• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Can The Wings Win This Series?

Rate this topic

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've watched more playoff hockey this year than any year before. Seen every team play. Trust me as an outsider, Wings are winning the Cup. Boston might give you a a few headaches if they beat Tampa but you're gonna roll the Canucks and Luongo. Sedin Brothers are going to put to shame by the Detroit crew.

I've watched more playoff hockey this year than any year before. Seen every team play. Trust me as an outsider, Wings are winning the Cup. Boston might give you a a few headaches if they beat Tampa but you're gonna roll the Canucks and Luongo. Sedin Brothers are going to put to shame by the Detroit crew.

We have another game to win before we go anywhere. But hey, I always said they could do it. They have come too far to lose the next one.

Now, back on topic. When we went down 3-0 and were generally playing like sacks of crap, I didn't think it was possible for them to be on the verge of forcing a 7th game. I'm beyond ecstatic that they've done what they've done, especially since it looked like they wouldn't have the chance to do it. I always enjoy when the Red Wings prove me wrong.

I know, 3-3 from 0-3 is amazing. I didn't think much of the Wings play in the first three games, but now..

Looking forward to Game 7! It's great they came back.

HEH! i just signed up on this board but my 2 cents you guys are acting like bitter rivals here are we not all here for the same thing? to support our team through thick and thin NO MATTER the circumstance I LOVE THIS TEAM GWG!!!!!

HEH! i just signed up on this board but my 2 cents you guys are acting like bitter rivals here are we not all here for the same thing? to support our team through thick and thin NO MATTER the circumstance I LOVE THIS TEAM GWG!!!!!

Some of us are here to support the team. Some others, for some reason, feel the need to try and spread their negativism.

Wonder how many of these naysayers believe now. Why wouldn't they? The Wings are winning. I sure hope it's ok for me to believe now. I wouldn't want to be irrational or anything...

Some of us are here to support the team. Some others, for some reason, feel the need to try and spread their negativism.

Wonder how many of these naysayers believe now. Why wouldn't they? The Wings are winning. I sure hope it's ok for me to believe now. I wouldn't want to be irrational or anything...

I like when people attempt to take shots at me, like my self-worth as a fan is predicated on whether other fans like me.

I like when people attempt to take shots at me, like my self-worth as a fan is predicated on whether other fans like me.

Agreed. Let's pump the brakes people. We are all here to cheer this team on through the best of times and worst. Similar to a marriage dry.gif jk ;)

But seriously, taking shots at other fans for not being as "supportive" is silly. I only say this because I don't really care for everyone trying to measure their fandom to others. It's quite silly. GO WINGS now and forever!!!!! thumbup.gif

Please stop and quit dogging people for being realistic without saying stuff like "THIS TEAM SUCKS OR HAS NO DRIVE" or things similar.

When this series was 0-3, many people in here were simply just playing the odds and being realistic and it was safe to assume that the series was all but over. The general consensus was that and very few of these people were throwing individual players under the bus, they weren't roasting the goalie, they weren't wanting a firesale of a new roster. Just that when you are down 0-3, the odds are slim and none, nothing more/less. I can bet you pretty much all these people went in to watch game 4 as well wanting and hoping that the Wings could keep their season alive. Count me in this general consensus.

And let's get one thing clear, in a similar/we believe thread where it was pretty much just a homer pom-pom cheerleader thread, I dogged people who basically were condescending towards others for continuing to believe no matter how terrible the odds are.

I consider myself a hopeful optimist most the time but I'm not going to deny when the odds are slim and none. Give up? No. But I'm not going to ignore when the odds are crappy. I'm really sick of seeing fans of both sides in here belittling the other side. You want to be an eternal optimist who is nothing but a cheerleader? Great, more power to ya, I understand where you are coming from and I like that you are one of these people. Don't belittle others for being realistic and nothing more/less when the odds are not in your favor. And if you are one of those people that in the end want to tell people I told you so, don't do it where the mood is one of being a cheerleader or one of hope.

