• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

Wake me up when we get some guys named Smith and Jones on this team.

something interesting to note: the sharks have ZERO euro forwards, and just 2 euro defensemen.

You know I think I remember actually rooting for the Devils back than but I was six at the time and stupid.

You are forgiven. :)

Everyone makes a mistake like that at least once in their lives. :)

something interesting to note: the sharks have ZERO euro forwards, and just 2 euro defensemen.

One of whom (Murray) doesn't play like a Euro at all.

He's attained his Canadian citizenship by now.

and ZERO stanley cups

We need to stop counting our former Cups.

Do you even watch hockey? Your posts insinuate that you don't.

I watch and breath hockey I am pissed off right now. At the wings but do u actually think those guys are gonna tear up the NHL?

Meh, life goes on.

You have to hand it to San Jose, they are capitalizing on their chances. The Wings put forth a much better effort today, but I don't forgive them for the lack of intensity and hustle in games 1 and 2. The Wings even got the power play in OT and really did nothing with it. I know the refs got a bad rap last year in the playoffs. This year, the Wings have no one to blame but themselves. Especially in games 1 and 2.

I am behind the Wings all the way. Even going to watch Game 4. There was a team last year that won 4 in a row, and maybe the Wings can do that this year. If not, well, there isn't anything that can be done about it by whining or crying. I will put my cheering behind Steve Yzerman and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I'm right there with you, it's hard to give any sympathy to a team that decided to not give a s*** the 1st 2 games, you don't deserve to be rewarded after those pathetic displays.

We need to stop complaining about how we have too many soft, skillful Europeans. Implying that Hudler, Flip, Ericsson, or Salei have any skill any skill at all makes me mad.

One of whom (Murray) doesn't play like a Euro at all.

He's attained his Canadian citizenship by now.

i know but it's not like the sharks are a model franchise and we're clueless (about how to win in the playoffs).

We need to stop acting like Canadians are the only ones who care about hockey.

Last time I checked it was the European players who traveled away from their homes and families to play the sport. THAT is dedication.

We need to stop acting like Canadians are the only ones who care about hockey.

Last time I checked it was the European players who traveled away from their homes and families to play the sport. THAT is dedication.

Right, because they're doing it for free.

:rolleyes:

Guest stinky fish taco

and ZERO stanley cups

they've kicked the wings' asses in 2 straight years.

it's something to think about.

To be fair, I bet Sharks fans were complaining about Jumbo Joe's lack of dedication last year and every year before that since he came to town. Hell, they still might depending on how they do next round

I think the Sharks have more to play for, it shows. I didn't help with that bad call on Raffy that tied the game at 2. But the sharks don't quit, give them credit. Were not done yet, I gotta give Hudler credit, thought he played real good, Franzen was making some decent plays too, Raffy had a horrible game. We'll see what happens, gotta feeling the sharks will play easy Friday so that they can win it at home like last year. But one game at a time. Oh yeah how about our 4th line. God We could really use more Helms.

they've kicked the wings' asses in 2 straight years.

it's something to think about.

definitely but... i think it has more to do with the fact that the wings just aren't that good any more. the sharks aren't some playoff powerhouse that we should be measuring ourselves up against. unless of course they win it all...

Might be time to end the three scoring lines experiment. They didn't have three scoring lines when they won in '08, and it worked in '09 when they had an incredible roster, but with today's players it amounts to Flip + spare parts and that doesn't seem to work.

It's just way easier to assemble two good checking/grinding lines than three scoring lines. And it also leaves fewer players mis-cast in scoring roles where they shouldn't be (Abdelkader) or checking roles (where Hudler or Homer occasionally found themselves).

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i want to hear Electrophiles views/comments on this game.... :hehe:

well its not over yet...but the daggers definately in the heart.

its up to the wings now to prevent further bleeding by playing well AS A TEAM.

AND KEEP THE GODDAMN LEAD FOR F*CKS SAKES!!! <_<

i never thought id say this but im so looking forward to the Nuckies and Preds game tomorrow. its gotta be the most entertaining matchup in the 2nd round. Predators are actually matching up well against the nuckies. tomorrow could make or break Nashville.!

quick question: say the red wings do get swept, and the preds do get eliminated by the Nuckies in 5. Does Detroit get the pick before them due to the preds winning that one game? or is it done some other way?

i really dont pay attention to how the draft works, i just watch it for s***es and gigglies. :hehe:

i want to hear Electrophiles views/comments on this game.... :hehe:

well its not over yet...but the daggers definately in the heart.

its up to the wings now to prevent further bleeding by playing well AS A TEAM.

AND KEEP THE GODDAMN LEAD FOR F*CKS SAKES!!! <_<

i never thought id say this but im so looking forward to the Nuckies and Preds game tomorrow. its gotta be the most entertaining matchup in the 2nd round. Predators are actually matching up well against the nuckies. tomorrow could make or break Nashville.!

quick question: say the red wings do get swept, and the preds do get eliminated by the Nuckies in 5. Does Detroit get the pick before them due to the preds winning that one game? or is it done some other way?

i really dont pay attention to how the draft works, i just watch it for s***es and gigglies. :hehe:

apparently this is how it works (from nhl.com):

Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks

This is it. Didn't watch the game and just looking at the stats, it appears they tried to sit on their one goal lead in the 3rd ... outplayed by SJ in the final period, they get equalizer and took the wind out of the sail. It's over, let's face it. I don't even want to watch them lose game 4.

Scratch that Ill watch the next game only because it very well could be lids last game ever.

Its quite disappointing that only 3 player show up every night. dats lids and howard. the rest of the team invisible.