Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1028 replies to this topic

#961 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

Meh, life goes on.

You have to hand it to San Jose, they are capitalizing on their chances. The Wings put forth a much better effort today, but I don't forgive them for the lack of intensity and hustle in games 1 and 2. The Wings even got the power play in OT and really did nothing with it. I know the refs got a bad rap last year in the playoffs. This year, the Wings have no one to blame but themselves. Especially in games 1 and 2.

I am behind the Wings all the way. Even going to watch Game 4. There was a team last year that won 4 in a row, and maybe the Wings can do that this year. If not, well, there isn't anything that can be done about it by whining or crying. I will put my cheering behind Steve Yzerman and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I'm right there with you, it's hard to give any sympathy to a team that decided to not give a s*** the 1st 2 games, you don't deserve to be rewarded after those pathetic displays.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#962 Kass

Kass

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

We need to stop complaining about how we have too many soft, skillful Europeans. Implying that Hudler, Flip, Ericsson, or Salei have any skill any skill at all makes me mad.

#963 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

One of whom (Murray) doesn't play like a Euro at all.

He's attained his Canadian citizenship by now.

We need to stop counting our former Cups.

i know but it's not like the sharks are a model franchise and we're clueless (about how to win in the playoffs).

#964 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

We need to stop counting our former Cups.

We need to stop acting like Canadians are the only ones who care about hockey.

Last time I checked it was the European players who traveled away from their homes and families to play the sport. THAT is dedication.

Posted Image

#965 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

We need to stop acting like Canadians are the only ones who care about hockey.

Last time I checked it was the European players who traveled away from their homes and families to play the sport. THAT is dedication.

Right, because they're doing it for free.

:rolleyes:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#966 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

and ZERO stanley cups

they've kicked the wings' asses in 2 straight years.

it's something to think about.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#967 Kass

Kass

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

To be fair, I bet Sharks fans were complaining about Jumbo Joe's lack of dedication last year and every year before that since he came to town. Hell, they still might depending on how they do next round

#968 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

I think the Sharks have more to play for, it shows. I didn't help with that bad call on Raffy that tied the game at 2. But the sharks don't quit, give them credit. Were not done yet, I gotta give Hudler credit, thought he played real good, Franzen was making some decent plays too, Raffy had a horrible game. We'll see what happens, gotta feeling the sharks will play easy Friday so that they can win it at home like last year. But one game at a time. Oh yeah how about our 4th line. God We could really use more Helms.

#969 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

they've kicked the wings' asses in 2 straight years.

it's something to think about.

definitely but... i think it has more to do with the fact that the wings just aren't that good any more. the sharks aren't some playoff powerhouse that we should be measuring ourselves up against. unless of course they win it all...

#970 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

Right, because they're doing it for free.

:rolleyes:

Oh right, relatively speaking, the Canadians aren't getting any money, either.

I forgot that the Euros only play for the money. Canadians are so much more dedicated to the sport.

Posted Image

#971 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Might be time to end the three scoring lines experiment. They didn't have three scoring lines when they won in '08, and it worked in '09 when they had an incredible roster, but with today's players it amounts to Flip + spare parts and that doesn't seem to work.

It's just way easier to assemble two good checking/grinding lines than three scoring lines. And it also leaves fewer players mis-cast in scoring roles where they shouldn't be (Abdelkader) or checking roles (where Hudler or Homer occasionally found themselves).
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#972 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

i want to hear Electrophiles views/comments on this game.... :hehe:

well its not over yet...but the daggers definately in the heart.
its up to the wings now to prevent further bleeding by playing well AS A TEAM.

AND KEEP THE GODDAMN LEAD FOR F*CKS SAKES!!! <_<

i never thought id say this but im so looking forward to the Nuckies and Preds game tomorrow. its gotta be the most entertaining matchup in the 2nd round. Predators are actually matching up well against the nuckies. tomorrow could make or break Nashville.!

quick question: say the red wings do get swept, and the preds do get eliminated by the Nuckies in 5. Does Detroit get the pick before them due to the preds winning that one game? or is it done some other way?

i really dont pay attention to how the draft works, i just watch it for s***es and gigglies. :hehe:

#973 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

i want to hear Electrophiles views/comments on this game.... :hehe:

well its not over yet...but the daggers definately in the heart.
its up to the wings now to prevent further bleeding by playing well AS A TEAM.

AND KEEP THE GODDAMN LEAD FOR F*CKS SAKES!!! <_<

i never thought id say this but im so looking forward to the Nuckies and Preds game tomorrow. its gotta be the most entertaining matchup in the 2nd round. Predators are actually matching up well against the nuckies. tomorrow could make or break Nashville.!

quick question: say the red wings do get swept, and the preds do get eliminated by the Nuckies in 5. Does Detroit get the pick before them due to the preds winning that one game? or is it done some other way?

i really dont pay attention to how the draft works, i just watch it for s***es and gigglies. :hehe:

apparently this is how it works (from nhl.com):

Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks

#974 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

This is it. Didn't watch the game and just looking at the stats, it appears they tried to sit on their one goal lead in the 3rd ... outplayed by SJ in the final period, they get equalizer and took the wind out of the sail. It's over, let's face it. I don't even want to watch them lose game 4.

#975 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

Scratch that Ill watch the next game only because it very well could be lids last game ever.

Its quite disappointing that only 3 player show up every night. dats lids and howard. the rest of the team invisible.

#976 Canned Heat

Canned Heat

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:55 PM

I wonder how this might have turned out different had Lilja been playing for the Wings? At the very least we would have blocked way more San Jose shots. Is he worth another look in the off-season to replace Salei or Ericsson?

Kind of ironic how Lilja was the last player released by the Sharks literally a few days before the season began.

#977 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

Scratch that Ill watch the next game only because it very well could be lids last game ever.

Its quite disappointing that only 3 player show up every night. dats lids and howard. the rest of the team invisible.

Zetterberg played quite well
Posted Image

#978 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

Can someone explain to me why Babcock is so adamant that Franzen play with Datsyuk? Maybe its just me, but I don't think it works.

#979 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

Just finished the game.

f*** all things.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#980 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Sad day at my dads house

/he got choked up that its pretty good likelyhood that other than D its probable that Nick, Homer and Drapes hang em up in the next couple months.

/im sad that D is gonna be the only one left from our best team EVER.

I have a tissue handy when it that news is truth.:crybaby:

Hope the Wings spare me any cruel and unuasal punishment
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!