Pretty much everybody here wants the Red Wings to win regardless of how they display their attitudes or emotions or whatever.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I'm an outsider but I honestly always believed Wings could come back; especially given how close the first 3 losses were. That's why I bet them when they were down 3-0 and getting 50:1 odds to win the Cup(my eyes almost popped out of my head). This team has too much damn talent and character to not take a shot at those odds down 3-0 or not.

I like when people single me out and call me a ******* idiot for believing a team can do something that has been done before, in the last year none the less. Sorry for supporting the Wings on a Wings site. I'll try to hate the Wings more when things get rough.

Agreed. Let's pump the brakes people. We are all here to cheer this team on through the best of times and worst. Similar to a marriage jk ;)

But seriously, taking shots at other fans for not being as "supportive" is silly. I only say this because I don't really care for everyone trying to measure their fandom to others. It's quite silly. GO WINGS now and forever!!!!!

That's the problem, no we are not. Most of us are, yes. Then there are the pompous assholes that want to call people idiots for believing the improbable can happen and run around saying it can't be done. I realize the odds. Everybody does. There is no mystery what a task the Wings were facing, and are still not done with. If you go back and read this thread, it was a post I said we should stand united and back the red and white that I was called an irrational idiot for. That, I don't appreciate simply for believing in our team. And if you were to go back and read my first post in this thread, I admitted it is unlikely it would happen, but I also said it was possible and I still believe.

I guess taking shots at supportive fans isn't silly. Forgive me for being so irrational and standing up for this team on a site dedicated to them.

Sorry for making this into an ordeal, really, but I'm not gonna sit by, on a Wings site and let these tools ruin the ******* parade with their pessimistic 'rationality'. If the Wings win game seven, they're just gonna come out and be like...'they'll never get by the Canucks ', or some other bulls*** drivel. Have some ******* backbone and quit whining.

Knock it off already. You're not the authority on what does or does not constitute a fan, the same as no one else here is. Some fans are more pessimistic, some fans are more optimistic. We're all still fans, and nothing you say is going to change that.

This armchair psychoanalysis has to stop.

Knock it off already. You're not the authority on what does or does not constitute a fan, the same as no one else here is. Some fans are more pessimistic, some fans are more optimistic. We're all still fans, and nothing you say is going to change that.

This armchair psychoanalysis has to stop.

I'm not trying to be. Not at all. I'm appalled everyone is so tolerant of this crap. Incredible site overrun with rampant crybabies. Say what you want about the team, ultimately, it won't affect me. But it does make our fan base look like a bunch of whiny little *******, which is exactly what all the others say about us and will continue to. Sorry for calling the kettle black.

I don't give two figs and a half what people from some other fan base think of me, or think of anyone else who roots for the Red Wings. I don't. So they can think we're all "whiny little *******." That's their problem, not mine.

If you don't like the way the modmins here run the site re: what people are allowed to say about the Red Wings, please feel free to contact a moderator or Matt himself and complain. However leave the rest of us out of it.

I'm not trying to be. Not at all. I'm appalled everyone is so tolerant of this crap. Incredible site overrun with rampant crybabies. Say what you want about the team, ultimately, it won't affect me. But it does make our fan base look like a bunch of whiny little *******, which is exactly what all the others say about us and will continue to. Sorry for calling the kettle black.

It's not so much tolerant as you have to expect it. Every fan base has its idiots and lunatics, people who go off the deep end emotionally, people who are just run-of-the mill in emotions and what not. The Red Wings fan base is no different, the fan bases where I live and the area I went off to for college are no different.

Again, if you want to be the eternal optimist, that's great. I'd love for everybody to be that or act like it. It's not going to happen with everybody though, and while some of those people might aggravate me as well, it doesn't encompass everybody and not everybody who isn't an eternal optimist is a debbie downer or negative nancy who throws everybody under the bus.

