Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1028 replies to this topic

#61 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

2002 against Vancouver, led to a pretty good result that year :champs::cool:

THANK YOU for bringing this up! :clap: I firmly believe we will win tonight. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#62 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

I've got a good feeling. Both Game 1 and 2 I was very nervous for, with doubts in my mind. But tonight, despite my frustration the other night, tonight I think all signs point to a win for Detroit, and in a big way.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#63 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

I've got a good feeling. Both Game 1 and 2 I was very nervous for, with doubts in my mind. But tonight, despite my frustration the other night, tonight I think all signs point to a win for Detroit, and in a big way.

Go Wings!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#64 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

san jose will probably play a near-perfect road game and score yet another 2-1 victory.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#65 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'll actually be around tonight for the game, with FSD feed, pre and post as always.

Haven't been around for this series and neither were the streams (Game 1 did, but broke).

Oh and just to let people know I closed registration at the end of the regular season. Won't be open until I can get some coding help, been trying to get someone to help for the past 3 months. Need to fix stuff, so hopefully it'll be open again before next season. If you're in the system, you can still work on getting approved if you haven't ;)

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#66 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

History will not repeat

4-1 Wings

Datsyuk, Franzen, Kronwall, Helm

#67 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

I'll actually be around tonight for the game, with FSD feed, pre and post as always.

Haven't been around for this series and neither were the streams (Game 1 did, but broke).

Oh and just to let people know I closed registration at the end of the regular season. Won't be open until I can get some coding help, been trying to get someone to help for the past 3 months. Need to fix stuff, so hopefully it'll be open again before next season. If you're in the system, you can still work on getting approved if you haven't ;)

Thanks! I don't have TSN2 @ my parent's house.
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#68 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Well, here it is boys... Do or die. Lets turn it up and get a win tonight!!!

#69 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

Oh, and I shall do my part brotha!!!

Posted Image

A little Rage for RAAAGGGGIIINNNGGGG purposes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdnxBA7qLjU

:scared: Oh f***, I'm old.

Holey Bin Laden's skull, you could use that to break terrorists. I would sell my grandmother out, tell you where all the troops are - anything at all. If that song is a metaphor for the Wings' energy tonight, heaven help the Sharks, and I just hope they listen to the same s*** (someone has to, my 51 year-old ass couldn't, that's for sure!).

#70 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

get this s*** done. GO FOR THE GILLS!!!!
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

#71 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

We will see a different Wings team tonight, being down 0-2 and coming home. How that translates into game 4, 5, and more, we will see. Hopefully they beat the Sharks so badly tonight, that they are demoralized, and Wings can rally for the series!

#72 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blog.htm?id=86

Calling it his only lineup change "at this time," Wings coach Mike Babcock announced after Wednesday's morning skate that veteran forward Kris Draper will play in Game 3 (8 p.m. ET, VERSUS [JIP], TSN2, RDS [JIP]) on the fourth line, with Patrick Eaves and center Darren Helm, while Drew Miller will be a healthy scratch for the first time in the series.

That means Mike Modano also likely will be a healthy scratch, for the third straight game, unless Babcock decides to put him into the lineup shortly before the game.

Draper, who will turn 40 on May 24, said sitting for the first two games a tough thing to swallow.

Calling it his only lineup change "at this time," Wings coach Mike Babcock announced after Wednesday's morning skate that veteran forward Kris Draper will play in Game 3 (8 p.m. ET, VERSUS [JIP], TSN2, RDS [JIP]) on the fourth line, with Patrick Eaves and center Darren Helm, while Drew Miller will be a healthy scratch for the first time in the series.

That means Mike Modano also likely will be a healthy scratch, for the third straight game, unless Babcock decides to put him into the lineup shortly before the game.

Draper, who will turn 40 on May 24, said sitting for the first two games a tough thing to swallow.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

Hey Wings, big tip for tonight. Score more than one please.

#74 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

san jose will probably play a near-perfect road game and score yet another 2-1 victory.

Did you predict the wings to win any games this year? Gotta love "fans" like you...........and I use the term "fans" loosely.

#75 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

Game is only a few hours away! C'mon Wings! Get it done!

What is everyone drinking tonight?
Posted Image

#76 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

Did you predict the wings to win any games this year? Gotta love "fans" like you...........and I use the term "fans" loosely.

As much of a troll that he is, it's not unreasonable of a prediction. San jose has been great on the road and have our number this entire year. But saying that... Wings win 12-3. Filppula with the Ovechtrick and Mule with a natural hattrick sparking a Franzen > Hossa thread and Filppula still being flagged for ridiculous trade offers by pro-enforcers looking to trade Filppula and a 1st for Boogard or Chris Neil.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#77 El_Brian

El_Brian

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

See this game going to OT, Perhaps tied 2-2.. Goals by Dat and another blast by Lidstrom slammed home on the rebound..
San Jose will probably see a goal by Couture and a D bomb tipped as well..
If it goes to OT I like the Sharks chances.. With another 4th Line goal on a misplay by the RedWings..

GO SHARKS! and just a good game in general by all.. hard from line to line with no free ice and maybe some free sno-cones for Jimmeh

#78 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

Dear Red Wings:
Pull your butts out of your heads and play hockey, please.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#79 bakerbert

bakerbert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Lets go wings, this is the first game to a huge comeback.

About to be on my way to the bar (Labatt Beer, in huge frosted mugs....FTW). let tomorrows hangover be worth it!!!!!!

SALUTE!!!!!!!!

Edited by bakerbert, 04 May 2011 - 05:32 PM.

"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond

#80 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

The.net.is.(pretty much) everything.

Shoot at it and crash it in their end.
And in our end, guard it like it's your mamma in net.

Thank you. And otherwise, just kick ass, please.

(Clement says Bertuzzi, Franzen and Homer have to come on strong in this game to create space. I agree.)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.