• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 wingschamps

wingschamps

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

So game 3 starts at 8, an hour after the 1st Versus game. Does anyone know if the game will be shown on Center Ice or Gamecenter or are we all gonna get screwed?

Edited by wingschamps, 02 May 2011 - 06:48 PM.

IPB Image

Thanks Offsides

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

NHL coverage sucks doesn't it?

I'll just watch it online. That's what you get when the NHL Network isn't showing any freaking games, while the NBA has like 3 channels broadcasting their playoff coverage.

FU Bettman! :ranting:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

NHL networks showing the caps tb game and CBC is showing flyers bruins. FSND is the only shot u got

#4 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Come on, we can't pop this game over to CNBC or MSNBC or any of the other 34 channels NBC owns just for a night?

So hate on but guess what, I feel like I can't miss,
I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#5 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

It's the Red Wings. Whatya expect? Logic? We all know Bettman hates how perenially successful the team is in this salary cap era. (edit, that was sarcasm)

I actually have a new theory about this. I think the NHL/Bettman dislikes the fact that the wings do not play their prospects immediately ala Crosby. We play them in the minors. Who was our first pick last year? The year before? Who's our youngest player? And what draft was he selected? Compare that to the "face" of the NHL. See what I'm getting at there?

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut, 02 May 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#6 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

for people that live in canada what will happen will we see it cause there is tsn, tsn 2 and cbc.
Posted Image

#7 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I am showing WAS and TB at 630 and VAN @ NAS at 900.....

Sooooooo where are the Wings playing tomorrow??

#8 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

I am showing WAS and TB at 630 and VAN @ NAS at 900.....

Sooooooo where are the Wings playing tomorrow??

they play Wed
Posted Image

#9 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

On GameCenter the game will only be blacked out in the Red Wings market (all of Michigan) and Sharks market (all of California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas). Day passes will be available.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#10 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

they play Wed

I realized I saw the Tuesday lineup shortly after I posted.

So, does anyone know if we will be able to watch OUR team or will be relagated to watching another game?

#11 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

I realized I saw the Tuesday lineup shortly after I posted.

So, does anyone know if we will be able to watch OUR team or will be relagated to watching another game?

We'll see our game during the intermissions of the Bruins-Flyers and after that game ends, assuming it doesn't go into OT which it probably will. OR you can flip on NHL Network and watch two guys sitting at a desk telling us about the game. I mean, why would you want the thrills and excitement of the ACTUAL game when you can have a couple suits tell you when a goal is scored and promise highlights soon? <_<

Edited by xtrememachine1, 03 May 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#12 jdwheelz

jdwheelz

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Those in Canada will have it on TSN2 it looks like.

GAME 3: SJS @ DET, WED, MAY 4, 8 p.m., VS (JIP), TSN2

Edited by jdwheelz, 03 May 2011 - 09:59 AM.

#13 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Those in Canada will have it on TSN2 it looks like.

GAME 3: SJS @ DET, WED, MAY 4, 8 p.m., VS (JIP), TSN2

Thank you for this. After having missed the last game due to work, I would hate to miss this one too!
Posted Image

#14 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

for people that live in canada what will happen will we see it cause there is tsn, tsn 2 and cbc.

TSN 2 yaaaaaa!

#15 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

NHL Center Ice's showing this game on Game13 channel. Here's a link to their schedule: http://www.indemand....090422124838930

#16 paulwoodsfan

paulwoodsfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

NHL Center Ice's showing this game on Game13 channel. Here's a link to their schedule: http://www.indemand....090422124838930

Can anyone in the U.S. who gets Center Ice pls confirm afterwards whether the full game was in fact available on Center Ice? I'm a Canadian subscriber to Centre Ice and every year when the playoffs start there is at least one Wings game that does not get shown up here, which is utterly ridiculous -- I can get every single regular-season game but when the games matter most, I sometimes get shut out entirely. This year it was Game 1 of Round 1 -- it was not shown on Centre Ice even though there was a CBC HD feed for Windsor and Western Canada. I had to buy a new cable service (time-shifting) just to see that game, and it was not available to me at all in HD. I have had enough of the contempt for fans that Centre/Center Ice demonstrates each playoffs and I am planning to write a formal letter of complaint. If tomorrow's game is not on Center Ice in the U.S. I will add it to the litany of problems. (It is available up here on TSN2, as another posted already noted.) Thanks for the help.

#17 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

On GameCenter the game will only be blacked out in the Red Wings market (all of Michigan) and Sharks market (all of California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas).

For those that don't know, this how things are based with Center Ice....pertains to other optional feeds.
I'll break it down, since people still get confused (after 5 years).

Game is on 4 (technically 5, but ignoring the French one) channels in North America Wed:
TSN2 - Canadian national
FSD - RSN (all of Michigan)
CSN-CA - RSN (all of California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas)
VS (JIP) - US national

How blackouts work is, if there is a game on nationally the subscription service (GCL & CI) have to block you from the other channels showing it. GCL does both regional and national, since they want you to watch on TV...how it's contracted.

SO for Wed, VS does not have national rights (JIP) for US, TSN2 does for Canada::

If you live in Canada with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:
TSN2

If you live in Michigan with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:
FSD
VS (when prior game ends)

If you live in California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:
CSN-CA

If you live anywhere else in the US than areas previously mentioned with Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:
GCL Stream
FSD
CSN-CA

If you live anywhere else in the US than areas previously mentioned without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

Obviously your cable/satellite service has to have the national or regional channel going off the options available. Example...If you live in Michigan but your cable/satellite package doesn't already include FSD and you don't subscribe to Center Ice, you're SOL.

Oh and sometimes zipcodes vary between GCL and CI. It's kind of strange, so bordering regions can be hit or miss. Directv has a good system for finding what region you are in when it comes to territories....however this doesn't necessarily translate to GCL.

Edited by drumnj, 03 May 2011 - 01:00 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#18 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Can anyone in the U.S. who gets Center Ice pls confirm afterwards whether the full game was in fact available on Center Ice?

I will.

#19 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

I checked the channel guide for Center Ice and they have shifted most of the programming over to MLB, at least according to my provider's guide, but those things are not always accurate. The indemand site is showing they have it lined up for Channel 13, as someone posted earlier, and that's normally pretty true to what they list. We'll see if my provider updates their guide or if I have to blindly record and hope the game is shown. Or I gotta cancel my plans and watch drum's feed. Decisions decisions...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#20 paulwoodsfan

paulwoodsfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

I will.

Many thanks!