• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Was there a goal missed yesterday? (game 2)

Rate this topic

I caught it on my DVR while watching the game. There was a wrap around where Niemmi stopped a stuff in with his pad waaaaaay behind the goal line.

NBC quickly went to commercial and never mentioned it again or showed a replay. I thought i was the one crazy person who was seeing things but calls have been going into 97.1 about it.....

I'd love to see a replay.

Are you talking about the play where Franzen seemed to miss the wraparound?

yep. someone on 97.1 said they saw a replay where it is in the net.

I cant believe that the redwings video review guys would have missed that during the commercial break....

I was wondering why they didn't review that either, I know it didn't look definitively out, though I don't see it in either.

The thing that pissed me off the most about that play was not two minutes before Holmstrom got the only penalty in a scrum after getting swatted at by two Sharks, one from behind. Then this play happens and the refs are watching Mitchell throw a headlock on Eaves, continue to twist him awkwardly on the ice and not let go for a good minute with no call while the linesman just sits there like 'come on, please?'. That more than anything got my blood boiling.

That was the game feed, though.

Did they show an in depth replay during the game? I don't seem to think so.

I think they did show a replay from the net camera, because i remember thinking "how did he not score" and i watched for the puck but couldn't see it.

go to exactly 9:40. puck is in the net. he then kicks it out. watch it

id like to see an actual news article on this. the NBC coverage is beyond awful. to have a start time of 3:00pm yet they dont drop the puck for 20 minutes so they can repeat the same "analysis" over and over. any borderline hockey fan is going to be beyond bored and flip it off. one 5 min segment setting up the game would be fine.

Puck under pad

pad crosses goal line

puck can't be seen

We all know how this would have gone if they did review it... More outrage, still would have been nice to have given it a look.

Still need to play better regardless of this crap.

Puck under pad

pad crosses goal line

puck can't be seen

We all know how this would have gone if they did review it... More outrage, still would have been nice to have given it a look.

Still need to play better regardless of this crap.

no per that video that was posted and the time i posted the puck is across the line. you can see it. start at 9:40..then slowly move it up. it wasn't under his pad at all

im leaning towards that. that was probably the reason but they could have at least looked at it.

Yep, the whistle comes right after Franzen goes down (and pushes Niemi in the net) which means the ref probably wanted to blow it before that (see intent to blow rule). Could also explain why they didn't even look at it. Either that or there's a conspiracy and the refs are in on it! :P

esteef

Yep, the whistle comes right after Franzen goes down (and pushes Niemi in the net) which means the ref probably wanted to blow it before that (see intent to blow rule). Could also explain why they didn't even look at it. Either that or there's a conspiracy and the refs are in on it! :P

esteef

oh geez. you had to go and say the C word.=)

esteef

Niemi went in under his own steam. He was playing deep in the net.

If there was intent to blow the whistle there shouldnt have been because the puck was WAY loose. Either way id expect to at least here something about it from the wings so they could sway some calls on wednesday.

Have to admit, watched the game on TSN last night, showed extensive replays including the overhead. Puck never went in. Never even went near the post so that isn't a puck at 9:40. What happened was he tried wrapping it around too soon, and instead of getting it into the post, Franzen threw it into the middle of the blue paint, where it then got lost in the scrum.

Highlights

Watch from 1:45/1:50 area. Clearly doesn't go in

Have to admit, watched the game on TSN last night, showed extensive replays including the overhead. Puck never went in. Never even went near the post so that isn't a puck at 9:40. What happened was he tried wrapping it around too soon, and instead of getting it into the post, Franzen threw it into the middle of the blue paint, where it then got lost in the scrum.

Highlights

Watch from 1:45/1:50 area. Clearly doesn't go in

wft!?!?! thats not even the whole reply. you can;t go by that. it was after frans fell is where it was in.

you donb't even see the push on that reply.

and what is the rule on being pushed into the goalie? is there one stating that the player can be pushed by the other team and still count as a goal?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan