• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingscup

Kronwall interviewed in swedish paper

Rate this topic

Kronwall has been interviewed for swedish paper Expressen.

Detroit is trailing 2-0 in games against San Jose Sharks. In other words, tonight´s game is incredibly important for the Swedes team at home at Joe Louis Arena.

Pro Hockey blog got a hold of Niklas Kronwall when he sat in his car on his way to practice.

Sharks looks tough to meet - how has the feeling been on the ice in the first two games?

No, we haven't been good enough, simply. I do not want to take something from the Sharks. They have been really good, but we must do better.

Is there something specific in your game that you think of?

It's everything, basically. Both attack and defense. We must make it harder for their defenders to start the attacks. We must attack the goal and disturb their goalie, which I do not think we have tried at all.

We must break their attack after 10-15 seconds rather than after 40-45 seconds, so we can go on the attack before we get too tired.

And finally we need to become much, much better on the power play.

You are trailing 2-0 in matches. What is the situation in the team now? Is it pressed or relaxed?

It still feels pretty good, I think. We believe in what we do, and we are looking forward to tonight's match.

There has been talk of Sharks players' mind games, especially against your goalie Jimmy Howard. Are there extra trash-talk, and such, on the ice?

No, not what I've noticed. Perhaps it is like that for the others. They have made some "snow-showers" at Howard, but we should stay away from scrums and put energy into other things.

I think it is a sheer pleasure to see Pavel Datsyuk playing hockey at the moment. How is it to play with him?

I think he is the world's best right now - and he has been all year. It's incredible what he can do on the ice, both in attack and defense.

Guest Save The Octopus

1. Lose first 2 games of series
  2. Return to home ice
  3. Do everything better
  4. ?????
  5. Profit!