• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Can The Wings Win This Series?

Rate this topic

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think most ppl are upset because they know this team can play much better then they are now. We all know the potential and great chemistry this team has and nothing is clicking. Its nothing more than frustrating to see one of the best team in the NHL struggle.

It really isn't even the lack of playing, or who's playing better. These teams are so evenly matched it comes up to who makes the most mistakes and who can CAPITALIZE on those mistakes. Special teams have obviously shined in this series and San Jose showed they can make the most of the opportunities at hand, but is that because they're the better team or is it because we're the one's making the mistakes allowing the to capitalize? Can the wings come back and win? Ofcouse, but it's all about mental attitude taking one period at a time. Last night the Sharks won, personally, because they weren't scared of making mistakes. It wasn't do or die for them, it was another game, they could afford to make the mistakes. When you're playing that kind of hockey it allows you to just go along with the momentum of the game. The Wings were trying to never make mistakes and you can't play hockey like that, you need to just react not think.

All three one-goal games were won by what was tantamount to three coin flips. You can flip a coin and get heads three times in a row, no problem. And it can go the other way just as easily. Lucky bounces in all three games could have decided each of those games in Detroit's favor. If that had happened, everyone would now be extolling the virtues of All Things Wings, and how they were "able to find a way" to win -- as the Sharks worried frantically over what serious changes needed to be made to get a different result.

I don't underestimate the absolute volatility of a series of extremely low scoring, one-goal-margin games like these, and I seriously doubt that either team's coaches do either. A series like this can swing wildly in either direction.

So yes, while not statistically probable (any more than all the other highly improbable, highly unlikely comebacks in the past two years), it is most definitely possible.

Ovechkin said the Caps were still going to win their series and looked what happened.

I want the Wings to win as bad as everyone else but it's not going to happen. They might win game 4, but that's it. They're done. No way they beat the Sharks 4 more games in a row. Hope I'm wrong....

Yeah as much as I want the Wings to win and I would love to eat my words. I don't see them winning four straight unless they learn how to play as a consistently solid sixty minute team again.

All 1 goal games, two in OT. I still have hope until the bitter end. Sharks' luck will not last forever - in game 1 we kill off a double minor in OT and what's-his-ugly-face gets a crazy deflection goal, in game 3 a blind pass to Dan Boyle who shoots it into Howard's glove barely gets by and ties it up in the third, flubbed shot by Setoguchi on that one timer fools Howard, crazy bounce in front of the net lands right on Setoguchi's stick, etc.

I know we get bounces too (Eaves' goal), but if they happened for us and not for them, this series is not 3-0. Got that hope, baby.

Its called being a die-hard fan. In the '95 Finals, we were down 3-0 in the series and losing by two goals in the third period and I was like "Okay, now if we can just score just one goal in the next 10 minutes, we'll have the rest of the game to tie it up... okay, now one goal in the next 8 minutes." I'm nuts like that.

Enough with this "die-hard fan" poppycock. We're all die-hard fans, otherwise we wouldn't waste the time to answer the question. You can be a fan and be optimistic, you can be a fan and be realistic. We swept the Coyotes because they're a piece of s***, rinky-dink team. The Grand Rapids Griffins could have swept the Coyotes. The Sharks are a better team than we are, and we've been outplayed three games in a row. We can't score on the PP, our defense sucks, and the Wings at times go on the ice looking lazy and frankly, like they're somnambulists. That's not going to win you games.

The same thing happened last season. We beat our 1st round opponent because they were a lightweight team, we face our 2nd round opponent and get our clocks cleaned. Is it possible that we'll win the next four games in a row? Sure. It's also possible that I'll win money in the lottery this weekend. Does that mean it's going to happen? The chances are slim to none, and slim is walking out the door with a hooker on each arm.

Face it -- when playing better teams, the Red Wings get exposed. We can't go through the playoffs always playing weaker teams.

