• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Probie

Some possible NEEDED changes in the Offseason

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

I don't think we'll see much this year until 2013, then in 2013 I think we'll see some big moves.

2013 happens this year?

Hudler and Flip for a guy who has number 1 defenseman potential isnt that far off, probably ATL would throw in a mediocre prospect or pick.

Flip is closing in on 30 and hasnt done anything offensively and Hudler is just plain awful.

I dont know why you are so certain the wings wont trade or offer any RFAs. This team has been good ever since Holland took over the team, yeah hes a solid GM, but also very overrated.. This offseason will really show Hollands true colours, if he does nothing than we'll all be wishing Yzerman was here

Holland is overrated. Wow. Just Wow.

Ward is a $1.5m cap hit at the moment, and may go up as high as $2.25m, but I doubt if he'll go any higher due to his relatively average regular seasons the past three years (25-35 pt player).

The only reason he'd get more than about $1.75m is because of the postseason that he's having, otherwise he's a pretty average player, though I think he could do pretty well in Detroit or with another team that has some decent playmakers.

I'd make him an offer and see how badly Nashville wants him, frankly. If his offers are around $2m though, I don't think I'd bother. He's 30, so you're not going to see a whole lot more out of him than you're currently seeing.

Keep in mind we get better point totals out of Helm for ~60% of the guy's current cap hit.

You want to give up draft picks to get Joel Ward? Seriously? Joel Ward?

Holland is overrated. Wow. Just Wow.

He isnt the god everyone thinks he is, he is a very good gm but has his flaws just like everyone. What has he really done that makes him god like like a lot of people on here think?

Before the cap he had an unlimited chequebook and since the cap he has looked like nothing special. Sorry im not a complete homer like a lot of people on here are

It'll be interesting to see what he gets offered in free agency, after seeing contracts like those of Boogaard and Shelley last summer.

I'm guessing it'll be more than he's worth purely because of the run he's had thus far in the playoffs.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

He isnt the god everyone thinks he is, he is a very good gm but has his flaws just like everyone. What has he really done that makes him god like like a lot of people on here think?

Before the cap he had an unlimited chequebook and since the cap he has looked like nothing special. Sorry im not a complete homer like a lot of people on here are

I got your back on this one. I don't even think he's a good gm. I think he's mediocre at best.

If you want to know the true genius behind the Red Wings success, look to this guy first: Hakan Andersson.

He and Scotty Bowman turned the Detroit Red Wings organization around. Kenny Holland has had a part in making Detroit a place where all hockey players want to play, but not to the extent that Andersson and Bowman have.