• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Can The Wings Win This Series?

Rate this topic

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 'yes' because I see little value in being negative. At the end of the day, this is entertainment and I'm hoping that the Wings will be able to make a history-making comeback. I've said it before, the Wings have the talent to get it done, I feel like there's something going on mentally that's preventing them from playing to their potential.

The 4th game is always the hardest game to capture in a series. Look at what the Flyers were able to do last year coming back from a 3-0 deficit, and Chicago was able to force a game 7 against Vancouver this year. It can be done, no reason to believe that the Wings won't do the same.

If the Wings lose the series, I hope they take it to heart and use that as the driving force to show up for every game next season.

if there is a team that could choke that badly wouldnt it be the sharks

TBH, not this years Sharks. If they keep this play there's no telling how far they'll go. WCF should really decide the SCF winner. Tampa is the only real shot the east have.

I say YES, they can win. I question whether they want to, however. Above all that, after the last few games, I wonder whether they deserve to

Yes we can come back. Just win this next game. Then go to SJ, bust your ass and hopefully we'll get a break that goes our way for a change. If there's a Game 6 in Detroit, the pressure starts to set in for the Sharks as they don't want a Game 7. Sharks crack under pressure, Wings win and force a Game 7 where anything can happen. A lot of "ifs" and maybe's but its possible. Getting that 4th win is always the hardest.

We have the talent to do it, but there is NO WAY we will be able to. We arent playing the Florida Panthers here. The Sharks are a great hockey team with lots of hunger. I dont see them choking 4 games in a row. Just not going to happen.

I really hope we make a couple changes next year. OH! and Lids comes back for at least one more season :cool:

It is times like this when I as a fan struggle to keep realistic. I want very badly for us to flip the switch we saw in the Phx series. I want us to claw back. I want to see the Winged Wheel in the WCF. I think they can do it, they need 4 games. They need to send a message tomorrow, then they need to steal one in SJ, and finally they need to eek one out in 6, that brings up game 7 which as everyone knows is anyones game. But first we need to WIN tomorrow night. One game at a time. LGW

The Red Wings have too many players that are mailing it in night after night to ever make a comeback in this series. There is a reason why great teams of the original six era were rebuilt after a long stretch of winning, it was to keep the players hungry. Very few players that have no worries of getting traded or waived will give you their best night after night. When you combine that with a very predictable coach it does not look good for a comeback.

How the freaking heck do people still think we can win? STILL???

Its called being a die-hard fan. In the '95 Finals, we were down 3-0 in the series and losing by two goals in the third period and I was like "Okay, now if we can just score just one goal in the next 10 minutes, we'll have the rest of the game to tie it up... okay, now one goal in the next 8 minutes." I'm nuts like that.

It's all but over, but anything is still possible.

I don't think they will but that doesn't mean that I don't want them to or that they can't. I'll still watch game 4 and hope like pretty much everybody else here even though most probably are typing or thinking hope right now.

Personally I think this team has the talent to do it if they were to play their game but I honestly don't think it will happen so I voted no and I that they'll get swept which is especially frustrating because I'll be at the game Friday. I'm even driving all the way from Toronto for this so before any of you get on me for 'not believing' that should be enough evidence that I still beleive they can do it - I just don't think it will.

Ultimately, everything is going the Sharks way right now. They survived the LA series when they probably shouldn't have. The bounces are going their way right now and the PK issues aren't going to be solved in less than 48 hours. The Wings have had way too many opportunities to be in this series (hell, they could be leading this series if bounces had gone the other way) and they haven't taken advantage while the Sharks have and that is the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs. In the end, teams win the cup because they don't leave the results of games up to how those bounces go. They overcome iffy penalty calls, deflected shots that end up in goals, and all of those other minor things by simply doing more. The Wings just aren't doing enough right now to win.

I think given that EVERY game we play these guys is a one goal game, we would need to get so lucky to win the series. There is natural variation in the game of hockey and out of the next four games, San Jose is more likely than not to win a game and end it. I won't stop fighting for it and believing until the last buzzer, but realistically it will be quite the feat to accomplish.

Its basically up to the wings whether they want to win or not and given the last 3 games they've proven to me they don't have the drive/energy to impose there will. They easily lose 1:1 battles and have no sort of consistency. They turn on the playoff switch 5mins at a time with 15mins off. They're not hungry enough is the bottom line.

Highly unlikely, but possible. If you don't have any hope left, you might as well stop watching hockey all together. Everyone talks about bandwagon fans for other teams that don't support their teams when they start to lose....how are any of you different? My depression would rival that of anybody in here, but if you don't stand behind your team at their greatest moment of need, you don't deserve to stand behind them at all.

I STILL BELIEVE! LETS GO WINGS!