• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Was there a goal missed yesterday? (game 2)

Rate this topic

The real question was where was the puck on the initial wrap around... Niemi was very deep in his net and there is a good chance that the original wrap around that the puck was in but underneath Niemi... But like everyone said.. for some reason that was never another replay shown...

Have to admit, watched the game on TSN last night, showed extensive replays including the overhead. Puck never went in

WRONG. I took the video into Adobe Premiere, and could see clearly that the puck was absolutely in the net. Before the whistle.

puck_in_net.gif

The only thing that can be argued is whether or not the ref intended to blow the whistle, but it all happened so fast, I think it can be argued that there was no way he had that intent until the puck was already in goal.

WRONG. I took the video into Adobe Premiere, and could see clearly that the puck was absolutely in the net. Before the whistle.

puck_in_net.gif

The only thing that can be argued is whether or not the ref intended to blow the whistle, but it all happened so fast, I think it can be argued that there was no way he had that intent until the puck was already in goal.

Looking carefully at the refs arms you can see he's waving off. Problem is he doesn't have three arms...two for the wave off and one for the whistle. ;)

Like others have said, it's moot. While it woulda been nice to at least have a review, it's pointless the games over

Me and my friend were watching this and both thought we saw Niemi kick it out, but apparently no one on the ice saw it. Even Niemi had that "aw shucks" expression on this face like he knew it was in.

Even if it was reviewed though, not a doubt in my mind that it wouldn't have counted, no matter what.

Looking carefully at the refs arms you can see he's waving off. Problem is he doesn't have three arms...two for the wave off and one for the whistle. ;)

A clever argument...if there was only one ref. I was going to make this a video, and not a .gif, since the audio clearly tells what I described, but I didn't, because I figured anyone could review that part in real time, from the original video, and see and hear the obvious for themselves.

A clever argument...if there was only one ref. I was going to make this a video, and not a .gif, since the audio clearly tells what I described, but I didn't, because I figured anyone could review that part in real time, from the original video, and see and hear the obvious for themselves.

The argument actually goes to the "intent to blow [Crosby]" rule more than anything lol. I was just pointing out that the waveoff--regardless of the point of whistle sound--would be the tool used during review to disallow the goal is all ;)

(and like i said,moot point. Games over I'm looking forward to wednesday when I'll be at the game :D)

I'm looking forward to wednesday when I'll be at the game :D)

I hate you for that.

You can redeem yourself by sharing an extra ticket with me. I will even build you a cake to sweeten the pot.

I watched the game on tsn, they went in depth. It never went it. I think it ends up in his glove, and thats him dropping it there.

Edit, now not so sure after looking at all the posts in this thread.

Edited by nosyt612

I hate you for that.

You can redeem yourself by sharing an extra ticket with me. I will even build you a cake to sweeten the pot.

<thread_hijack>

sorry only extra ticket I got is goin to a hot girl. But I promise to post pics if you build me that cake :D

</thread_hijack>

puck_in_net.gif

Whoa! don't support the other team now Grypho! :P

I just figured the intent to blow rule would kick in and didn't think it a big deal. That was the only time i saw it in the net.

Uh, so what could they do anyways? That was OBVIOUSLY in. Unfortunately, even if the refs admit there WAS a missed goal, what can they do? Cancel that game and have a re-make game?

now thats just stupid. i don't think i seen anyone in this thread ask for that. and if they did...im sure they wouldn't be here anymore after the crap they would take. it's a discussion forum about hockey...a lot of posters forget that fact. it was a play that could of or should of been looked at a little closer unless like what was said the intent to "crosby"(blow) on it or they figured the goalie was pushed in.

HOLY F**K THAT WAS IN

Sure was. Not that it matters now, but that went in on the wrap around attempt, prior to the net crash.

The same thing happened to the Sharks in a Game 7 against the Flames. I was sitting front row on the glass with a perfect side view of the Calgary net. I watched a blinding ripper from 15 ft. out go into the back of the net and rebound right back out again, just as fast. I stood up screaming, knowing we had a goal. But nobody else saw it, it happened too fast. I got the raw footage the next day (wish I still had it) and did the same thing, frame by frame from two different angles. Sure enough, even at the different angles, which were definitely not as good, you could clearly see the "shadow streak" of a puck going into the net, bulging it out at the back and right back out again. Missed goal. Nothing anyone could do about it.

Did the Wings even notice or say anything? Did anyone say or notice this?

it doesnt matter the war room is supposed to review everything, regardless of whether the ref asks for it. these guys in the war room are a supposed professionals but they cant even do their job properly, they even had extra time to review it because there was a scrum right after this play..........yet the non pros on LGW can break down the camera angles and figure out that it should have been a goal and was over the line. THAT is a ******* joke, whether that play happens to the wings or any other team, i want a fair game. Im often critical of refs for making bad calls/being extremely inconsistent, but i can understand that to an extent cuz the game is so fast, and they don't get the benefit of a replay. But guess what? Toronto does and there is not excuse for that, and if there was even a chance that it was in the net they should have called the ref over and delay the next faceoff (not that they needed to because they had time because of the scrum). this is the playoffs one goal could mean the difference between you advancing to the next round.

NHL get your s*** together your a ******* joke!