Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Was there a goal missed yesterday? (game 2)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Yep, the whistle comes right after Franzen goes down (and pushes Niemi in the net) which means the ref probably wanted to blow it before that (see intent to blow rule). Could also explain why they didn't even look at it. Either that or there's a conspiracy and the refs are in on it! :P

esteef

oh geez. you had to go and say the C word.=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#22 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yep, the whistle comes right after Franzen goes down (and pushes Niemi in the net) which means the ref probably wanted to blow it before that (see intent to blow rule). Could also explain why they didn't even look at it. Either that or there's a conspiracy and the refs are in on it! :P

esteef

Niemi went in under his own steam. He was playing deep in the net.
If there was intent to blow the whistle there shouldnt have been because the puck was WAY loose. Either way id expect to at least here something about it from the wings so they could sway some calls on wednesday.

#23 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

Have to admit, watched the game on TSN last night, showed extensive replays including the overhead. Puck never went in. Never even went near the post so that isn't a puck at 9:40. What happened was he tried wrapping it around too soon, and instead of getting it into the post, Franzen threw it into the middle of the blue paint, where it then got lost in the scrum.

Highlights

Watch from 1:45/1:50 area. Clearly doesn't go in

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#24 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

Have to admit, watched the game on TSN last night, showed extensive replays including the overhead. Puck never went in. Never even went near the post so that isn't a puck at 9:40. What happened was he tried wrapping it around too soon, and instead of getting it into the post, Franzen threw it into the middle of the blue paint, where it then got lost in the scrum.

Highlights

Watch from 1:45/1:50 area. Clearly doesn't go in

wft!?!?! thats not even the whole reply. you can;t go by that. it was after frans fell is where it was in.
you donb't even see the push on that reply.

and what is the rule on being pushed into the goalie? is there one stating that the player can be pushed by the other team and still count as a goal?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 02 May 2011 - 01:59 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#25 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

Thats a goal. I didn't even notice it on my DVR but thats a goal
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

How the hell did the zebra flapping his arms by the side of the net miss that live?

#27 BMoSki4

BMoSki4

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

The TSN replay ends too early, but you can see (just before that clip ends) the puck start to come back across the crease towards where it came from. That is where I think it gets knocked into the back of the net with Niemi. Niemi's stick is what actually knocks the puck in after it gets pushed by Demers who's on all fours because he got cross checked by Bertuzzi.

Unfortunately none of this matters. Games over, they didn't review. Hopefully they are better Wednesday night.

#28 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, I couldn't believe that wrap around didn't go in. Then I saw the replay and Franzen messed up. If he had shot it straight in on the left post, it would've been a goal, but he, I guess, lost control of the location of the shot and basically shot it right into his pad. Pushing the goalie into the net is irrelevant. If the goalie's on the top of the puck, you can't push him into the net and have it count... that is unless you're the Ducks pushing Hasek into the goal (2007 playoffs).

#29 clearlybetter11

clearlybetter11

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

I saw this too and couldn't believe they were just carrying on like it never happened. Regardless of whether the goal should count or not, anytime the puck is pulled out of the net after a play NBC should have some responsibility to explain what is going on.

#30 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

The TSN replay ends too early, but you can see (just before that clip ends) the puck start to come back across the crease towards where it came from. That is where I think it gets knocked into the back of the net with Niemi. Niemi's stick is what actually knocks the puck in after it gets pushed by Demers who's on all fours because he got cross checked by Bertuzzi.

Unfortunately none of this matters. Games over, they didn't review. Hopefully they are better Wednesday night.

Hmmmm you Sir, are right I believe... they did show an overhead last night and from what I remember there was nothing conclusive. Basically commentators said Franzen messed up by trying to shoot too early and not taking another half step toward the goal. Guess we'll now never know!

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#31 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

The freep has now picked up on it with this article...

freep article

That's why, at the very least, it would have been nice if the play had been reviewed. Tough to definitively say that the Wings got jobbed, though.

Would have certainly changed the game immensely.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#32 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

The freep has now picked up on it with this article...

freep article

Would have certainly changed the game immensely.

well its officialy not just a crazy fan conspiracy anymore

#33 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

well its officialy not just a crazy fan conspiracy anymore

There ya go. I was thinking to myself, "Does this guy work for the freep, too?"

:lol: Good to see it being looked at by others as well.

#34 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

anyone who watched the game on TSN knows the puck never went in. TSN showed many replays of the play during the game, none of which showed the puck going in the net.

#35 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

anyone who watched the game on TSN knows the puck never went in. TSN showed many replays of the play during the game, none of which showed the puck going in the net.

i dont have TSN. im basing this off my only source which is NBC.

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

Regardless, it's ludicrous to not even give it a look. Plays like that one should be reviewed, not tossed to the side.

Edited by HankthaTank, 02 May 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#37 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

i dont have TSN. im basing this off my only source which is NBC.

Regardless, it's ludicrous to not even give it a look. Plays like that one should be reviewed, not tossed to the side.

i understand what you guys are saying. i would've wondered myself if i had watched it on NBC.

edit: i just watched the nbc replay. i see what you guys are saying. it definitely looked sketchy.

Edited by atodaso, 02 May 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#38 Z and D

Z and D

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

It was in, here's a freeze frame of Niemi kicking it outAttached File  goal.jpg   70.29KB   242 downloads

#39 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

It was in, here's a freeze frame of Niemi kicking it outAttached File  goal.jpg   70.29KB   242 downloads

whelp that doesnt look so good.

#40 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Had they already blown the whistle??? My guess would be those reviewing in Toronto would have the TSN broadcast and what the poster above said, it was not in on TSN. Fishyyyyyy