• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

What the heck is up this year in the second round? All these teams down 3-0, and now the Capitals getting swept. Could happen with the Flyers and the Wings. The Wings already swept the 'Yotes. Tons of OTs. This was supposed to be the year of parity in the NHL, but you rarely see this many teams being swept out of the playoffs! Of course, the Flyers and Wings could take the next 4 games . . but come on.

I`m lost for words right now. This team f***in blew it. Plain and simply, f***in blew it. They had them, where they wanted them tonight and choked. It was painfull to watch. We all knew what was coming in OT after we blew that late 3rd period lead. WTF Modano wasn`t out there tonight is beyond me. Ahhh, this loss really sucks. Everyone will say, well...1 game at a time now....You never know...Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....Series is over and it reallyhurts this time. I hope I`m wrong, I really, really hope I`m wrong!

To top it off along with Homer for next season as well.

This team will look damn near exactly the same come next season.

YAY! We're f***ed!!!

Trades have to be made.

We could still win this series.

All we need is some of the following:

1) Niemi must contract a fatal and fast acting disease, tonight.

2) We take no penalities, ever again. Ever.

3) The Sharks show up late to the arena, forfeit the game, and we win by default.

4) Detroit replaces all it's players with robots.

5) We genetically engineer a Fedorov, Yzerman, and Shanahan, all in their prime.

6) We draft super heroes. I'm thinking Iron Man, Spider Man, and the girl from Kick Ass...for starters.

If those conditions are met, we could win.

I think we'll win this series, by winning the next 4 games in OT!

I'd retire from LGW if that were to happen. :hat:

al_the_octopus_by_bruins4life.jpg?w=300&h=240

LetsGoWings.com

Your Official Game Day Thread

2011%2BNHL%2BPlayoff%2BLogo.jpg

PLAYOFF EDITION

- - Western Conference Semi-Finals: Game 3 - -

- - San Jose Leads 2-0 - -

San_Jose_Sharks.jpgVS. Detroit_Red_Wings.jpg

Start time: 8:00 EST

Joe Louis Arena - Detroit, MI

3532787629_51049bdcf0.jpg

Available On:

75250-FSNDetroit180logo.jpgversus-tv.jpg971theticket_200.gif

Tonight's Stream

http://www.letsgowin...r/15741-drumnj/

(Directions in profile)

GYI0063636121_crop_450x500.jpg?1298462885

Official Game Preview:

Red Wings look to get back into Series

- -

*Opposition GDT*

Forthcoming

- -

2011_playoffs_header_left.jpg

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(5) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (1) Washington Capitals

Tampa Bay Leads 2-0

(3) Boston Bruins vs. (2) Philadelphia Flyers

Boston Leads 2-0

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(5) Nashville Predators vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks

Series Tied 1-1

riples187e.png

sj.png SHARKS

82 GP, 48-25-9, 105 pts

1st in Pacific Division, 2nd in Western Conference

det.png RED WINGS

82 GP, 47-25-10, 104 pts

1st in Central Division, 3rd in Western Conference

SAN JOSE-DETROIT REGULAR SEASON MATCHUPS

11/30, DET 5 at SJ 3 - Recap -

- LGW.com GDT

12/6, SJ 5 at DET 2 - Recap -

- LGW.com GDT

2/22, SJ 4 at DET 3 - Recap -

- LGW.com GDT

3/3, DET 1 at SJ 3 - Recap -

- LGW.com GDT

Game 1 Recap

Sharks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT) -

- LGW.com GDT

Game 2 Recap

Sharks 2, Red Wings 1 -

- LGW.com GDT

riples187f.png

Goals

SJ Ryan Clowe, Joe Pavelski: 4

DET Five tied at 2

Assists

SJ Four tied at 5

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 6

Plus/Minus

SJ Kyle Wellwood, Ian White: +6

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +6

----

SJ Scott Nichol: -4

DET Justin Abdelkader: -3

PIM

SJ Ben Eager: 19

DET Todd Bertuzzi: 13

riples187g.png

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Huldler-Filppula-Abdelkader

Draper-Helm-Eaves/Miller

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

SJ.gifProjected SJ Lines

Marleau-Thornton-Setoguchi

Heatley-Couture-Clowe

Wellwood-Pavelski-Mitchell

McGinn-Nichol-Mayers

Wallin-White

Demers-Vlasic

Murray-Boyle

riples187h.png

sj.png Antti Niemi

antti-niemi-sharks.jpg

Record:

5-2, 3.05 GAA, .894 SV%, 0 SO

----

versus.

----

det.png Jimmy Howard

98579684.jpg.28406_crop_340x234.jpg?1271868266

Record:

4-2, 2.30 GAA, .930 SV%, 0 SO

riples187i.png

sj.png SHARKS

No injuries reported

----

det.png RED WINGS

Chris Osgood (groin) out

On Deck

WC Quarter-Finals: Game 4

5/6, Sharks at Red Wings ; 7:30 PM EST

i totally disagree. We gave SJ the line way too easily in the third, had relatively zero forecheck, and didn't generate many, if any, solid chances.

yes but sj had zero sustained pressure either and hardly any quality scoring chances. even on the tying goal the sj player just threw it blindly out front. boyle just happened to be there.

i think most of us fans knew the wings didn't have it this year. take out the first 15-20 games of the season and they played probably .500 hockey.

but we ain't done till the 4th win comes.

