• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Can The Wings Win This Series?

Rate this topic

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets face it, there have been 3 times in HISTORY that a team has came back from a 3-0 deficit. (Some people say 4 teams have come back)

The Following Teams Did It:

Toronto Maples Leafs vs Detroit (1942)

New York Islanders vs. Pittsburgh (1975)

Philadelphia Flyers vs Boston (2010)

The real question is...Do the wings have what it takes to make history?

My Answer Is Yes.

Here are some things that need to happen for us to win this series:

• The Team Needs To Wake up
  • 3rd and 4th Line Scoring
  • Improved Penalty Kill
  • Momentum Shifting Moments
  • LOCKDOWN Defense
  • Intimidation
  • Coaches need to prepare the players better
  • Confuse the other team
  • OUTWORK the opposition

If we can get the breaks and take this step by step, a miracle can occur.

We will need the inspiration from someone to find a way to get ourselves out of this hole.

The only way this can happen is if the Wings play to the ability we've seen. They need absolutely flawless hockey from this point out.

My Predictions:

Game 4: Wings 3-1

Game 5: Wings 2-1[OT]

Game 6: Wings 3-0

Game 7: Wings 4-3[OT]

BELIEVE

Edited by Pat

If the Wings win Game 4, and then SJ's plane crashes on the way to Game 5 and the Sharks were forced to use their AHL team, the Wings still wouldn't win this series. There is no desire to win right now and they proved it in OT last night. If you don't score on a PP in OT (or right after it) you don't win.

I absolutely believe we can win this series, but only if one thing changes: puck luck. It's funny how important a concept as abstract as that becomes during the playoffs.

With bounces going our way, the OT goal in game 1 never happens. With pucks bouncing our way, the first goal from tonight likely doesn't happen and the second goal definitely doesn't happen. When teams are as good as these two are, it comes down to something more intangible than working harder on the forecheck or racing to the corners for loose pucks. Yes, those things are absolutely critical but I feel that the Wings have been doing that in this series already. With a little luck, this series would be 2-1 Detroit at the worst. I guess I've just resigned myself to not being angry, but instead just hoping against hope that the hockey gods smile upon us and that a minor miracle is in the works.

if there is a team that could choke that badly wouldnt it be the sharks

THIS.

However, the Wings are done. I was at the game tonight, and they played a good game, and it still wasn't enough. I thought that Kronner hit on Heatley could be the series turning point, but unfortunately it turned back in a hurry. These Sharks are good/lucky.

We might win game five. We won't win any more than that.

Um ... I don't understand. How is this possible?

Anyhow, I wonder if there is no hunger in winning any more cups for this group of veterans. Been there, done that. Why kill yourself, it's not as if you get a whole lot of money. No desire, no hunger, let's just go for 2 rounds, please some of the fans and then get a nice long break till next season.

Anyhow, I wonder if there is no hunger in winning any more cups for this group of veterans. Been there, done that. Why kill yourself, it's not as if you get a whole lot of money. No desire, no hunger, let's just go for 2 rounds, please some of the fans and then get a nice long break till next season.

Yeah, I meant game four. My bad.

...I've been drinking a bit to drown my sorrows.

Guest mjtm77

want to believe but even when we play a good game (tonight) we seem to loose.

Na they wont win a game. They had several opportunities to win tonights game and choked. Series over. If they won tonight i would have a totally different outlook but they had the game handed over to them in OT with a PP and failed.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. This is the annoyingly uninspired Redwings team that shows up every so often following any periods of post season success. Remember the Redwings of the early and mid 2000s? They impressed us with their stellar regular seasons before bowing out in the first and second round to some surprise team like the Kings, Ducks, Flames, or Oilers.

With the exception of tonight, this team has looked like a bunch of fat cats playing a much hungrier San Jose team that has a lot more to prove.

I predict that this team will be done in 4, 5 games at best. I want to be optimistic and want to be wrong, but let's face it, history is stacked against us and tonight was heart breaker that could very well be the back breaker for the Wings in this series.

Let's hope for a Redwings team on a mission in 2012.

Very disappointing series by the Wings. I expected much more from them. It's not completely impossible for them to come back from a 3-0 deficit, but I too, am wondering if they have enough fire burning in their guts to overcome themselves. The Sharks aren't really playing much better than they are. It's their own fault. I blame Canada.

SAn Jose is officially better than the red Wings. Took the series last year; took the regular season this year, and are now sweeping us under the rug when it matters most.

San Jose hit the jackpot adding Couture, Ian White and even Kyle Wellfed is being all he can be.

Thornton is still a douchebag but Mclellen has him playing like a Conn Smythe candidate.

And Niemi gets yanked against LA but he is killing us.

We just don't have the jump. The first two games SJ had an unbeleivable pace that we couldn't match. Tonite we just didn't look too concerned and it slipped away.

Sj will smell blood in Game 4 and put us out of our misery. Very disappointing.

Edited by T.Low