• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Is San Jose more talented than us?

Rate this topic

Geez, how is it that Grypho always post the best response? I want to hate him for being a Sharks fan...

I think in all honesty, Detroit and San Jose are completely even. We've had a bit of bad luck, and the tank is one of the worst arenas in the league for away teams to play at. If we can win games 3 and 4, I bet that game 5 determines the winner of this series.

We need to play better in the offensive zone though, as we keep getting one chance, and then they clear it. We have not gotten enough sustained pressure, and that is causing us trouble.

Geez, how is it that Grypho always post the best response? I want to hate him for being a Sharks fan...

I think in all honesty, Detroit and San Jose are completely even. We've had a bit of bad luck, and the tank is one of the worst arenas in the league for away teams to play at. If we can win games 3 and 4, I bet that game 5 determines the winner of this series.

We need to play better in the offensive zone though, as we keep getting one chance, and then they clear it. We have not gotten enough sustained pressure, and that is causing us trouble.

This. I think both teams are equally as good, but only one seems to be playing balls-out playoff hockey. Hope that changes tonite.

As a neutral observer (Canucks fan), it's difficult for me to agree that San Jose is better than Detroit, even with the Wings being down by two games. Looking at the quarter finals, a depleted LA Kings took the Sharks to six games. Are The Wings of today (who swept the dogs) worse than a badly depleted Kings team? Not in my opinion. I think the Wings will come alive tonight.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

<...>I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in saying that Pavelski and Setoguchi dive and that makes them the cheapest team in the NHL.

Well, if it were just these two... Pretty much the whole team have mastered this useful skill... Behave like a man, this is a men's game.

That why I'm loosing respect to this team over time.

That said, sharks diving is a last reason Wings are loosing.

My point was (speaking to the topic): yes, sharks are more talented than Wings, if you know what I mean. :)

To reiterate what I said yesterday, Vancouver is a lot more talented than Nashville, yet Nashville has won a game and almost won another one yesterday.

The gap between the Sharks and Wings isn't that great.

We just have to play harder and learn how to win close games, and especially, those damn OT games.

For those of you comparing player to player...

It shouldn't be based on points or salary. It should be based on the most obvious determination of where a player falls in his team's structure. Even strength average ice time. Otherwise you're comparing Ed Jovanovski and his $6.5m salary as Phoenix's top defenseman, when in reality he is their #6.

It should be all possible iterations of all players. :P

I don't necessarily think that they are better than us, they have a huge monkey on their backs to not underachieve this year. The Wings were like that once, finally winning in 97. I respect the sharks for being a talented team, but luck, some questionable calls have helped so far. And certain players diving and snow showering is stupid on their part considering how much talent they have. If the sharks win this series I will root for them and Tampa Baby, but I know that the wings aren't gonna lose another game in this series.

As the 'other' Canucks fan here I would say the teams have comparative talent, the difference is as others have stated, one team seems to simply want it more. I'll be very upset if Detroit doesn't advance in this series as I badly want the Canucks to send Detroit packing this year!

Guest Heaten

Wings are the better team, they just don't have the desire and drive to compete like the Sharks. I still think this series goes 7.

they always seem to connect with their cycling passes. they rarely have issues clearing the zone. our guys seem to go out of their way to make the high-risk pass or worse yet; soft, weak pass.

C'mon now, the names on paper don't win hockey games. Zetterberg and Franzen are obviously playing hurt, which leaves the Wings with basically one scoring line, Rafalski is pass his prime by quite a while, , so is Draper, Ericsson is not playing nearly as well as he did last year. Filppula is not really a top scoring line center. Datsyuk is the only one that has success, but he needs help.

On the other side of the red line you have an up-coming talented hungry team, and their veterans, even Thornton, are finally playing up to their potential. Their coach knows our team inside and out. They beat us last year, and got even better. We didn't get significantly better since last year. Why is it a surprise in any way, that we are losing again?

Guest CaliWingsNut

sharks are cheapest team in the nhl at the moment. wings has always been having problem playing against cheap teams.

Not true. Not even true in just the west. Not even true for the remaining playoff teams.

Sharks get away with a lot of bad calls, but are not a cheap team.

The Sharks top guns are out performing our top guns. Howard has been better than Niemi but just not good enough. IMO we've ouplayed the Sharks games 1 and 3 but have nothing to show for it. As for players, the Sharks have key guys at the right time killing us. The Sharks have imo have out played us as a team overall these last 2 seasons. Dunno if it has something to do with McLellan or not as well knowing our system.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

The Sharks top guns are out performing our top guns. Howard has been better than Niemi but just not good enough. IMO we've ouplayed the Sharks games 1 and 3 but have nothing to show for it. As for players, the Sharks have key guys at the right time killing us. The Sharks have imo have out played us as a team overall these last 2 seasons. Dunno if it has something to do with McLellan or not as well knowing our system.

I disagree. Marleau, Heatley and Thornton disappeared as usual, Setoguchi disappeared until last night. The only individual player giving the Wings nightmares is Pavelski, as usual. I would say their second-tier guys are outplaying our second-tier guys.

Yeah, pretty much this. They are not a better team but they are a team with better chemistry and drive right now.

How do you figure that?

They finished with more points, more wins, less goals allowed (and it's not close) and in a tougher division then the Wings had to deal with.

Add to that, they are within 60 minutes of sweeping the Wings right out of the playoffs AFTER the Wings were dominant in the 1st round.

The Sharks are a better team than the Wings. Just admit it and move on.

Hopefully Holland sees it and starts to change things for the better. Keeping the status quo isn't going to help this franchise take the next step.

I disagree. Marleau, Heatley and Thornton disappeared as usual, Setoguchi disappeared until last night. The only individual player giving the Wings nightmares is Pavelski, as usual. I would say their second-tier guys are outplaying our second-tier guys.

Wow! What series are you watching?

Heatley's assist on White's game #2 goal.

Marleau's back-checking and pk play.

Thornton has been a beast this series and last. He's playing with more confidence than ever. He's all over the ice...transition, forechecking, backchecking, attacking the net and making some killer assists.

If all you look at is the scoring stats, your argument stands.