http://www.dailymail...ils-stolen.html

#2 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

http://www.osnews.co...thout_Firewall_

Spafford states that security experts monitoring open internet forums had found out that Sony was running outdated versions of the Apache web server, with no patches applied. To make matters worse, Sony did not have a firewall installed. Topping it all off, these security experts reported these flaws months before the current breaches on security forums monitored by Sony employees. Wow.

"If Dr Spafford's assessment is accurate, it's inexcusable that Sony not only ran obsolete software on servers containing confidential data, but also that the company continued to do so after this information was publicly disclosed," said Jeff Fox, Consumer Reports Technology Editor.

Let's be clear here: the folks who stole the data are criminals and need to be apprehended. However, if Spafford's story is true, and you'd think that you wouldn't lie during a congressional hearing, you can easily argue that Sony are criminals as well.....This is going to cost them dearly in law suits and damages - and rightfully so.

For any PS3 owners out there, I'd suggest trading everything in and get a 360 instead. Also change your credit/debit card just in case, since the hackers have, if my sources are correct, 77 million accounts of peoples information from the first hack, and over 25 million from the second hack.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 05 May 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#3 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

http://www.osnews.co...thout_Firewall_

For any PS3 owners out there, I'd suggest trading everything in and get a 360 instead. Also change your credit/debit card just in case, since the hackers have, if my sources are correct, 77 million accounts of peoples information from the first hack, and over 25 million from the second hack.

Honestly, I think I'll just wait. The PS3 is just awesome in every way possible, and I don't want to pay 50 bucks a year to play online with the 360. Or risk the constant failures.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#4 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, I got an email saying my account has been hacked and that hopefully, I haven't given out any credit card or social security number info.

Sucks balls.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#5 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

Honestly, I think I'll just wait. The PS3 is just awesome in every way possible, and I don't want to pay 50 bucks a year to play online with the 360. Or risk the constant failures.

It is a great system, but they both have their failures. My ps3 ylod a couple days after the first hack and psn shutdown. Just bought Socom 4 too. But I don't blame the people who trade in theirs when they can't trust a lazy company with their personal information.

#6 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

I was almost going to buy some RDR DLC from the online store. Glad I didn't do that yet. Now they get only my e-mail and password, not my bank account details.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#7 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

If I had money floating around I would probably get another 360 but I am not really a fan after my first experience with the 360. Had to send mine in eight times. Had about 6 RRoD, an E74 error and one time they sent me back one that still wasn't working.

I think I deal with a PSN failure over a system failure.

#8 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

Friend of mine had someone use his CC info and tap into his money a little bit. He didn't lose much, though. Just had to freeze his account real quick and get a different card.

#9 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

The hackers got around 17,000 CC numbers

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#10 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Might be back up very soon.

http://blog.us.plays...ion-begins-now/

Edited by MGreenberg, 14 May 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#11 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

Sorry for double but it is finally up for pretty much the entire east coast and California.

#12 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

If I had money floating around I would probably get another 360 but I am not really a fan after my first experience with the 360. Had to send mine in eight times. Had about 6 RRoD, an E74 error and one time they sent me back one that still wasn't working.

I think they might of fixed that problem awhile back. I only got RRoD once, sent it in, got it back and got 3 free months of live. Haven't had a problem since.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

I think they might of fixed that problem awhile back. I only got RRoD once, sent it in, got it back and got 3 free months of live. Haven't had a problem since.

Well, at least a year ago 360's still had a higher than 50% fail rate, shockingly bad for expensive technology. I don't know what they've done since then, though.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Doesn't matter. Won't ever convince me to get a 360. I think I had the record for the RRoD, 4 damn times!!!! PS3, other than this, has been completely flawless and I love the blu-ray player. Not much for online gaming except for Madden.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users