• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Is San Jose more talented than us?

Rate this topic

The Sharks top guns are out performing our top guns. Howard has been better than Niemi but just not good enough. IMO we've ouplayed the Sharks games 1 and 3 but have nothing to show for it. As for players, the Sharks have key guys at the right time killing us. The Sharks have imo have out played us as a team overall these last 2 seasons. Dunno if it has something to do with McLellan or not as well knowing our system.

...REDWIN ATTACK!....

I think that the teams are pretty much on a par with each other. I just have a feeling that we have 4 or 5 guys

playing that are carrying injuries, and its catching up with us. Maybe we can put in one big game tonight to

pro-long the inevitable, but its going to be another long summer.

No!!! Both teams are mirrored images of one another overall. Physically, SJ is bigger and faster.....but lack experience....The hockey gods are smiling upon the Sharks with puck luck at the moment and are testing Detroit's faith. 2 lucky deflections are the difference in this series. ( and poor PK) I see a win tonight! They know what it takes! Let's go boys!:siren:

Ok. My 2 cents. The teams are pretty even as far as skill. Our D-Men are better, the forwards are a wash and the goaltenders are close. Coaching is also close.

But skill alone doesn't win playoff games. Determination, health and luck all play a part. Franzen is not 100% and Z is probably not up to speed after sitting for 2 weeks.

The Sharks are hungrier. That is obvious.

The Sharks have gotten almost all of the breaks. Overtimes are generally a coin flip. Either team can win.

No team could possibly play 5 OT games in 2 rounds of playoffs and win all 5. It's just very improbable. But the Sharks have done just that.

I'm not bitter about it - it sucks but that is the way it goes. Are the Sharks truely better than us as all the experts are saying. I don't believe so. Last year we were clearly gassed so IMO that doesn't prove anything. This year we lost 2 games in OT and the other in regulation - all by 1 goal. If a bounce had gone our way we could still be very much in the series.

I just hope that if we don't advance, either SJ or Vancouver lifts the Cup because that means next year they will not be nearly as hungry...

How do you figure that?

They finished with more points, more wins, less goals allowed (and it's not close) and in a tougher division then the Wings had to deal with.

Add to that, they are within 60 minutes of sweeping the Wings right out of the playoffs AFTER the Wings were dominant in the 1st round.

The Sharks are a better team than the Wings. Just admit it and move on.

Hopefully Holland sees it and starts to change things for the better. Keeping the status quo isn't going to help this franchise take the next step.

News Flash! What they did in the regular season means nothing. Look at Washington.

We have played 3 games and they won 2 in OT so that makes them better? Really?

Ok. My 2 cents. The teams are pretty even as far as skill. Our D-Men are better, the forwards are a wash and the goaltenders are close. Coaching is also close.

But skill alone doesn't win playoff games. Determination, health and luck all play a part. Franzen is not 100% and Z is probably not up to speed after sitting for 2 weeks.

The Sharks are hungrier. That is obvious.

The Sharks have gotten almost all of the breaks. Overtimes are generally a coin flip. Either team can win.

No team could possibly play 5 OT games in 2 rounds of playoffs and win all 5. It's just very improbable. But the Sharks have done just that.

I'm not bitter about it - it sucks but that is the way it goes. Are the Sharks truely better than us as all the experts are saying. I don't believe so. Last year we were clearly gassed so IMO that doesn't prove anything. This year we lost 2 games in OT and the other in regulation - all by 1 goal. If a bounce had gone our way we could still be very much in the series.

I just hope that if we don't advance, either SJ or Vancouver lifts the Cup because that means next year they will not be nearly as hungry...

News Flash! What they did in the regular season means nothing. Look at Washington.

We have played 3 games and they won 2 in OT so that makes them better? Really?

I disagree. I don't think there's anything improbable about winning 5 OT games. It means they have a knack for scoring big goals and for not allowing the puck in their net when the other team gets chances. It's called being clutch.

The Wings, on the other hand, are terrible in OT every year for about the last decade. That's not a coincidence either.

San Jose just feels more comfortable in that situation and so they make the big play. Sometimes, there's a thin line between winning and losing and this team is always on the right side of that line against us.