• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

I wonder how this might have turned out different had Lilja been playing for the Wings? At the very least we would have blocked way more San Jose shots. Is he worth another look in the off-season to replace Salei or Ericsson?

Kind of ironic how Lilja was the last player released by the Sharks literally a few days before the season began.

Guest mjtm77

Scratch that Ill watch the next game only because it very well could be lids last game ever.

Its quite disappointing that only 3 player show up every night. dats lids and howard. the rest of the team invisible.

Zetterberg played quite well

Sad day at my dads house

/he got choked up that its pretty good likelyhood that other than D its probable that Nick, Homer and Drapes hang em up in the next couple months.

/im sad that D is gonna be the only one left from our best team EVER.

I have a tissue handy when it that news is truth.:crybaby:

Hope the Wings spare me any cruel and unuasal punishment

for all people requesting for a clearing of the house... you know game 4 is friday... right? like they actually still have hockey to play for.. every chicago fan i know last round was staying positive till the very end, and they were one goal away from doing it too. come on people, lets be real fans here and cheer them till the end. you know if something happens and theyre playing in a game 7 next thursday, youre all gonna be cheering your lungs out. so before you start your bitching about how the team blows, theyre unmotivated, howard sucks, flip stinks, franzens lazy, hollands mental, or babcocks stupid.... keep the pride up and look forward to another game. one game at a time, this is the most exciting time of the year and were spoiled enough to enjoy it year in and year out. lets root for them one game at a time and just pray a bounce or two goes our way. hockey is a mysterious game... anyways game 4 is friday. GO WINGS

Sad day at my dads house

/he got choked up that its pretty good likelyhood that other than D its probable that Nick, Homer and Drapes hang em up in the next couple months.

/im sad that D is gonna be the only one left from our best team EVER.

I have a tissue handy when it that news is truth.:crybaby:

Hope the Wings spare me any cruel and unuasal punishment

f***. We are such spoiled fans. We may have been ragging on Homer lately, but I'm sure we all have a special place in all our fan hood hearts for Tomas. (No homo). I'm sure when he is gone, we will miss Homer a lot. This ******* sucks. Time flies, and sometimes I just wish it would stop for a bit.

Edited by stuck in socal

Hey Imagine me a Sacramento bred kid. My dad is born in Detroit and he curses every Thankgiving that Sanders needs a team around him. Then ESPN starts showing playoff hockey games when Im 13, June of 2007, I get my drivers license and my dad lets me go out all night. I take my girl friend to a local show (rock bands) and one of the bands is named Boneback. He is a total rocker but is on stage wearing a redwings t shirt and on stage says that we just won the stanley cup championship.

Long story short, I got my license, the wings won and I lost my virginity all all the same night.

I dont think it has set in how important that team has been to my life and typing this is getting me choked up.

Love you Nick, Homer and Drapes, Love you Shanny, Love you Lapointe, Love you Maltby, McCarty and Federov, Love you Prof, love you Joey, love you Larry s*** they fought for their lives and won.

That team brought a father and son together. When I was 16 we barely talked. At age 30 we are connected at the hip at that team helped it.

We have another game but I have no illusions that even if we win it that we dont lose 1/4.

Time does fly and my what a good time it was!!!

Hey Imagine me a Sacramento bred kid. My dad is born in Detroit and he curses every Thankgiving that Sanders needs a team around him. Then ESPN starts showing playoff hockey games when Im 13, June of 2007, I get my drivers license and my dad lets me go out all night. I take my girl friend to a local show (rock bands) and one of the bands is named Boneback. He is a total rocker but is on stage wearing a redwings t shirt and on stage says that we just won the stanley cup championship.

Long story short, I got my license, the wings won and I lost my virginity all all the same night.

I dont think it has set in how important that team has been to my life and typing this is getting me choked up.

Love you Nick, Homer and Drapes, Love you Shanny, Love you Lapointe, Love you Maltby, McCarty and Federov, Love you Prof, love you Joey, love you Larry s*** they fought for their lives and won.

That team brought a father and son together. When I was 16 we barely talked. At age 30 we are connected at the hip at that team helped it.

We have another game but I have no illusions that even if we win it that we dont lose 1/4.

Time does fly and my what a good time it was!!!

:blink:

You lost your virginity at age 14?

I'm impressed.

Edited by GMRwings1983

:blink:

You lost your virginity at age 14?

