• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco
Not sure if I'd bring Bert back, either.

who's going to be interested in him? he's signed for another year. great deal, kenny!

the front office needs to let go of the ******* past. i swear if draper is on this team then all is lost. this team needs to be gutted like a giant carp. starting with draper and erickson falski and and sentimental bs holland is holding on to...... time to move on....

Big Rig has just been brutal this year. I don't know what happened to him. Rafi hasn't been that great either (hurt again?) so I have no idea why Babs would insist on putting them together.

Lucky teams win a lot of one-goal games. But you know what else? Teams that are better and hungrier usually get the best of one-goal games against lesser teams. The Wings used to do this ALL THE TIME in the Yzerman era. It's a different franchise these days, one that's completely forgotten how to win.

sERIES SEEMS to be over.... anyone cue the price is right losing horn?

And guess what? Holland won't make any changes in the off season either, so we will be stuck with this team next year too...

I doubt that very much. Look at the past few seasons. In '09 we went to the finals. Okay, so that off-season, no need for major changes. Reasonable to think that with the same team healthy and rested it could be done again. Can't blame him for thinking that.

Then, 09-10 happens. The clusterf*** injury season. Well, the Wings make it to the second round with all that baggage. Holland had to have been thinking it was hard to really evaluate a team after an injury plagued season like that. Again, stay pat.

This season, again disappointment with a healthy roster. Third time is the charm. Big moves.

From signing Modano as our best acquisition in the off-season, to slumping right as San Jose was catching steam and losing the 2nd seed, and now to this. One of the most disappointing seasons I can remember, and this year there arent excuses like fatigue or injuries.

Karma. Setoguchi in the box for Bertuzzi's smart play of "grab the stick and fall". Wings fail to take advantage on the PP when there only scores were on the PP. Setoguchi with the hat trick to win in OT.

Did any fourth liners play in OT? Wings looked tired! I noticed that Nichols and Ferriero had some shifts in OT for the Sharks.

Edited by Canned Heat

Anyone blaming Howard is clueless. We need better TEAM defense.

You're right if we're talking regular season. Defense has been overall very good, despite the Sharks having so many shots. It's our offense that is not keeping sustained pressure up consistently. While we're spread out in scoring, we don't have any "go to" guys other than Zetterberg and Datsyuk. What happened to Cleary, Bertuzzi and Franzen? Helm usually scores in games like these.

But yes, McCrimmon needs to go, as well as a defensive changeup.

GOd, what a waste of a season.

I hate to say it but this series has been too hard to watch.. I really thought they would come out ontop this time. they were putting pressure on SJS like none other, and then a deflection goal like that happens (once again). Such a shame. When was the last time we even won in OT??

Also, I think what sucks even more is sweeping the Coyotes first round and now having the worry that we will swept... leaves a sour taste in my mouth

Edited by LadyInRed

Tough to really say what needs to be done. You dominate one team in the first round and get swept in the second. I'd look hard at moving Hudler and Filppula, though. Not sure if I'd bring Bert back, either.

Bert has a NTC. He is not going anywhere.

the front office needs to let go of the ******* past. i swear if draper is on this team then all is lost. this team needs to be gutted like a giant carp. starting with draper and erickson falski and and sentimental bs holland is holding on to...... time to move on....

This is rediculous. If the team played with Draper's passion and physical play we probably wouldn't be close to this situation.

Karma. Setoguchi in the box for Bertuzzi's smart play of "grab the stick and fall". Wings fail to take advantage on the PP when there only scores were on the PP. Setoguchi with the hat trick to win in OT.

I knew Setoguchi would be critical once Ken mentioned he was a non-factor at the start of the game. Maybe I'm cynical, but every damn time an announcer singles out an opposing player for not performing, said player always comes up huge against the Wings that game. See: Petr Sykora, 2008.

Babcock got out coached. Howard was alright. He is definitely getting outplayed though. Huge changes need to be made in the off season. I don't care how good some of these players play on an odd night but they don't give a ******* rats ass in the post season. Scrap the whole god damn team except lids, hank, pav and helm.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

1. Abby did s*** this series. Modano should have at least had a chance to play tonight. He might be old, but I really think he wanted to win

2. No matter who is pared with Ericsson.... That D line sucks. Ericsson has to go.

3. Why the hell did Salei start over Kindl in the playoffs? Kindl played much better during the season

4. Im still looking at my TV in shock that, that shot went in....

now this is just amusing to me. we played an excellent game and still lost. didn't sit back in the 3rd and they still tied it. thornton sucks against everyone but as soon as he was coming up the ice there i had a bad feeling.

1 thing we need to learn (especially ericcson). just shoot the puck in ot.

i totally disagree. We gave SJ the line way too easily in the third, had relatively zero forecheck, and didn't generate many, if any, solid chances.