Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Was there a goal missed yesterday? (game 2)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

I was screaming about no review when this happened yesterday but then I just remembered the NHL's " intent to blow"
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#42 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hmmmmm getting very fishy... Then again I think it just serves Franzen right for deciding to only shoot the puck in the last 5-10 minutes :ph34r:

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#43 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

A job for:
Posted Image

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#44 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

i cant even imagine Mickey's reaction to this if they were broadcasting...

#45 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

And the Plot thickens!! Sweet Jesus this league is soooooo Bush League its pathetic! NWL, National Wateredown League!! Hell the NBA has more creditablity than the NWL!! JOKE!!!

#46 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

I say because of this Wings start Game 3 with a 1-0 lead.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#47 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

It's possible, but it's not really worth arguing it. The game is over.

#48 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

I say because of this Wings start Game 3 with a 1-0 lead.

Yeah but then there'd be a penalty against Detroit in the first 15 seconds which the Sharks would score on. ;)

Edited by Lonewuhf, 02 May 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#49 joesuffpaulson

joesuffpaulson

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

You know your team is in trouble when threads like this pop up. I believe the intent to blow whistle rule pretty much guarantee they would have waived off the goal even if it did cross the line. What kind of pissed me off about game 2 was when Eager i think it was got a 10 minute misconduct yet the wings never got a powerplay out of it.

#50 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

It was pretty clear when watching it, but I just assumed Niemi was shoved in and therefore wouldn't have counted, or something.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#51 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

The real question was where was the puck on the initial wrap around... Niemi was very deep in his net and there is a good chance that the original wrap around that the puck was in but underneath Niemi... But like everyone said.. for some reason that was never another replay shown...

#52 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Have to admit, watched the game on TSN last night, showed extensive replays including the overhead. Puck never went in

WRONG. I took the video into Adobe Premiere, and could see clearly that the puck was absolutely in the net. Before the whistle.

Posted Image

The only thing that can be argued is whether or not the ref intended to blow the whistle, but it all happened so fast, I think it can be argued that there was no way he had that intent until the puck was already in goal.

#53 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

WRONG. I took the video into Adobe Premiere, and could see clearly that the puck was absolutely in the net. Before the whistle.

Posted Image

The only thing that can be argued is whether or not the ref intended to blow the whistle, but it all happened so fast, I think it can be argued that there was no way he had that intent until the puck was already in goal.

Looking carefully at the refs arms you can see he's waving off. Problem is he doesn't have three arms...two for the wave off and one for the whistle. ;)

Like others have said, it's moot. While it woulda been nice to at least have a review, it's pointless the games over

#54 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

I think it's fairly obvious that it went in when franzen rammed him into the net, therefore making it a disallowed goal.

#55 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Me and my friend were watching this and both thought we saw Niemi kick it out, but apparently no one on the ice saw it. Even Niemi had that "aw shucks" expression on this face like he knew it was in.

Even if it was reviewed though, not a doubt in my mind that it wouldn't have counted, no matter what.
Posted Image

#56 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Looking carefully at the refs arms you can see he's waving off. Problem is he doesn't have three arms...two for the wave off and one for the whistle. ;)

A clever argument...if there was only one ref. I was going to make this a video, and not a .gif, since the audio clearly tells what I described, but I didn't, because I figured anyone could review that part in real time, from the original video, and see and hear the obvious for themselves.

#57 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

A clever argument...if there was only one ref. I was going to make this a video, and not a .gif, since the audio clearly tells what I described, but I didn't, because I figured anyone could review that part in real time, from the original video, and see and hear the obvious for themselves.

The argument actually goes to the "intent to blow [Crosby]" rule more than anything lol. I was just pointing out that the waveoff--regardless of the point of whistle sound--would be the tool used during review to disallow the goal is all ;)

(and like i said,moot point. Games over I'm looking forward to wednesday when I'll be at the game :D)

#58 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

I'm looking forward to wednesday when I'll be at the game :D)

I hate you for that.

You can redeem yourself by sharing an extra ticket with me. I will even build you a cake to sweeten the pot.

#59 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

I watched the game on tsn, they went in depth. It never went it. I think it ends up in his glove, and thats him dropping it there.

Edit, now not so sure after looking at all the posts in this thread.

Edited by nosyt612, 02 May 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#60 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

I hate you for that.

You can redeem yourself by sharing an extra ticket with me. I will even build you a cake to sweeten the pot.

<thread_hijack>
sorry only extra ticket I got is goin to a hot girl. But I promise to post pics if you build me that cake :D
</thread_hijack>