Guest mjtm77

no offense but holy s*** most red wings fans are a bunch of *******. At the start of season you think they will have a record breaking year you think stanley cup hands down no one els has a chance, after 4 games in you thought this team was toast. after little slumps you want to trade every one on the team and fire the staff. sorry but most people are right when they say wings fans are *******. we have been spoled over and it clearly shows the effect it has had on you guys. Stop complaining believe in your team and watch game 4 tommorow as it could verry well be last game in the NHL. wings fans should make sure to cherish whatever games are left in this series as the odds are Lids wont be back next season

no offense but holy s*** most red wings fans are a bunch of *******. At the start of season you think they will have a record breaking year you think stanley cup hands down no one els has a chance, after 4 games in you thought this team was toast. after little slumps you want to trade every one on the team and fire the staff. sorry but most people are right when they say wings fans are *******. we have been spoled over and it clearly shows the effect it has had on you guys. Stop complaining believe in your team and watch game 4 tommorow as it could verry well be last game in the NHL. wings fans should make sure to cherish whatever games are left in this series as the odds are Lids wont be back next season

Sorry, the DRW fan you're describing isn't me. I'm a realist.

I'm pretty sure the Wings will stay in the NHL if they lose game 4. Unless you mean the shame will drive them to the minors.

Guest mjtm77

I'm pretty sure the Wings will stay in the NHL if they lose game 4. Unless you mean the shame will drive them to the minors.

I ment to say Lidstrom's last game

Sorry, the DRW fan you're describing isn't me. I'm a realist.

Sorry, Never said it was you I said most people

This isn't about game 5, 6, and 7. As it stands, the Wings need to concentrate on game 4. I live for today because tomorrow has not come. The Wings live for game 4 because game 5 has not come. Anything can happen in a hockey game. Crazy bounces, puck luck, and everything between. Skate fast, work hard, and shoot shoot shoot. You can only play one game at a time and if this series was over they wouldn't drop the puck tonight. There is a reason they play the games, because anything can happen.

Can they win this series Yes, will they probably not. I've seen this team do some amazing stuff in my years of being a fan I believe in my team and I love the Wings It would be very hard and it would mean a total total team effort and they CANNOT play they way I've seen them play this season. If they can do what they did last year in game 4 and do it for 4 strait games than San Jose has no chance but since I don't think the Wings will be able to do all that they won't win. It's not over yet.

As much I would love to see them come back I am thinking they grab tonight for pride.

Just in case they do win and to assure a chance of winning the rest. I am working on a time machine to go back to 1997, 2002 and grab some players for the rest of the series.

Wings will probably lose tonight.... WHY you ask???

This is why....What he says here before game 3 holds true today and therefor the result will more than likely be the same

You need to make some changes to the way you play when you can't play the way your used to playing.

adding Draper for Miller is not a change...

Babcock is starting to wear thin with me. I am so sick and tired of hearing "We need to find a way to...(Fill in your phrase here)..."

and Hockey Gods. that's another one I am starting to hate hearing.

Going to be tough. I said no as I have seen us be that close and still can't close it out it any of these games. Jimmy has been OUR MVP but no one around him I can even mention outside of Pav, Nick, and a gutsy round by Hank. I want to eat crow for this everyday of the week and love it up. Prove me wrong as I still believe!

This is a pretty ignorant post...

First off, of course we thought we were gonna have a great team this season and do well in the regular season... and we did.

Most of us remember last season and knew that if we faced the Sharks, we could very well lose again... we are.

IF we lose this series, and there really hasn't been any indication that they won't. Especially considering everyone is to the point of wishing for a lucky bounce. If you are depending on lucky bounces in order to beat your opponent, you aren't good enough... they aren't.

Of course they could turn it around, but if they don't start imposing their will with a little more zest, they wont. IF they lose to the Sharks (again), personnel will have to change. You can't just keep repeating the same things over and over hoping for a better outcome. That's insanity, right?

If the Sharks sweep, and their isn't some kind of personnel change beyond bringing up GR guys, then it will be another short playoff run again next season imo. If the Sharks sweep, there are only about 3-4 totally untouchable guys imo.