Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1028 replies to this topic

#1021 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

There's no excuse, the Sharks are simply finding a way to win end of story

It's not like the Sharks are coming out and dominating the Wings when they win (much like the Wings did against them in game 4 last year). Instead every Shark win has been a 1 goal game, which we all know could possibly have gone the other way. What the sharks are doing are the little things that can change the outcome; like embellishing a penalty, diving, frustrating the other team (spraying ice repeatedly on howard).

IMHO, thats how the sharks won last years series and its how they pulled away with a 3-0 lead this year. They came into this series KNOWING what to do and how to take a small advantage that would make all the difference. It worked for them befor, rinse and repeat.

Edited by SpIkE, 05 May 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#1022 WINGSINAZ

WINGSINAZ

NOOOOO! Can't believe I have a concussion!

• 23 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

One has to believe that this streak of loosing one goal games to the Sharks is going to turn in our favor at some point. Whether that's the next game or next year or some other time in the future I don't know. But these things have a way of evening out.

Look at our run over the past 20 years. In the early 90's we couldn't find a way to win in the playoffs and Colorado got the better of us a couple years in a row. Then the tables turned and we we got the better of them.

Look at the 2008 and 2009 Stanley Cup finals. One year we get the better of Pittsburg, the next they get the better of us.

This is just how hockey works. All we can really hope for and believe in is that starting in game 4, the Wings start to find ways to win by the slimist of margins instead of being on the other side.

And if the Sharks win this thing, we tip our hats to them and put faith in our future.

But winning 4 in a row is not impossible (especially when the games are so close). We've already done it once this post season, lets just believe our boys can do it again.

GO WINGS!!!

#1023 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Honestly, I don't have the wherewithal to "believe." I believed all first games this series and it's just been a repeated slap in the face of the Red Wings. So far they've lost to the refs, to San Jose dominance, and then to unlucky bounces. If they haven't gotten a lucky bounce yet, I highly doubt they're going to get all of the lucky bounces from here on out.

But hey, I guess if Chicago could go to seven games after being down 3-0, the Wings could.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll be there til the very, bitter end, cheering them on. I'm no fairweather fan.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1024 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

Let's go Red Wings!!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1025 GAWing

GAWing

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Tough to take, but the slimmest of margins between winning and losing is just the way it goes in the NHL. I don't see a complete overhaul happening, but definitely need a couple of big difference makers like the Sharks currently have.

#1026 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

The last ten pages of this GDT are sickening.

#1027 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,239 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

The last ten pages of this GDT are sickening.

Maybe that's cause we're down 3-0.

That is pretty sickening.

Oh and BTW, Crymson, I don't think we have any chance in this series. ;)

Edited by GMRwings1983, 06 May 2011 - 12:06 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1028 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

Let's go Red Wings!!!!!

That's what I'm trying to say....
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#1029 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

There's a current GDT. Let's continue the discussion in there.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011