/no I was kinda skipping ahead through time. /i said I lost my virginty, watched them win and GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE on the same day, Truth be told got my drivers license the day earlier but that was THE BIG NIGHT

Being 30, they won in 97, my bday is december of 80. The fam didnt let me get my licence till the summer cause of my grades. I was 16 and 5 months old when they won. That was a huge day for me.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

for all people requesting for a clearing of the house... you know game 4 is friday... right? like they actually still have hockey to play for.. every chicago fan i know last round was staying positive till the very end, and they were one goal away from doing it too. come on people, lets be real fans here and cheer them till the end. you know if something happens and theyre playing in a game 7 next thursday, youre all gonna be cheering your lungs out. so before you start your bitching about how the team blows, theyre unmotivated, howard sucks, flip stinks, franzens lazy, hollands mental, or babcocks stupid.... keep the pride up and look forward to another game. one game at a time, this is the most exciting time of the year and were spoiled enough to enjoy it year in and year out. lets root for them one game at a time and just pray a bounce or two goes our way. hockey is a mysterious game... anyways game 4 is friday. GO WINGS

Chicago fans were not positive when they were down 3-0. They didn't get positive until they won game 5. Sorry.

The fact that we are down 3-0 to the same team back to back years is just ridiculous. This team needs some tuning. Not rebuilding, but tuning.

Go re-read other hockey forum boards dated when Chicago was down 3-0. Im sure you would be surprised that they weren`t all happy and confident they would come back.

Two teams forcing a game 7 after being down 0-3 in the same postseason? Unlikely.

Why? Statistics dictates that what happens in other series has absolutely no affect on what happens with this series...

I posted this in another thread:

The 4th game is always the hardest game to capture in a series. Look at what the Flyers were able to do last year coming back from a 3-0 deficit, and Chicago was able to force a game 7 against Vancouver this year. It can be done, no reason to believe that the Wings won't do the same.

Two teams forcing a game 7 after being down 0-3 in the same postseason? Unlikely.

Its been done twice in the past year. The Sharks coming back from a 4-0 deficit to beat the Kings was unlikely. The Wings sweeping the Coyotes without Zetterberg was unlikely. The Bolts sweeping the Caps was unlikely. The Wings going down 3-0 to the Sharks again was unlikely. There has been a lot of "unlikely" things happening in this playoff season. What's one more?

I thought Flip and Huds looked pretty good out there tonight at both ends of the ice. Franzen's defensive laziness directly led to the OT goal.

Howard's poor positioning was the cause of another goal; the "broken stick goal" that went on the far side. Had Howard managed to not slide five feet past where he should have been, that doesn't go in.

The first goal was a result of Brad Stuart chasing after the puck in the corner as it went to a Shark player Niklas Kronwall was already covering. Critical mistake on the PK, and one that led to a goal.

On Boyle's goal, Helm is caught standing around watching four Red Wings battle three Sharks deep in the Wings zone. Boyle slips in behind Helm and takes a feed, beating a desperately sprawling Howard. Howard is also to blame, as he basically resorted to the technique of "flail wildly and hope I stop it" on that goal, when he could normally have stopped it.

You never cease to amaze me...

In your eyes, Hudler never looks bad. Face it, he stinks, and I am so glad everyday more and more people are seeing it. Hopefully Holland see's it now. Trade him for whatever you can get...

Howards poor positioning? I am far from a huge Howard fan, but on the goal you speak of, if Setaguchi gets all of the puck Howard makes the save. As a goalie you can't assume the puck is going to come at you at 10 MPH, it's like a batter waiting for a fastball and then swinging way to early on a change up and looking like he is swatting at flies. When you are expecting 100 MPH and get 10 MPH, you kinda look silly, but Howard played that play perfectly from a technical standpoint.

On Boyles goal, unless that puck hits Howard, there was no way he was going to stop it. Unless it hits them, NO goalie can stop a wrister above their glove. You can research every goalie ever to play the game and they have ALL given up goals top shelf above the glove. Either it hits them or its in... Besides, Howard DID get a piece of it, so it did hit him but just not enough...

Your crush on Hudler and Filppula disturbs us, maybe Holland should trade them to you? I am 99% sure they will both be on the roster next season, and that is way too unfortunate because they are a waster of nearly $6M in cap.

I love the MULE Franzen but he is starting to remind me of Dustin Penner.

I HATE long term contracts.

I hope Lidstrom plays one last year for 1-2 million and saves us some money for some cap space. TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM LIKE YZERMAN DID.

I hope Detroit changes some faces over the summer. (and no I am not saying the series is over) Even if we win I would like to see at least one new face per every line we have.

Again... I hope...

