• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Hey, if Jagr wants to come play for the Wings for 1 mil and 3rd or 4th line minutes, who am I to say no? The guy is a floater but he can freaking score! He's a 50 point guy, consistent even while switching leagues make me think he could be fairly close to consistent back in the NHL if he's interested. I'd take him for 35-40 points.

congrats Sharks! I hope you guys can make it a good Conference finals... I really thought last year was your Cup to take. Hockey is over for me, except maybe for the Cup finals game or two.

Wings flub this postseason in a very quirky way... not sure what excuses they will muster, aside from age and complete lack of hunger. Get to work Kenny... I know you won't though.

Who does Ken Holland think he's kidding with this garbage? Let's face it..........he's done a lousy job compared to other GM's in the league. No money left at the trade deadline and we get stuck with guys with very little hockey skill or they're just plain finished. Modano, Bertuzzi, Osgood, Rafalski, Draper, Miller, Abelkader, Eaves, Salei, Jonathan Ericksson (who, by the way, should be released immediately after the playoffs). He's terrible. What was the purpose of signing these guys? What kind of an investment did Holland make in signing these guys? It definitely showed tonight after yet another loss at home. Not to mention signing Babcock to a 4 year extention??? Probably one of the worst motivators of all-time. Is this guy kidding us or what? Just look at what Yzerman has done in Tampa. Illitch should've let Holland walk and given the job to Stevie. Isn't it obvious?

Illitch should step-up and "clean house" immediately after elimination. There's really no other way. Enough is enough.

I can't wait to watch The Mule get 3 or 4 points next game, now that it's pointless. I swear he is the most overrated playoff "Beast" I've seen. He had a big series against a crippled Avs team and manages to score multiple points in useless games (game 5)

So is this series coming back to San Jose, or do we get swept?

That's the only mystery at this moment.

I predict a repeat of last year. The Wings show they know how to play for one more game, then lose in game five. Then the Sharks get swept again in the WCF.

team needs to trade filppula while he has some value. dude is invisible right now. not a shooter, not a passer, not a shutdown forward, not a hitter...what the hell does he do?

if i read one more poster call him something like "datsyuk-lite" i'm going to vomit. get rid of him, fast.

will someone take hudler at his salary? small+slow = s*** COMBO.

cleary is BRUTAL. lost almost every single board battle. literally could hardly even take a pass. i thought he was supposed to be healthy and ready to perform? he played like he had a learning disability.

almost 9 mil is WAY too much to be tied up in these 3 clowns.

of course bert and homer are near-useless, but thanks to holland we have them for another glorious year.

ericsson...well let's just say that if you think he should be back (at a higher salary than he has right now, probably more than double), you're smoking crack.

Well I agree with you in terms of Cleary. I swear the guy loses every single puck battle and seems to fall down every chance he gets.

If I had it my way, Ericsson, Abdelkader, Cleary, and Flip (mini Dats....give me a fuc*in break) would all be on the chopping block for next season.

Depends on how much pride's left after getting curbstomped for 2 straight years by the Sharks. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if San Jose rolls Friday.

Who does Ken Holland think he's kidding with this garbage? Let's face it..........he's done a lousy job compared to other GM's in the league. No money left at the trade deadline and we get stuck with guys with very little hockey skill or they're just plain finished. Modano, Bertuzzi, Osgood, Rafalski, Draper, Miller, Abelkader, Eaves, Salei, Jonathan Ericksson (who, by the way, should be released immediately after the playoffs). He's terrible. What was the purpose of signing these guys? What kind of an investment did Holland make in signing these guys? It definitely showed tonight after yet another loss at home. Not to mention signing Babcock to a 4 year extention??? Probably one of the worst motivators of all-time. Is this guy kidding us or what? Just look at what Yzerman has done in Tampa. Illitch should've let Holland walk and given the job to Stevie. Isn't it obvious?

Illitch should step-up and "clean house" immediately after elimination. There's really no other way. Enough is enough.

Except Yzerman would never be impartial enough to be this team's current GM.

He's played with pretty much all these current players and couldn't objectively move people around like GM's have to.

Flip, Hudler and Franzen are leaving a lot to be desired right now.

Unlike the other two, Franzen has a big contract and probably won't be moved.

I thought Flip and Huds looked pretty good out there tonight at both ends of the ice. Franzen's defensive laziness directly led to the OT goal.

Howard's poor positioning was the cause of another goal; the "broken stick goal" that went on the far side. Had Howard managed to not slide five feet past where he should have been, that doesn't go in.

The first goal was a result of Brad Stuart chasing after the puck in the corner as it went to a Shark player Niklas Kronwall was already covering. Critical mistake on the PK, and one that led to a goal.

On Boyle's goal, Helm is caught standing around watching four Red Wings battle three Sharks deep in the Wings zone. Boyle slips in behind Helm and takes a feed, beating a desperately sprawling Howard. Howard is also to blame, as he basically resorted to the technique of "flail wildly and hope I stop it" on that goal, when he could normally have stopped it.

I would rather get swept. Going one more game will make it look like the Wings just had "bad luck" and don't need to do much to make things right next season.