Well I dunno if this will make anyone happier but I was reading on spectors hockey that Jagr has a list of 4 teams he wants to play for... Habs, Philly, Rangers and WINGS! I am sure some of you guys dont like Jagr but how SICKKK would that be?! Just trying to think positively given the circumstances.

Anyways I just thought of something. Last year both Philly and the Wings went down 0-3 in their 2nd round series and Philly came back to win theirs. Maybe this is the Wings year to come back from theirs? That would be nice

IMHO, the Wings do not need Jagr. They need a studly stay-at-home defenseman or two.

They showed more jump in there game today, but giving them chance to come back takes them out AGAIN. This series has made me sick to my stomach, we have a team that should have beat them I think in 6 games, the only thing that makes them strong is there top 3 lines, goalie sucks and defense is ok. I can't watch game 4 Im driving to Detroit tonight to help them pack up and clean there golf clubs up, maybe get them a tee time for saturday morning.

I wont be able to watch game 4 (even if we won tonight) so this will probably be the last GDT I see you guys in till next season.

Thanks for always having such enjoyable GDT's every single game and its been fun watching hockey all year again with you guys. Lets hope it lasts a little bit longer next year.

See you guys around the forums during the off season.

P.S. Lets go Tampa :lol:

He produced that killer instinct people said the Wings lacked, led a huge comeback season in 2007, won the Cup in '08, went to Game 7 of the finals in '09 in a series that should have resulted in a win, led a battered team to the 2nd round last season in which the series was stolen by the refs, and only this year has run into any trouble getting this team to perform. I doubt Babcock is the problem. If they are complacent and not listening to him, replace the players. Babcock is one of the best coaches in the league. You bring in some fresh faces who won't be complacent. Simple as that.

2007 - I remember losing to Anaheim after a nice boneheaded play by Lilja that cost us game 5.

2008 - The top players wanted to win the cup for themselves that year. Also, that team had a relatively easy time in the playoffs matchups wise.

2009 - This was a terrible choke job. Went up 3-2 in the series, and ended up choking game 7 on home fricken ice.

2010 - Stolen by refs? Just like this year, the Wings were outplayed last year.

2011- Failed to make any changes against a team that embarrassed the Wings last year.

Well I dunno if this will make anyone happier but I was reading on spectors hockey that Jagr has a list of 4 teams he wants to play for... Habs, Philly, Rangers and WINGS! I am sure some of you guys dont like Jagr but how SICKKK would that be?! Just trying to think positively given the circumstances.

Anyways I just thought of something. Last year both Philly and the Wings went down 0-3 in their 2nd round series and Philly came back to win theirs. Maybe this is the Wings year to come back from theirs? That would be nice

How old is Jagr? We don't need more old guys. We need more high energy players.

Flip, Hudler and Franzen are leaving a lot to be desired right now.

Unlike the other two, Franzen has a big contract and probably won't be moved.

If you replace Flip and Hudler with an impact player, Franzen could be sparked that way. I'm more lenient on Franzen considering his track record with the Wings, but Flip and Hudler have underperformed by far. Trade them both for a bigger impact forward who might command a slighter higher salary than one of them individually.

The consensus seems to be that Flip and Hudler need to go.

Impact player is what we're looking for. Think a Hossa type signing. We have enough depth and role players.

I love how Mike Modano can quickly go from season scapegoat to playoff hero in the eyes of the fans. I'm thinking it probably wasn't Abdelkader being in for Mike Modano, or Draper in for Miller that has made the difference in this series. Rather, it seems that many of our big playoff guns and role players (Franzen, Filppula, Cleary, etc.) have completely disappeared. And actually, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Howard have all been very impressive thus far.

This team needs to be purged. Everyone besides the first line is garbage. I can't even begin to understand how we lost all of that scoring depth from '08.

Also, why the hell was Salei getting so much time? I agree that he's nice for a team hurting for defensemen but teams like that don't go anywhere.

If you replace Flip and Hudler with an impact player, Franzen could be sparked that way. I'm more lenient on Franzen considering his track record with the Wings, but Flip and Hudler have underperformed by far. Trade them both for a bigger impact forward who might command a slighter higher salary than one of them individually.

The consensus seems to be that Flip and Hudler need to go.

Impact player is what we're looking for. Think a Hossa type signing. We have enough depth and role players.

They can take eva and ZDC with them. :hehe:

Do we have any chance at Brad Richards?

This team needs to be purged. Everyone besides the first line is garbage. I can't even begin to understand how we lost all of that scoring depth from '08.

Also, why the hell was Salei getting so much time? I agree that he's nice for a team hurting for defensemen but teams like that don't go anywhere.

Who else do you want to get ice time? Big Rig is a bum (as evidenced by the OT crapfest), Rafalski's not exactly tearing it up ... Salei wasn't the worst on the ice is all I'm sayin.

Guest stinky fish taco

I didn't realize this was a best of 5 round.

get out of here with this s***.

everyone know this series is over.