• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Been watching the Tigers this whole series, because I didn't want to watch the s*** that I was afraid would happen. I finally turned it on in OT, and within a minute, the game was over. So you can blame me, but at least I'm getting you guys to bed at a decent hour tonight.

All the Wings have to do is find another Fedorov, Konstantinov, LaPointe, Maltby, and McCarty, and start all over again. Add to that a few big guys who would insure that in future years we would be the injurers instead of the injurees.

Hell why not just call some of them this off season, it's pretty much Hollands game plan every off season anyway.

Hopefully we could keep some of our players currently in the minors who are better then our bottom tier players, down as long as possible as well.

Edited by ben_usmc

It's to bad because I really thought we played well. Oh well, that's how it goes. I really don't have much to say, I just thought we could have won. I feel bad for Howard, because he's giving the team everything he has.

More flipping and flopping from the Sharks tonight. Geeze those guys are making a mockery of the game! I've never seen so many players on one team fall to the ice in the same game. I've told my cousin, who's a Canucks fans, to be careful if they play the Sharks next round, because they go down easy.

Guest stinky fish taco

team needs to trade filppula while he has some value. dude is invisible right now. not a shooter, not a passer, not a shutdown forward, not a hitter...what the hell does he do?

if i read one more poster call him something like "datsyuk-lite" i'm going to vomit. get rid of him, fast.

will someone take hudler at his salary? small+slow = s*** COMBO.

cleary is BRUTAL. lost almost every single board battle. literally could hardly even take a pass. i thought he was supposed to be healthy and ready to perform? he played like he had a learning disability.

almost 9 mil is WAY too much to be tied up in these 3 clowns.

of course bert and homer are near-useless, but thanks to holland we have them for another glorious year.

ericsson...well let's just say that if you think he should be back (at a higher salary than he has right now, probably more than double), you're smoking crack.

...tis not the game the small skilled Euro-type player plays. Most of our players of that type, avoid the hit. San Jose can control the game because they know for the most part, they aren't going to get hit in the corners or behind the net...

It seriously ******* baffles my mind knowing we draft skilled euros meaning we have an abundant amount. WHY THE f*** would you not try to add to the sections of the teams you lack as opposed to over balancing. Guess the Wings enjoy golf (Kenny probably is working on a new swing)

You know guys I had a thought. Can the Wings just bomb next season(like 50 points or something) and get the #1 pick and maybe we can get the next Crosby/Ovechkin/Stamkos type player.

Just a thought though.

Sadly, it's starting to look like the Game 7 loss to Pittsburgh was the beginning of the end of the Wings' dynasty. Could they come back in this series? I guess. Could they bounce back, make some changes, and go deep into the playoffs next year? Sure.

But the simple fact is that the core of this team is getting older by the day and all the games that the Wings were winning three, four, 10 years ago are no longer coming out Detroit's way.

I wonder how this might have turned out different had Lilja been playing for the Wings? At the very least we would have blocked way more San Jose shots. Is he worth another look in the off-season to replace Salei or Ericsson?

The leadership has show up to play and carrying this team enough to be able to be competitive in the games. It's our 3rd thru 8th forward spot along with most of the defense that has played like they don't want to win.

This. Datsyuk, Z and Lidstrom all played amazing this series so far. The rest of the team has just been a waste.

Soo.. Can we now have GDT for the Lightning? And 200 posts for a lighting victory. Because that's the closest thing we are going to get to anything resembling the Wings in the future of these playoffs.

Considering doing things like this have not worked out for the Wings, let's not start and mess with TB mojo.

team needs to trade filppula while he has some value. dude is invisible right now. not a shooter, not a passer, not a shutdown forward, not a hitter...what the hell does he do?

if i read one more poster call him something like "datsyuk-lite" i'm going to vomit. get rid of him, fast.

will someone take hudler at his salary? small+slow = s*** COMBO.

cleary is BRUTAL. lost almost every single board battle. literally could hardly even take a pass. i thought he was supposed to be healthy and ready to perform? he played like he had a learning disability.

almost 9 mil is WAY too much to be tied up in these 3 clowns.

of course bert and homer are near-useless, but thanks to holland we have them for another glorious year.

ericsson...well let's just say that if you think he should be back (at a higher salary than he has right now, probably more than double), you're smoking crack.

Pretty much, can't wait to see them all resigned. Hopefully he can give Draper a slight increase on his next, possibly making it a 4 year.

Maybe Ozzy and Modano can comeback to.

This team is so complacent from the Front office down

Edited by ben_usmc

Based on that thinking, we should dress a team full of goons, like that final game in Slapshot.

Just put guys out there to punch Pavelski, Thornton, "The Murderer", Boyle and Setoguchi in their faces.

I'd be content if we went out like that. I'm sick of this Sharks team. :ranting:

At this point, I would be on board for that. The Sharks clearly deserved the first two games, but the Wings deserved to come out on top tonight. I hate the Sharks with a real passion and would wish nothing but the worst for them from here on out.

Should the Shards make it to the next round, let's make sure they get there all beaten, battered, and bruised so they stand no chance against in the WCF and finish dead last next year.

Given the trend in the Western Conference since the lockout and San Jose's hunger, the Shards are due for a Cup.