• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus's Garden

Official "We Believe" Thread

Rate this topic

See sig (not the part about Dr. Acula:))

Actually, the Dr. Acula part is sound advice too.

Seriously though, if you don't believe your team has at least a chance to win, why even bother watching the game? Sure, down 2-0 is a significant hole, but it can be overcome, we've seen it happen.

Love the thread guys, now that Z and Dats are on seperate lines, I think we will win tomorrow, if anyone can get Franzen going its gotta be Dats. And I like Drapes in there over Hudler, providing Mlive.com is correct. Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not believe? A few reasons I believe....

1) Your never in trouble until you lose on home ice

2) We have played pretty poorly and have only lost buy a goal each game

3) Howard playing out of his mind

4) Sharks have played several overtime games during the playoffs and I believe if we can make this series last their fatigue will show.

I just believe we have to many vets and to much experience to continue this crappy play and if it picks up to the level the Wings can/usually play at, we could definitely pull this out. It all starts with the next two games at home though. Lose one and I think its over for sure.

I believe the Wings lost two extremely close games to a team that was playing to the best of their abilities while the Wings were playing near the bottom of theirs. I believe that the long break between series will become an advantage as this series goes deeper and the amount of overtime games played and reliance SJ puts on their top 9 forwards will wear their team down. I also believe, despite the shot totals, the Wings have made Niemi look better than he has played by shooting mostly from the perimeter and giving him more 1 and dones than they give most goalies. I believe tonight you will all see a faster, more determined Wings team that will generate traffic, scoring chances and be the Wings team we're all used to

I believe the Wings lost two extremely close games to a team that was playing to the best of their abilities while the Wings were playing near the bottom of theirs. I believe that the long break between series will become an advantage as this series goes deeper and the amount of overtime games played and reliance SJ puts on their top 9 forwards will wear their team down. I also believe, despite the shot totals, the Wings have made Niemi look better than he has played by shooting mostly from the perimeter and giving him more 1 and dones than they give most goalies. I believe tonight you will all see a faster, more determined Wings team that will generate traffic, scoring chances and be the Wings team we're all used to

I thought the same thing. Wings were badly outplayed, yet somehow they managed to stay in the race, and lost both games due to fluke (1st game) and soft (2nd game) goals.

Edited by Reds4Life

I believe that tonight we will see the Wings do what we know they can do.

I believe that they have the will, talent, and skill to overcome this adversity.

I believe that Pavel is going to deke Niemi out of his jockstrap.

For those that are insistent on saying "I told you so" or being d**ks, do it in a different thread and don't spoil the mood, no matter how unrealistic the chances may be or how stupid you may think pom-pom cheerleading blind faith may be.