would even post about such things. It's a cute game but I still think it's McCrimmon, right?? Or Lang, one of the two.

Isn't this his first FULL season with the Wings. Give the guy a break let him learn and get better and after a season or two if he's still doing these things than I'm sure the Wings will handle it. I love it when a player does a couple things wrong in a recent stint just like Abs and his High Sticking. You heard the annoucers even they didn't think it was his fault. Let the young players all have some more time in the NHL before you get out the hanging rope.

Half the team isn't half as good as Dats, so we we bench them all?

How has Abby hurt the team, other than his OT high stick?

Tell me what Abdelkader is doing to help the team right now? You act like I have something against the guy, but he just is not playing well. If any other player had zero points, 12 pims, and did not even look that great on the ice I wouldnt want that player out there either.

Tell me what Abdelkader is doing to help the team right now? You act like I have something against the guy, but he just is not playing well. If any other player had zero points, 12 pims, and did not even look that great on the ice I wouldnt want that player out there either.

Your post was comparing Abby to Dats, and I pointed out that Dats has been playing better than the rest of the team, and is therefore a ridiculous comparison.

Other than Dats and Howard, who has looked great on the ice? If you think Abby is leagues below the other under-performing players, than I would disagree. The discussion isn't merited because Abby is not the make or break player that some here are making him out to be. Abby is playing a physical game and giving it 100%. It isn't translating right now, but it did when he helped shut-down the Doan line in the first round. I wouldn't be upset if he sat a game or two, but those suggesting that his play over the past two games should translate to him being cut are ridiculous.

Half the team isn't half as good as Dats, so we we bench them all?

How has Abby hurt the team, other than his OT high stick?

98% of the NHL isn't as good as Dats...

To answer your question, he's at -3, so he's obviously not performing well. That, however, can be said about 75% of the team.

Edited by Lonewuhf

Abdelkader has 0 points and is a -3, he's taking game changing penalties and generates nothing positive. I much rather have Hudler in and scratch Abby for Modano. Seems pretty obvious that is the change that should be made. Also move Helm around the lineup, all this guy does is create energy for any line he's on. Abby should take notes, I think his scoring streak during the season made him think he has some offensive abilities which isn't true he needs to play like a grinder and stop trying to do more than he's capable of.

Abdelkader has 0 points and is a -3, he's taking game changing penalties and generates nothing positive. I much rather have Hudler in and scratch Abby for Modano. Seems pretty obvious that is the change that should be made. Also move Helm around the lineup, all this guy does is create energy for any line he's on. Abby should take notes, I think his scoring streak during the season made him think he has some offensive abilities which isn't true he needs to play like a grinder and stop trying to do more than he's capable of.

The amount players with points in the series is small, so I fail to see how that measurement is relevant. Other than the OT penalty, how have his penalties been 'game changing'? Z took a very similar high-stick penalty in game 2 that went un-complained about here. In addition, Abby has the ability to draw a lot of penalties. To me the question is not to scratch Abby for Modano, but whether to scratch Miller, Huds (I would keep), Eaves, or Abby. You can argue that Abby hasn't played well, but what has Miller done that is so much better?

IMO Abby is much better on the wing, so he should be placed there again. He can play a great defense center role (see Yotes series verse Doan), but his play is more effective on the wing (hitting, roaming more, etc).

Also, Helm doesn't belong on the top two lines. While he creates a lot of energy, his hands and scoring aren't there yet. Did you see his breakaway the other day? His offense isn't top line material, especially after you consider who would have to be moved down.