Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1028 replies to this topic

#761 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

The way the Sharks play defense is the way WE need to play defense. Every pass we make gets intercepted or deflected. Almost every shot gets blocked or partially blocked.

Its the year of the comebacks in the NHL playoffs. Let's hope there's another big one right around the corner for us.

#762 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I admire and appreciate a lot of you posters on here, but please don't start zeroing in on certain players. All of them played well at times, all of them played badly at times. NO one player is to blame for losing this game and probably the series.

I wish you all well, but I'm probably not going to be around here much for the rest of the season. Unless of course, a miracle happens and they figure out how to beat the Sharks. I want to try to remember the good times. Peace out. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#763 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

now this is just amusing to me. we played an excellent game and still lost. didn't sit back in the 3rd and they still tied it. thornton sucks against everyone but as soon as he was coming up the ice there i had a bad feeling.

1 thing we need to learn (especially ericcson). just shoot the puck in ot.
naked is a state of mind

#764 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

L G W ! ! !

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#765 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

how the hell can you blame Rafi for either goal? Last year was a 2 on 1 ON AN ERICSON PINCH and this year Ericson looked like s*** against Thorton? Nothing Rafi could have really done.

Also, I fully blame Mike Babcock for us losing this series. Our problem has been their 3rd line and Abdelkator was the sole reason the game got tied up... there is no reason Mike Modano wasnt playing... IMO that was a huge difference maker in this series.

It was helms fault

#766 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Wings Kryptonite - Sharks
Sharks Kryptonite - Conference Finals

******* another depressing OT loss.

Edited by MGreenberg, 04 May 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#767 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Sure glad we didn't make any moves at the deadline! In Kenny we trust!

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#768 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

how the hell can you blame Rafi for either goal? Last year was a 2 on 1 ON AN ERICSON PINCH and this year Ericson looked like s*** against Thorton? Nothing Rafi could have really done.

Also, I fully blame Mike Babcock for us losing this series. Our problem has been their 3rd line and Abdelkator was the sole reason the game got tied up... there is no reason Mike Modano wasnt playing... IMO that was a huge difference maker in this series.

Boyle was Helm's man. Scapegoat fail.

#769 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Does anyone else hate it when datsyuk and zetts get 30 secs on the pp and flips and hudler stink it up for 1:30 of it?

Unreal, well theres no excuse this year, last year it was because of all the playoffs they have played it, and having a long summer would do them good. Well whats the excuse now? Its not goaltending.

Ya i was thinking the same thing. It was absolutely ridiculous and made no sense at all..

#770 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Ericsson is the tallest traffic cone Ive ever seen. If we wore orange Id swear he had a cone head.

I had hope that we still had a chance till now. We dont have the team to climb out of this hole,. Ill root a win if we get one but we are done.

Heres to the Sharks losing in the SCWF.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#771 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

You know, call up the Grand Rapids kids and let them play. The guys on the main team don't deserve to stink up the ice again this year.

Ball-less losers. All of them.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#772 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Howard has kept these games from being 6-1.

I know, but he can't seal the deal.

Plays well and then f***s up at the wrong times. He never shuts the door when it counts.

He's not a clutch goalie.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#773 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

MOdano has been a non-factor this entire season. Enough with people pretending like him in the lineup is a game changer. It's just not in the cards, the Wings have had no luck this series, especially this game. They played really well and could easily have won 5-2, but instead, because of unlucky bounces, lose the game, predictably in overtime.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#774 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

sERIES SEEMS to be over.... anyone cue the price is right losing horn?

And guess what? Holland won't make any changes in the off season either, so we will be stuck with this team next year too...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#775 good morning

good morning

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'm so tired of this storybook s***. Come from behind wins used to be rare. I'm tired of players who haven't done jack s*** for the other team suddenly erupting and scoring all these crucial goals. All the heroes are on San Jose this season.

I have never, ever given up on the Wings before, but there is just nothing to the "Believe" garbage this time. The way these games have gone, the Wings will be lucky to win one, let alone four in a row.

So angry and disappointed. There's been nothing positive to take from this season except for Helm and Howard (at least in the playoffs). It's feeling like 99-01 again. Time for some big changes. I just can't believe a full and healthy Wings roster (relatively) is performing worse than a battered and tired Wings roster last year against the same team.

Feels like 03, 04 and 06.

We need a new coach, this isn't working out.

#776 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Refs gave the sharks this game with that interference call on rafaski I think it was.

#777 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Not sure if I'd bring Bert back, either.

who's going to be interested in him? he's signed for another year. great deal, kenny!

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#778 Liberation

Liberation

Prospect

• 34 posts

How about them Bruins?

#779 clairbear303

clairbear303

Prospect

• 48 posts

Shoot!

FML

F this week

#780 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

Damnit I broke my remote.

Broke mine last game. The replacement just came today from Dish Network.