Who does Ken Holland think he's kidding with this garbage? Let's face it..........he's done a lousy job compared to other GM's in the league. No money left at the trade deadline and we get stuck with guys with very little hockey skill or they're just plain finished. Modano, Bertuzzi, Osgood, Rafalski, Draper, Miller, Abelkader, Eaves, Salei, Jonathan Ericksson (who, by the way, should be released immediately after the playoffs). He's terrible. What was the purpose of signing these guys? What kind of an investment did Holland make in signing these guys? It definitely showed tonight after yet another loss at home. Not to mention signing Babcock to a 4 year extention??? Probably one of the worst motivators of all-time. Is this guy kidding us or what? Just look at what Yzerman has done in Tampa. Illitch should've let Holland walk and given the job to Stevie. Isn't it obvious?

Illitch should step-up and "clean house" immediately after elimination. There's really no other way. Enough is enough.

I'm baffled by this, very short sighted.

There's a reason Holland and Babcock are considered possibly the best people at their jobs. I'd write out their accomplishments but you probably already know them and are ignoring them, not even considering that there probably isn't anyone available who is even remotely as qualified. These are essentially the same players who won the Cup in '08, they know what it takes to win. They just aren't doing those things. I believe, as veteran guys, its as much their job to get up and play when it counts then it is Babs job to make them play like they want it. This Franchise is still the envy of the league. Think about for a sec, will ya?

Edited by achildr1

You are making a big mistake in assuming this board is full of Wings fans. Let me give you a hint, there are very few true Wings fans on this board. We have more bandwagon fans that have enjoyed the last 20 years of playoffs and success. So when the Wings have a rough patch or lose in the playoffs, the debbie downers all come out in droves. When we were going through that horrible injury and losing streak last season, I had a fleeting thought that it might be good if the Wings had a down season. All the bandwagon fans would leave and jump on another team's bus. This happened back in Tampa Bay. A few years after they won the cup was the best time to be a Lightning fan. The bandwagoners all left, and the stands were only half full but they were full with real fans.

Detroit has a lot of great true fans of the team. I just tire of the bandwagon fans whining, bitching, calling out to fire coaches, management, and players. Stand behind your team for a change. Be respectful in losing and winning. It really is that simple.

I'd like to thank Babcock for going into the prevent with 10min left in the game, since it hasn't worked once in the regular season surely it will work well in the playoffs.... Also great idea playing scrubs like Cleary/Homer in the OT..

Chicago fans were not positive when they were down 3-0. They didn't get positive until they won game 5. Sorry.

The fact that we are down 3-0 to the same team back to back years is just ridiculous. This team needs some tuning. Not rebuilding, but tuning.

Okay to think this team is gonna be on top year in and year out is crazy. The team has a cycle of good players in and out every year, this year may not be that year. doesnt mean over half of this fan base on here needs to starts PMSing that the team needs to get torn apart and moved to Alaska... *sarcasm*

Go re-read other hockey forum boards dated when Chicago was down 3-0. Im sure you would be surprised that they weren`t all happy and confident they would come back.

I'm sorry for the mistake, point being made though, were just as bad as Chicago fans then? anyways still a game four left. I live and die for my Wings so I'll be there losing my voice just like in game three. I'm just surprised we have so many bandwagon fans....

You are making a big mistake in assuming this board is full of Wings fans. Let me give you a hint, there are very few true Wings fans on this board. We have more bandwagon fans that have enjoyed the last 20 years of playoffs and success. So when the Wings have a rough patch or lose in the playoffs, the debbie downers all come out in droves. When we were going through that horrible injury and losing streak last season, I had a fleeting thought that it might be good if the Wings had a down season. All the bandwagon fans would leave and jump on another team's bus. This happened back in Tampa Bay. A few years after they won the cup was the best time to be a Lightning fan. The bandwagoners all left, and the stands were only half full but they were full with real fans.

Detroit has a lot of great true fans of the team. I just tire of the bandwagon fans whining, bitching, calling out to fire coaches, management, and players. Stand behind your team for a change. Be respectful in losing and winning. It really is that simple.

Yes, that is what I am saying. Hell you know if we win a game or two and make this something, All these people are gonna shut it. You know I believe in karma, and with all this bad mojo being said by everyone, no wonder the bounces havnt gone our way... maybe if our lot of fans actually had a positive thought in their souls the wings would get a good bounce this round.

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from last night. I really hope this isn't the end for Nick, I was really hoping the Wings would make a long run but maybe it's just not meant to be. I still believe till the day I die though

Anyone else notice Hudler and flipula couldent even handle the puck the last two games? I swear almost everytime either got the puck they were tripping over their feet and almost turning it over? I thought Flipula looked great in some coyote games even though he dident get the goals he looked good to me.