• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingschamps

Game 3 JIP

Rate this topic

So game 3 starts at 8, an hour after the 1st Versus game. Does anyone know if the game will be shown on Center Ice or Gamecenter or are we all gonna get screwed?

Edited by wingschamps

It's the Red Wings. Whatya expect? Logic? We all know Bettman hates how perenially successful the team is in this salary cap era. (edit, that was sarcasm)

I actually have a new theory about this. I think the NHL/Bettman dislikes the fact that the wings do not play their prospects immediately ala Crosby. We play them in the minors. Who was our first pick last year? The year before? Who's our youngest player? And what draft was he selected? Compare that to the "face" of the NHL. See what I'm getting at there?

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut

Guest mjtm77

for people that live in canada what will happen will we see it cause there is tsn, tsn 2 and cbc.

Guest mjtm77

I am showing WAS and TB at 630 and VAN @ NAS at 900.....

Sooooooo where are the Wings playing tomorrow??

they play Wed

On GameCenter the game will only be blacked out in the Red Wings market (all of Michigan) and Sharks market (all of California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas). Day passes will be available.

they play Wed

I realized I saw the Tuesday lineup shortly after I posted.

So, does anyone know if we will be able to watch OUR team or will be relagated to watching another game?

I realized I saw the Tuesday lineup shortly after I posted.

So, does anyone know if we will be able to watch OUR team or will be relagated to watching another game?

We'll see our game during the intermissions of the Bruins-Flyers and after that game ends, assuming it doesn't go into OT which it probably will. OR you can flip on NHL Network and watch two guys sitting at a desk telling us about the game. I mean, why would you want the thrills and excitement of the ACTUAL game when you can have a couple suits tell you when a goal is scored and promise highlights soon? <_<

Edited by xtrememachine1

Those in Canada will have it on TSN2 it looks like.

GAME 3: SJS @ DET, WED, MAY 4, 8 p.m., VS (JIP), TSN2

Thank you for this. After having missed the last game due to work, I would hate to miss this one too!

NHL Center Ice's showing this game on Game13 channel. Here's a link to their schedule: http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/nhl_schedule.pdf?090422124838930

Can anyone in the U.S. who gets Center Ice pls confirm afterwards whether the full game was in fact available on Center Ice? I'm a Canadian subscriber to Centre Ice and every year when the playoffs start there is at least one Wings game that does not get shown up here, which is utterly ridiculous -- I can get every single regular-season game but when the games matter most, I sometimes get shut out entirely. This year it was Game 1 of Round 1 -- it was not shown on Centre Ice even though there was a CBC HD feed for Windsor and Western Canada. I had to buy a new cable service (time-shifting) just to see that game, and it was not available to me at all in HD. I have had enough of the contempt for fans that Centre/Center Ice demonstrates each playoffs and I am planning to write a formal letter of complaint. If tomorrow's game is not on Center Ice in the U.S. I will add it to the litany of problems. (It is available up here on TSN2, as another posted already noted.) Thanks for the help.

On GameCenter the game will only be blacked out in the Red Wings market (all of Michigan) and Sharks market (all of California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas).

For those that don't know, this how things are based with Center Ice....pertains to other optional feeds.

I'll break it down, since people still get confused (after 5 years).

Game is on 4 (technically 5, but ignoring the French one) channels in North America Wed:

TSN2 - Canadian national

FSD - RSN (all of Michigan)

CSN-CA - RSN (all of California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas)

VS (JIP) - US national

How blackouts work is, if there is a game on nationally the subscription service (GCL & CI) have to block you from the other channels showing it. GCL does both regional and national, since they want you to watch on TV...how it's contracted.

SO for Wed, VS does not have national rights (JIP) for US, TSN2 does for Canada::

If you live in Canada with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

TSN2

If you live in Michigan with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

FSD

VS (when prior game ends)

If you live in California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

CSN-CA

If you live anywhere else in the US than areas previously mentioned with Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

GCL Stream

FSD

CSN-CA

If you live anywhere else in the US than areas previously mentioned without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

Obviously your cable/satellite service has to have the national or regional channel going off the options available. Example...If you live in Michigan but your cable/satellite package doesn't already include FSD and you don't subscribe to Center Ice, you're SOL.

Oh and sometimes zipcodes vary between GCL and CI. It's kind of strange, so bordering regions can be hit or miss. Directv has a good system for finding what region you are in when it comes to territories....however this doesn't necessarily translate to GCL.

Edited by drumnj

I checked the channel guide for Center Ice and they have shifted most of the programming over to MLB, at least according to my provider's guide, but those things are not always accurate. The indemand site is showing they have it lined up for Channel 13, as someone posted earlier, and that's normally pretty true to what they list. We'll see if my provider updates their guide or if I have to blindly record and hope the game is shown. Or I gotta cancel my plans and watch drum's feed. Decisions decisions...

NHL Network is showing Washington/Tampa Bay at 7 tomorrow.

oh, I knew I should of read all the other post. That really sucks, why are the Caps and TB having back to back games?

Oh and sometimes zipcodes vary between GCL and CI. It's kind of strange, so bordering regions can be hit or miss. Directv has a good system for finding what region you are in when it comes to territories....however this doesn't necessarily translate to GCL.

I did a quick comparison using the DirecTV search page linked above and the blackout zones for GCL, and they are almost identical. Even the border markets are pretty accurate, for example Cleveland OH is blacked out for PIT on GCL, and the DirecTV search shows that Cleveland gets Root Sports, the Penguins network.

Thank you drumnj