• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus's Garden

Official "We Believe" Thread

Rate this topic

It ain't over yet.

I love 55fan's constant blind faith. At least she always puts a positive spin on everything around here.

Despite what I said above I do have to say it's pretty weird that just because of what Philly did last year it seems like every single time a team goes 3-0 now every one in the sports world acts as though there's a legitimate chance the trailing team can now make the come back. I'm not saying we shouldn't believe it can happen or cheer for it to happen. But let's keep some perspective here. Just start with one shift, build on that and try to win a period, then a game, and so on...

I believe the Sharks haven't won a 4th game yet, so there's no sense counting the Wings out quite yet. See how Vancouver feels about this subject, or Boston last year.

The linesmen will drop the puck without throwing someone out of the circle.

Now that's just crazy talk...

I feel sorry for all the poor saps who bought home tix for this series. this will be a an utterly futile event. the same could have been said for the late reg season home games. very deflating.

I feel sorry for all the poor saps who bought home tix for this series. this will be a an utterly futile event. the same could have been said for the late reg season home games. very deflating.

I feel more sorry for people who are continually trying to spread their own misery onto others here.

Maybe not everyone lives and dies by the result of what ultimately is a kids game. Maybe families and friends still use sporting events as a bonding experience in a building that is considered hollowed ground by most fans. Maybe people will continue to support a team despite what others view as a 'futile event' and make it a supportive send off for a team/organization that's shown Detroit 20 years of outstanding hockey. Maybe there are still some classy fans out there.

Maybe.

I feel more sorry for people who are continually trying to spread their own misery onto others here.

Maybe not everyone lives and dies by the result of what ultimately is a kids game. Maybe families and friends still use sporting events as a bonding experience in a building that is considered hollowed ground by most fans. Maybe people will continue to support a team despite what others view as a 'futile event' and make it a supportive send off for a team/organization that's shown Detroit 20 years of outstanding hockey. Maybe there are still some classy fans out there.

Maybe.

What do you expect from someone with a username Grim...?

The Red Wings have a 1.8% chance of winning the series vs the Sharks. This is what Lloyd Christmas has to say about that.

For those in need of a smile (or a possibly a laugh) earlier today Jim Schwartz tweeted this:

If the #Lions can win four in a row, I know the #Wings can too. Let’s go Red Wings!

Thanks, I needed that. Talk about two polar opposites, the Lions and the Red Wings, I will be a fan of both until the day I die, but it's a lot easier being a Wings fan than a Lions fan. Every time the Lions seem to be on the right track, something unexpected derails them for 4 or 5 years or so, whereas the Red Wings were only a few years removed from the "Dead Wings" era when I moved to Mt. Clemens, and have given me more happy memories over the last 25 years than I can count. I will never stop believing, but it is situations like this that make me that much more grateful for the successes I have been able to witness.

Edited by McAwesome

The Red Wings have a better chance of winning this series than I have of winning the lottery.

Guess what I have in my purse. That's right. A lottery ticket.

So what if it's "impossible"? So what if it's "unlikely"?

The Wings have a better chance of winning this series than Brian has of banging out with the gal whose pic he posted above, but it doesn't stop him from posting it, does it?

No. Because even if he never chips his teeth on her silicone, he will have had the joy of chasing the possibility. That is what the Wings are doing tonight. They are chasing the possible.

Go Wings!

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed. perplexed, but not in despair. Persecuted, but not abandoned. Struck down, but not destroyed."

I don't want another long summer. I don't want to harbor the thought of tonight being Nick Lidstrom's last game. I do, however, want the Wings to fight. And I expect them to. If any team can make history, it's the Wings. If I'm crazy for still believing they have a chance, then I'm crazy. But as much as reality says it won't happen I still believe it can.

And if fricking NASHVILLE can get one game against Vancouver why can't we get one against the Sharks?! :ranting:

What do you expect from someone with a username Grim...?

The Red Wings have a 1.8% chance of winning the series vs the Sharks. This is what Lloyd Christmas has to say about that.

124686641v7_480x480_Front.jpg