It's not going to change anytime soon with any fan base. Just gotta accept it and appreciate that you are an eternal optimist and move on. Let people be who they are.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Well I don't know how much gas the Wings have left in the tank as even if they win game 7 they may be too banged up to get by Vancouver. I also think that what cost the wings heavily was blowing leads in games 1 & 3 as if not for those 2 games they would be through already. Also playing in San Jose will be a huge disadvantage for the Wings as that place is a house of horror with the exception of the 3rd period of game 5.

Well I don't know how much gas the Wings have left in the tank as even if they win game 7 they may be too banged up to get by Vancouver. I also think that what cost the wings heavily was blowing leads in games 1 & 3 as if not for those 2 games they would be through already. Also playing in San Jose will be a huge disadvantage for the Wings as that place is a house of horror with the exception of the 3rd period of game 5.

No offense, Lenny, but where are your posts when we win??

So, if you were the GM and Coach, do you pack enough for a week in the event you win game 7? Be prepared to go straight to Vancouver or go home to Detroit before Sunday? Not to jinx anyone but I wonder what they are thinking. My bet is that they will be prepared to go to Vancouver if they win game 7.

It's not so much tolerant as you have to expect it. Every fan base has its idiots and lunatics, people who go off the deep end emotionally, people who are just run-of-the mill in emotions and what not. The Red Wings fan base is no different, the fan bases where I live and the area I went off to for college are no different.

Again, if you want to be the eternal optimist, that's great. I'd love for everybody to be that or act like it. It's not going to happen with everybody though, and while some of those people might aggravate me as well, it doesn't encompass everybody and not everybody who isn't an eternal optimist is a debbie downer or negative nancy who throws everybody under the bus.

It's not going to change anytime soon with any fan base. Just gotta accept it and appreciate that you are an eternal optimist and move on. Let people be who they are.

This, I agree with. I know I'm not changing anyone's opinion, not trying to. The people I am talking to however are those debbie downers who get some satisfaction out of trying to ruin the parade for everyone trying to stay positive. People can say what they want, I'm not trying to censor anyone, but I am going to call them out on what they say, especially here. They think I'm an irrational idiot and I think they are crybaby bandwagon *******. That's fine with me.

Definitely fair enough. Just trying to make it understandable that it works both ways. The happy-go let's stay positive crowd that belittles the other group (or anybody for that matter who show reasonable doubt or worry without saying we are screwed when basically they aren't really hinting at all of the negative attitude) is just as annoying as the Negative crowd that has to say "See I was right and you were stupid to hope".

This, I agree with. I know I'm not changing anyone's opinion, not trying to. The people I am talking to however are those debbie downers who get some satisfaction out of trying to ruin the parade for everyone trying to stay positive. People can say what they want, I'm not trying to censor anyone, but I am going to call them out on what they say, especially here. They think I'm an irrational idiot and I think they are crybaby bandwagon *******. That's fine with me.

i think most people have a problem with the bandwagon branding. just because you are saying negative things about the team after they play poorly and are almost always looking at the glass as half-empty doesn't mean that you aren't a true fan of this team. i criticise the team all the time but i do it because i care. if i was a bandwagon fan i wouldn't care enough to get so upset at times that i feel the need to post something like "ericsson is useless," after he makes a bunch of mistakes out there. i probably wouldn't even notice it.

i think most people have a problem with the bandwagon branding. just because you are saying negative things about the team after they play poorly and are almost always looking at the glass as half-empty doesn't mean that you aren't a true fan of this team. i criticise the team all the time but i do it because i care. if i was a bandwagon fan i wouldn't care enough to get so upset at times that i feel the need to post something like "ericsson is useless," after he makes a bunch of mistakes out there. i probably wouldn't even notice it.

I am critical of this team too. Fans are critical because they care. Fans are supportive because they believe.

And Ericsson is useless...

No offense, Lenny, but where are your posts when we win??

I've been busy and not been to this forum as much and thus haven't posted anything until today. I'll definitely try to post something after game 7 win or lose. But like I said before I am not expecting any miracles from this team as this series has basically been a perfect example of how the Wings season has gone e.g. up & down & up again & down again.