• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Not sure where all the Draper hate is coming from. I thought he played pretty well tonight -- assist and +1. He was far from the problem in this game; he played better than guys like Cleary, Abdelkader, Franzen, Fil and Hudler did.

People are just recycling years-old complaints because they can't think for themselves. With them, the problem is Euro players and old guys. Despite the fact that it was defense that cost us this season and lack of offensive pressure that cost us this round.

s***, we're dead as it is now. I'd start Ozzie Game 4, put Modano in for Abby and Kindl in for Ericsson. Why the f*** not, there is no chance to win this series. None.

Based on that thinking, we should dress a team full of goons, like that final game in Slapshot.

Just put guys out there to punch Pavelski, Thornton, "The Murderer", Boyle and Setoguchi in their faces.

I'd be content if we went out like that. I'm sick of this Sharks team. :ranting:

Doubtful

He'll be more pissed than all of us combined and come back next year to prove himself and get vengeance.

(at least, I hope)

Agree. Norris finalist. Not like he can't play.

Based on that thinking, we should dress a team full of goons, like that final game in Slapshot.

Just put guys out there to punch Pavelski, Thornton, "The Murderer", Boyle and Setoguchi in their faces.

I'd be content if we went out like that. I'm sick of this Sharks team. :ranting:

Hit the Refs too while there at it, maybe then they will have a reason to call penalties.

They can take eva and ZDC with them. :hehe:

Do we have any chance at Brad Richards?

Well, honestly yes, if we're talking cap. Hudler and Flip command what, 5 mil combined? The cap goes up anyway, we could spring 6-6.5 for Richards and still have room for re-signing people or making changes. Theoretically.

I see what you did there! Not nice....but true...

:thumbup: f*** San Jose.

Howard has been good all series but was a reboundasaurus rex tonight - was the cause of a lot of good Sharks chances.

Ericsson, while not to blame for the loss, is noticeably terrible in both ends of the ice. Hope he is not back next year.

The Wings NEVER win in OT! Especially in the playoffs. So disappointing.

Whoever thinks Jagr is the answer needs to have their head examined!

If the Wings actually want to Win and not try to coast in the last 5 minutes of the game, they might be able to take 1 or 2 of these games. At this point that would be satisfying.

Not gonna lose faith in the Wings, but it is incredibly disheartening...

Absolute mirror image from last year. We have the majority of the scoring chances in OT and they come down and blast the game winner with ease. Pathetic

Why don't we play like the Sharks? Do you see those guys? They harass us AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. They've always got someone on the boards, they've always got someone in the shooting/passing lanes, they've always got someone to block shots. They use their sticks to stop everything. Why can't we do that?

Edited by Kass

lets' Face it... San Jose is just better. I hate to say, but they are. I agree we need to make some major off-season changes. I'd like to trade for speed. I know this won't happen but I would trade Flip, Huds, Bert, and Homer. we won't do it but we need speed and snipers. We had way too many good chances to not win this game or game 2 or game 1 or the 4 we lost last year....

Well, honestly yes, if we're talking cap. Hudler and Flip command what, 5 mil combined? The cap goes up anyway, we could spring 6-6.5 for Richards and still have room for re-signing people or making changes. Theoretically.

Hudler/Filppula are about $5.9M.... Richards is at $7.8M now, he'll get more...

Dupuis and Talbot are both UFA's, they are better than most of our team...

Been watching the Tigers this whole series, because I didn't want to watch the s*** that I was afraid would happen. I finally turned it on in OT, and within a minute, the game was over. So you can blame me, but at least I'm getting you guys to bed at a decent hour tonight.

All the Wings have to do is find another Fedorov, Konstantinov, LaPointe, Maltby, and McCarty, and start all over again. Add to that a few big guys who would insure that in future years we would be the injurers instead of the injurees.

Not sure where all the Draper hate is coming from. I thought he played pretty well tonight -- assist and +1. He was far from the problem in this game; he played better than guys like Cleary, Abdelkader, Franzen, Fil and Hudler did.

Yep Draper played a good game, he got Helm to play better it seemed and they got results. It is astonishing that the Wings have to rely on the efforts of Datsyuk, Zetterberg and the 4th line so much in order to stay in these games. I think Cleary, Mule, Bert, Flip, Hudler, Abby, and Homer have already given up.

Why don't we play like the Sharks? Do you see those guys? They harass us AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. They've always got someone on the boards, they've always got someone in the shooting/passing lanes, they've always got someone to block shots. They use their sticks to stop everything. Why can't we do that?

...tis not the game the small skilled Euro-type player plays. Most of our players of that type, avoid the hit. San Jose can control the game because they know for the most part, they aren't going to get hit in the corners or behind the net...

Been watching the Tigers this whole series, because I didn't want to watch the s*** that I was afraid would happen. I finally turned it on in OT, and within a minute, the game was over. So you can blame me

You cock sucker. You f***ed us.

GrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr.

Edited by sleepwalker