• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Was there a goal missed yesterday? (game 2)

Rate this topic

The TSN replay ends too early, but you can see (just before that clip ends) the puck start to come back across the crease towards where it came from. That is where I think it gets knocked into the back of the net with Niemi. Niemi's stick is what actually knocks the puck in after it gets pushed by Demers who's on all fours because he got cross checked by Bertuzzi.

Unfortunately none of this matters. Games over, they didn't review. Hopefully they are better Wednesday night.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that wrap around didn't go in. Then I saw the replay and Franzen messed up. If he had shot it straight in on the left post, it would've been a goal, but he, I guess, lost control of the location of the shot and basically shot it right into his pad. Pushing the goalie into the net is irrelevant. If the goalie's on the top of the puck, you can't push him into the net and have it count... that is unless you're the Ducks pushing Hasek into the goal (2007 playoffs).

I saw this too and couldn't believe they were just carrying on like it never happened. Regardless of whether the goal should count or not, anytime the puck is pulled out of the net after a play NBC should have some responsibility to explain what is going on.

The TSN replay ends too early, but you can see (just before that clip ends) the puck start to come back across the crease towards where it came from. That is where I think it gets knocked into the back of the net with Niemi. Niemi's stick is what actually knocks the puck in after it gets pushed by Demers who's on all fours because he got cross checked by Bertuzzi.

Unfortunately none of this matters. Games over, they didn't review. Hopefully they are better Wednesday night.

Hmmmm you Sir, are right I believe... they did show an overhead last night and from what I remember there was nothing conclusive. Basically commentators said Franzen messed up by trying to shoot too early and not taking another half step toward the goal. Guess we'll now never know!

anyone who watched the game on TSN knows the puck never went in. TSN showed many replays of the play during the game, none of which showed the puck going in the net.

Regardless, it's ludicrous to not even give it a look. Plays like that one should be reviewed, not tossed to the side.

Edited by HankthaTank

i dont have TSN. im basing this off my only source which is NBC.

Regardless, it's ludicrous to not even give it a look. Plays like that one should be reviewed, not tossed to the side.

i understand what you guys are saying. i would've wondered myself if i had watched it on NBC.

edit: i just watched the nbc replay. i see what you guys are saying. it definitely looked sketchy.

Edited by atodaso

Guest Crymson

It's possible, but it's not really worth arguing it. The game is over.

I say because of this Wings start Game 3 with a 1-0 lead.

Yeah but then there'd be a penalty against Detroit in the first 15 seconds which the Sharks would score on. ;)

Edited by Lonewuhf

You know your team is in trouble when threads like this pop up. I believe the intent to blow whistle rule pretty much guarantee they would have waived off the goal even if it did cross the line. What kind of pissed me off about game 2 was when Eager i think it was got a 10 minute misconduct yet the wings never got a powerplay out of it.