• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsfan_54

game 3 lineup changes?

Rate this topic

So after game 1 and especially after tonight's performance, I feel something needs to be changed here. We're not playing Red Wings hockey and now we're down 2-0. I believe 1 mistake coming in was benching Draper, he was flying and looking good out there in the Phoenix series(though i realize the whole team was compared to now) but still, I believe his PK, speed, faceoffs and experience would help greatly. I would also break up Datsyuk and Z to get more firepower on 2 diff lines...Also mr. Modano...I believe we need him in there, sure he's aging but I think he would bring more then some ppl currently in the lineup such as eaves or miller. Personally I would take out miller and Hudler cuz he's been doing nothing all series...but i'm not the coach. We need some goal scoring and more pressure then we have, cuz other then the 1st periods and the last 7 mins of gthe 3rd period in game 2, we've been dominated. So with this being said, what is everyone else's thoughts on this? Keep it the way it is or change it up? In the end I believe..go wings go! We have to do our job at home now like they did.

Edited by wingsfan_54

My lines would be

Homer-Datsyuk-Cleary

Bert-Hank-Franzen

Modano-Filp-Abby

Helm-Draper-Eaves

same d core

hudler is having no effect in this series and its time for him to sit, also draper for miller just for a spark, more experience and another face of option.

Guest stinky fish taco

can't bench all the players that are floating, cause then we'd have 2 or 3 forwards dressing.

babcock has to man up and actually send a message with one of his lineup decisions: bench abdelkader.

0 pts, -3, arguably cost the wings both games 1 and 2 because of high-sticking calls in the offensive zone.

don't care if you love the guy or hate the guy, he's just a dumb player. only a total moron would take that double minor in game 1 OT and come out and do the exact same thing 3 minutes into game 2.

guy's an idiot.

can't bench all the players that are floating, cause then we'd have 2 or 3 forwards dressing.

babcock has to man up and actually send a message with one of his lineup decisions: bench abdelkader.

0 pts, -3, arguably cost the wings both games 1 and 2 because of high-sticking calls in the offensive zone.

don't care if you love the guy or hate the guy, he's just a dumb player. only a total moron would take that double minor in game 1 OT and come out and do the exact same thing 3 minutes into game 2.

guy's an idiot.

Yep, and he came out after G1 and spoke to the media about the Wings needing to keep their sticks on the ice. Hilarious Justin! :lol:

I like the guy, a lot, but man he is dumb out there sometimes. Needs to go back to wing, sucks at centre.

Guest stinky fish taco

Yep, and he came out after G1 and spoke to the media about the Wings needing to keep their sticks on the ice. Hilarious Justin! :lol:

exactly. imagine that feeling after game 2. cost your team the game, your coach has to talk to the media about needing to "keep our sticks down", obviously specifically referring to your bone-headed play.

...and then you come out and do the exact same thing 3 minutes into the next game?

that takes a special kind of moron.

bright spot: Wings lost 2 games playing like garbage and both games were only 1 goal deficits.

If the Wings play like we know they can they can turn this series around, a little line juggling and some motivation from the veterans/leaders to jump start a come back.

GO WINGS!

Exciting!! :yowza:

You forgot Aubry though!

No I didn't. I definitely gave him plenty of consideration. I just thought that if he was going to be in the lineup that I wanted him to play center. Unless we want Hank and Pasha together then I don't really know where to fit him.

And lately the Euro Twins have been in a coma and it doesn't seem as if they'll come out of it any time soon.

Filpula Datsyuk Homstrom

Cleary Zetterberg Franzen

Abdelkader Helm Hudler

Bertuzzi Draper Eaves/Miller/Modano

I think we are really missing a shoot first mentality on the PP right now Mo would bring that playing the point. Toss up though our Pk hasnt been that bad.

Wings have to start playing guys who want to skate. Roll with 3 lines or 2 lines.

Then maybe guys will start getting it. Some are not competing.

Modano-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Zetterberg-Filppula-Cleary

Helm-Hudler-Abdelkader

Franzen-Draper-Holmstrom

Wings got to get scrappier in front of NIEMI.

i am so sick of abby playing on line 2 he has done nothing but get penalties and the few shifts helm replaced him on the 2nd line they started getting some offense generated.

my lines for game 3

Franzen - Datsyuk - Cleary

Bertuzzi - Filppula- Helm

Holmstrom - Modano - Hudler

Eaves - Draper - Abdelkader

Helm needs an opportunity to play with some better players. this guy generates offense when playing with fourth line grinders every game give him a chance. unfortunately that was not the best move on a breakaway but at least he created a chance for himself to score unlike most of the rest of the team besides the DZH line.

to tell you the truth i want this line the most

Franzen - Datsyuk - Helm

because with the speed he brings to that line no doubt Dats would find him open on a break out and if anyone is paying attention to what the foruth line does helm is almost always the one setting up the scoring opportunities.

Edited by jeffrey